What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockyrulz

Juniors
BS? Where is the BS? Where are the untruths, the misleading press releases? There is no BS, everything about this bid will be strong.

According to you, however, we could have a "drop-in" team in say Adelaide can we? No need for any strategic plan, no need for a strong supporter base, no need for one of the biggest untapped junior pools in the country, no need for custom-built facilities, no need for a strong brand and image, no need for a community that wants the side, no need for engagement WITH that community by the club... But at least fox will be able to spread to a new market, so all will be well!! THAT is BS!!

But you suggest that location trumps ALL of these things. That they amount to nothing. What you're saying is that you really don't understand the real strength of the foundations upon which this bid will be built.

Sure, any of these thing can theoretically exist in MORE desirable locations than the Central Coast. Many of them in fact already do exist, to varying degrees, within some of the other contending bids. However, the fact remains that no-one else has ALL of it and more.

Thankfully the people upon who's shoulders rest the decision-making process which is to come,will see the bigger picture, and will come to a conclusion that best benefits rugby league in this country, not just for the next 3-5 years, but beyond, well into the future. They will not take your short-sighted, uninformed OPINION that the value of a team on the CC is negligible. If two other bids are chosen, yes I will be upset, but I can promise you that in their current states, the only thing ANY other bid trumps this one on, will be location.

Besides, you seem to be clutching at straws - only a few posts ago, your argument was that CC fans wouldn't be PASSIONATE enough, and others would be more deserving. To which do you object most - our lack of passion, or our location? Or perhaps you just wouldn't like the bears back for some other dubious reason, which will be no doubt just as subjective as all of your other observations.

You're either a complete moron or you struggle with basic reading comprehension. My comments which you take out of context, are well, taken out of context and were responses not individual claims.

Adelaide? Well if you want to engage in straw men arguments, by all means. Simple fact is Adelaide is not relevant. They do not have a bid. Perth does, so do SE QLD consortiums.

Bottom line is this, other bids will make the game more money. In order for them to be accepted as a bid, they will need to meet set criteria, making the vast majority of your well meaning waffle redundant.

Case closed, nite nite ball boys, all over. The rest is nothing but your UNINFORMED SUBJECTIVE OPINION or however you like to put it.

So waffle on about the Bears all day, nothing will ever, nor can ever change this simple fact. Perth and a SE QLD team make more strategic sense. If the people in charge opt for the CC, then I sure as eggs wouldnt want them running my business.

You're either a complete moron or you struggle with basic reading comprehension. My comments which you take out of context, are well, taken out of context and were responses not individual claims.

Adelaide? Well if you want to engage in straw men arguments, by all means. Simple fact is Adelaide is not relevant. They do not have a bid. Perth does, so do SE QLD consortiums.

Bottom line is this, other bids will make the game more money. In order for them to be accepted as a bid, they will need to meet set criteria, making the vast majority of your well meaning waffle redundant.

Case closed, nite nite ball boys, all over. The rest is nothing but your UNINFORMED SUBJECTIVE OPINION or however you like to put it.

So waffle on about the Bears all day, nothing will ever, nor can ever change this simple fact. Perth and a SE QLD team make more strategic sense. If the people in charge opt for the CC, then I sure as eggs wouldnt want them running my business.

Whilst other bids might make slightly more money via. TV revenue (even though there is no clear evidence that it will just speculation), at the end of the day the NRL will get it's revenue from many different avenues. Mobile subscriptions, radio, merchandise, crowds etc.. If the CCBears can prove that regardless of TV money, they can make as much if not more than other bids via these other avenues then this gap shrinks and like redandblack stated, it will come down to elements like community engagement, memberships, branding etc..

Bottom line is, you don't have the faintest clue just how or what each bid will use as their selling point and which selling point will prove to be fruitful. You're just guessing like everyone else is. So it basically means whatever you think is WAFFLE as you don't work for the NRL, aren't on the IC and have no connection with any of the current bids.

Atleast there are a few of us who know exactly whats going on with the CCBears bid and can therefore make theories/estimations based on the facts we have.

You on the other hand have no facts on any of the bids and due to that, can only downplay bids based on heresay. At the end of the day you like the rest of us are just an internet poster on an internet forum. There is nothing official or substantial in your opinions or views.

The Central Coast Bears bid, their fans and supporters and all the volunteers on the membership drives will continue to work hard so we can all reach our goal. There is nothing you or anyone else in here or any other forum can say to change that. We have a bid, it's a strong bid and it has strong support. Live with that.

bobmar28

Bench
Reconnecting with northern Sydney, population 750K, who have abandoned league with the absence of the Bears - its a major bid factor.

Every suburb can't have team. The north side should be represented by the Sea Eagles. Liverpool has no team so I follow a team in this region.
Besides, didn't you say that CC Bears were not another Sydney team?

Every suburb can't have team. The north side should be represented by the Sea Eagles. Liverpool has no team so I follow a team in this region.
Besides, didn't you say that CC Bears were not another Sydney team?

Exactly. But to call the Central Coast a suburb is like calling the Warrego Highway a street. Manly don't represent any of the North Sydney, Central Coast and barely any of the North Shore outside of Manly and Warringah. Thats the big problem. Considering how much of the population lives in that stretch, how much corporate dollars sit idle and the huge junior pool it's criminal that there isn't a team to represent this region.

Also once again, in case you missed it the first 50,000 times. Central Coast team, based on the CC, working from and out of the CC. However due to a little thing called the "Bears" brand, you might recognize it as a 100+ year old brand which used to represent the North Sydney region? The corporate heavies and sponsors who grew up supporting the Bears have thrown their support behind the Central Coast Bears. This is fact. Had they supported any other team, then we would have seen them do so in the last decade when the Bears werent around. But they didnt and have only come back to rugby league when the Florimo lead CCBears bid launched. This is again fact.

Beowulf

Juniors
How are you going to 'address it'? Maybe buy a giant bulldozer and move the central coast somewhere else?

The Bears will prove they add value to the TV deal and to TV advertisers. Add to that all the other positive points re the Bears and its a strong case.

bobmar28

Bench
I would like to see the CC Bears admitted. When a Sydney team falls over/merges. There is no way NSW should get an 11th team. If the CC Bears were the only option available I would vote for no expansion. Or if WA Reds are ready and SEQ is not I would go for Perth only and play the bye for a couple years.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I would like to see the CC Bears admitted. When a Sydney team falls over/merges. There is no way NSW should get an 11th team. If the CC Bears were the only option available I would vote for no expansion. Or if WA Reds are ready and SEQ is not I would go for Perth only and play the bye for a couple years.

If.

Given the current sydney teams are surviving on a shoestring now, i suspect their financial position will only be strengthened by the new media deals

Never sitting idle, there is news concerning more new sponsors, interstate membership drives and many more Central Coast focused community initiatives coming soon. Very exciting times for the Central Coast Bears bid and all their supporters coming up.

GO THE BEARS!!

rednblack

Juniors

This is a different argument from the recent ones about not being the BEST bid. This argument is simply a personal, juvenile "if I can't, then you can't either" attitude.

By this logic, you'd rather not see any extra dollars flowing into NRL coffers, which would filter through as a benefit to all clubs and all competitions. By saying that you'd not want a CC team in the NRL under any circumstance, is to say that you would not want to see the great benefits such a team would bring to all NRL clubs, including your's.

I personally believe that your club would welcome a CC team, along with the value it would add. They would happily receive the extra cash - I can't see them saying no to it.

lockyrulz

Juniors
Whilst other bids might make slightly more money via. TV revenue (even though there is no clear evidence that it will just speculation)
Slightly more? What are you basing that on? It isn't speculation it is informed market research that businesses base decisions on.
at the end of the day the NRL will get it's revenue from many different avenues. Mobile subscriptions, radio, merchandise, crowds etc.. If the CCBears can prove that regardless of TV money, they can make as much if not more than other bids via these other avenues then this gap shrinks and like redandblack stated, it will come down to elements like community engagement, memberships, branding etc..
And all this is based on 'speculation' that all the other bids wont do exactly the same, only with the added significant bonus to the TV rights deal.
Bottom line is, you don't have the faintest clue just how or what each bid will use as their selling point and which selling point will prove to be fruitful. You're just guessing like everyone else is. So it basically means whatever you think is WAFFLE as you don't work for the NRL, aren't on the IC and have no connection with any of the current bids.
I don't need to. Unless you are disputing the fact the other bids wont add more to the TV rights deal, and you seem to waver between 'its all speculation' and 'the Bears need to address it', then I have a valid point you have failed to counter.

You on the other hand have no facts on any of the bids and due to that, can only downplay bids based on heresay

So solid market research is now hearsay. I thought it was speculation? If you are going to make an idiot of yourself at least be consistent.
At the end of the day you like the rest of us are just an internet poster on an internet forum. There is nothing official or substantial in your opinions or views.
Oh so your not connected to the bids either, yet seem to think yourself qualified to announce the Bears bid is better. So we can logically just ignore all of your opinions and views too then?
The Central Coast Bears bid, their fans and supporters and all the volunteers on the membership drives will continue to work hard so we can all reach our goal. There is nothing you or anyone else in here or any other forum can say to change that. We have a bid, it's a strong bid and it has strong support. Live with that.
Work as hard as you like, wont make any difference. Just ask Michael Searle.

rednblack

Juniors
Slightly more? What are you basing that on? It isn't speculation it is informed market research that businesses base decisions on.
And all this is based on 'speculation' that all the other bids wont do exactly the same, only with the added significant bonus to the TV rights deal.
I don't need to. Unless you are disputing the fact the other bids wont add more to the TV rights deal, and you seem to waver between 'its all speculation' and 'the Bears need to address it', then I have a valid point you have failed to counter.

So solid market research is now hearsay. I thought it was speculation? If you are going to make an idiot of yourself at least be consistent.
Oh so your not connected to the bids either, yet seem to think yourself qualified to announce the Bears bid is better. So we can logically just ignore all of your opinions and views too then?

Can you quote anyone, including the NRL, as to the specifics of how much added value each respective bid would contribute? No, you can't, because it is, as yet, unknown! You seem to be suggesting that ANY other bid will be worth significantly more than one on the CC. How have you come to this conclusion? Where is your precious research that shows the multiple millions flowing to all teams - unless the CC are involved. I can tell you - it doesn't exist! Seems to me that you've based it entirely on conjecture and uninformed opinion. We don't know yet what ANY rights bidder will offer for our game. Who knows, Kerry Stokes might decide he's a bears fan from way back and offer to outbid 9 IF the CC is included. Or Lachlan might decide that since they've lost the V8's and cleared their programming of AFL, they might like to see the bears return and propose a bid accordingly. The fact is, you can't POSSIBLY know just how much added value ANY of the bids would contribute. You're guessing, along with the rest of us. As such, your claims that all other bids would add "significantly more" than a team on the central coast is fatally flawed. I haven't been making baseless claims that the bears bid will be worth x amount, because I don't know. My professional experience, though, says that while SOME bids MIGHT earn more for the NRL, nothing can convince me it will be "significantly more" as you so adamantly claim.

Now, as I said before, IF (still a BIG IF) another bid can match the CC in all other areas, the Bears bid team will have their hands full. Their argument would come down to a passionate one - you know, passion, the thing that we bears fans just don't have according to you. One that involves more than just a single lump sum figure that is the upcoming broadcast right deal. One that will argue the merits of a team on the central coast over other locations. This argument is not yet needed though, as the other bids don't yet stack up.

As it currently stands, the only thing most other contenders have going for them is location. You conveniently ignore this point because it doesn't suit your argument.

There will have to be astronomical gains in all other areas if any, let alone TWO potential bids are to surpass the CC bid.

rednblack

Juniors

And fyi, market research IS speculation. It helps one to form a "guess", based solely upon surveying a group of people, in exactly the same manner as a political poll. To claim otherwise is to openly embrace your ignorance.

And yes, any matter or issue that the bears (or any other) bid will be required to address is also subject to speculation, because the selection criteria for a new NRL license is, as yet, an unknown quantity.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Exactly, so once we cut through all the BS, the CC bid CANNOT stack up to the other options in regards to what is best for the sport.

There is nothing the CC bears can do that can make up the difference, forget it, it's ridiculous.

qft

* Tv value of each individual bid is speculation. Until all bids are submitted, stacked up against each other through each pro and con and furthermore evaluated by the IC thoroughly then it is speculation.

* Most bids have alot of work to do still and judging by Gallops "meat on their bones" comment, this work goes beyond speculating how much TV value they'll bring. That's just one of many areas which bids will look to make themselves strong in.

* Actually, my knowledge regarding the Central Coast Bears comes from years of supporting the bid. It comes from the facts which Ive been able to obtain in relation to certain areas/aspects of the bid. Close ties to volunteers, regular contact with bid members and determination to play my part in making a franchise license a reality.

We'll add media value through TV viewership, mobile subscriptions, our growing support base purchasing pay tv subscriptions, new sponsers brought to the game, big crowds, strong merchandise sales off the back of a strong brand, bringing a solid core of away fans to the existing NSW teams therefore enhancing their profits as well.

We'll be self sustainable via. our ownership and business model (info regarding this to be released soon), guaranteed funds already to build a state of the art sports complex bringing world class facilities to the CC and being operated as a business in itself, strong corporate links to the North Sydney (Australia's 3rd largest corporate sector).

It all looks rather good to be honest. I'm excited.

Bro Bear

Juniors
Never sitting idle, there is news concerning more new sponsors, interstate membership drives and many more Central Coast focused community initiatives coming soon. Very exciting times for the Central Coast Bears bid and all their supporters coming up.

GO THE BEARS!!

Great stuff keep up the good work.

Campion

Juniors
There any chance of dropping a current NSW team so that we can have the Bears, 2nd QLD team and WA Reds? That would be so perfect! It seems from what I read that the Bears have a much better situation than several current NSW teams, would be a shame that they can't get in because the NSW quota is full (when some of the teams in it clearly shouldn't be there)

Bro Bear

Juniors
There any chance of dropping a current NSW team so that we can have the Bears, 2nd QLD team and WA Reds? That would be so perfect! It seems from what I read that the Bears have a much better situation than several current NSW teams, would be a shame that they can't get in because the NSW quota is full (when some of the teams in it clearly shouldn't be there)

They would be the way to go. e.g. WA Sharks - WA can utilise the Cronulla Sutherland for its juniors as it will take donkey years before we see NRL players coming from the WA area on a regular timing. WA Sharks' Sydney games can still be played at Cronulla.

adamkungl

Immortal
Well, by definition existing clubs are in a better position because they actually have an NRL licence....why would WA want the Sharks when they are pretty much 99% guaranteed the first expansion spot on their own merits? It makes no sense.

bobmar28

Bench
This is a different argument from the recent ones about not being the BEST bid. This argument is simply a personal, juvenile "if I can't, then you can't either" attitude.

By this logic, you'd rather not see any extra dollars flowing into NRL coffers, which would filter through as a benefit to all clubs and all competitions. By saying that you'd not want a CC team in the NRL under any circumstance, is to say that you would not want to see the great benefits such a team would bring to all NRL clubs, including your's.

I personally believe that your club would welcome a CC team, along with the value it would add. They would happily receive the extra cash - I can't see them saying no to it.

Did you read the first sentence in my post? I would like to see the CC Bears get a franchise. There is no way I would want to see an 11th NSW team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.