What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears release new logo, aiming for 2012 inclusion

Cloud9

Pretty sure they already do that with the kids mascot thing.

mascot_group.jpg

I don't get the cowsboys mascot, looks like a mutt.

KHunt

Juniors
Best news I've heard all year. Will it be a new club or will the North Sydney Bears club still exist?

RufusRex

Post Whore
why bother ... the most likely candidate for the Central Coast is a reloaction not a new franchise.

Cloud9

It would have been good if indigenous fauna was incorporated in the logo instead of importing them from overseas. Central coast stingrays, stonefish, seagulls, brown snake, funnel webs, blue rings, would have all been appropriate.

Cloud9

why bother ... the most likely candidate for the Central Coast is a reloaction not a new franchise.

A relocation would bring baggage that the local supporter base would not necessarily accept. They would see it as tainted goods and not product that was derived from their area.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yeah, because living in Townsville you would know about Central Coast indigenous fauna.

Stingrays don't proliferate our waters, stonefish are not common, brown snakes are pretty much confined to the reptile park in Somersby... do you actually know what you're talking about?

Something like Waves or Oysters or something, something water based definitely, but not what you've said.

And Seagulls, while being native to the area for sure, has already been done...

Cloud9

I see where they're coming from. If the the whole of the americas is used as an analogy for the east coast of Australia, then it might work, hence we liken Melbourne to Mexico, the Murray river as the border and the central coast as North America.

adamkungl

Immortal
Happy to hear it. After reading the Cherrington story this brought a smile to my face.

CC and Perth for 2012!

Loudstrat

Coach
Clod 9, more evidence of you naving NFI. You live in Townsville - your local side aren't the Drovers, they are the Americaised Cowboys.

You are just having a go at getting another NSW team, when you want them all wiped of the face of the earth.

sass

Juniors
The storm is universal as opposed to a brown bear which is specific to north america.

the storm is also a singular noun which pisses me off a thousand times more than a 'bear'. BAH. HOW CAN THEY ALL BE ONE STORM BUT CALL THEMSELVES 'STORMERS'? it annoys me far more than it should.

meanwhile wheeeee bears! I will be so so happy if they're back. and if they do get back then it totally proves my theory that no one can argue with greg florimo.

Red Bear

Referee
North sydney became the Bears in 1959 i believe it was, due to sponsorship from the 'big bear' supermarkets. Popular name and it should stick.

The logo, a tad cartoonish maybe but we are setting some wheels in motion at least. Hopefully we dont just go around in circles.

Cloud9

Clod 9, more evidence of you naving NFI. You live in Townsville - your local side aren't the Drovers, they are the Americaised Cowboys.

You are just having a go at getting another NSW team, when you want them all wiped of the face of the earth.

This is a slur and an untruth i cannot continue to let pass.
If you have any idea, a lot of my posts are tongue and cheek, laden with sarcasm.
My signature does not suggest in any way my wish for Sydney clubs to die but rather it explains why Melbourne are a target by Sydney clubs who through misinformation by the Sydney media continue to cast aspersions on our club which only has good intentions of spreading the NRL message to new territories.

I request you withdraw your remark an make an unfettered apology to all Melbourne fans who only have good intentions for the game of rugby league

It is you Loudmouth who have NFI.

Jason Maher

Immortal
It is nothing other than justice for both Norths fans and Central Coast fans if this happens. The Central Coast deserve their own team, and Norths were screwed six ways to Sunday by both the NRL and Manly. If we need to cut a team to get down to 16, then I think there is a good suggestion. Let them go have their bitch fights in their own sandpit and let the rest of us get on with life and Rugby League.

In-goal

Bench
It would have been good if indigenous fauna was incorporated in the logo instead of importing them from overseas. Central coast stingrays, stonefish, seagulls, brown snake, funnel webs, blue rings, would have all been appropriate.

To P.C. going with the indigenous theme, I don't think Australia has to keep looking over it's shoulder to insure a certain race of people are kept happy, otherwise we may aswell ask the Americans to hand themselves back to the Indians