What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears release new logo, aiming for 2012 inclusion

adamkungl

Immortal
To P.C. going with the indigenous theme, I don't think Australia has to keep looking over it's shoulder to insure a certain race of people are kept happy, otherwise we may aswell ask the Americans to hand themselves back to the Indians

Worst. Post. Ever.

You have no clue what indigenous fauna is do you?

heres a hint, it has nothing to do with Aboriginal people...

Azkatro

First Grade
the storm is also a singular noun which pisses me off a thousand times more than a 'bear'. BAH. HOW CAN THEY ALL BE ONE STORM BUT CALL THEMSELVES 'STORMERS'? it annoys me far more than it should.

meanwhile wheeeee bears! I will be so so happy if they're back. and if they do get back then it totally proves my theory that no one can argue with greg florimo.
A singular noun is still one step better than a verb (case in point: Queensland Roar). What is Craig Moore supposed to say? "I'm a Queensland Roar...ing person."

fatshark

Bench
A relocation would bring baggage that the local supporter base would not necessarily accept. They would see it as tainted goods and not product that was derived from their area.
So what makes the Bears so different???
"The Central Coast needs its own team … a team that trains and plays in the region, that locals can feel 100 per cent connected to." Clyde said the North Sydney Bears were a team synonymous with the game itself
hypocrytical

A singular noun is still one step better than a verb (case in point: Queensland Roar). What is Craig Moore supposed to say? "I'm a Queensland Roar...ing person."

its the worst name in australian sport i reckon.

"im a mariner"

"im a jet"

"im a roar. I roar? Go Roar."

mightybears

Bench
Mightybears, do you like the logo? (Wondering the opinion from a strong Bears supporter)

Yeah, i prefer round logos. Its red and black, the bear is not the 70's wombat but more the 'trent nathan era grizzly' and it gives prominence to the Central Coast as it should.

mightybears

Bench
its the worst name in australian sport i reckon.

"im a mariner"

"im a jet"

"im a roar. I roar? Go Roar."

the good people of the old Brisbane Hollandia/Brisbane Lions weren't going to go for anything else though, after they 'sold' the Brisbane Lions name to the AFL for an absolute sh*tload.

joshreading

Staff member
I think the logo is pretty average actually. The Bear could be better.

HOWEVER - that said if they can get the right support then do it BUT it should be in a FAR wider strategic expansion push.

- Southern Sharks - mainly Cronulla but playing atleast 4 Adelaide games
- Western Panthers? - 4/5 games out of Perth? - I would rather see the Reds but maybe their only option. I am think Panthers are the sort of team that other NRL supporters in Perth (aside from Eels fans) could easily pick up. (similar arrangement to Sharks - not simply Panthers home games but other teams should be encouraged to move a game if possible)

The NRL should really support this sort of option as it helps expansion as well as consolidation in Sydney.

- CC Bears
- Southern Orcas

- SQ
- PNG or Pacific - outside chance but just maybe?

That would cover nearly every base, now just to restructure to create a strong national credible second teir.

Last edited:
- Southern Sharks - mainly Cronulla but playing atleast 4 Adelaide games

4 games?

interesting.

be a massive advantage if you played the Broncs, Titans, NQ and Warriors theer.

extra travel. plus we would get guaranteed money in games where a good crowd isn't certain.

last year we got 13k to the broncos and 8k against the Titans and Cowboys (admittedly poor weather)

still. something to consider.

Blind Freddy

Juniors
This is all great news. But obviously not a scandalous/tabloid junk story for the News LTD papers to report on because it's a positive story for the sport.

Last edited:

Kiki

First Grade
i think this is fantastic. my brother and father were massive Bears fans and were absolutely devo when they went bust.

anyone being negative in this thread should give themselves an uppercut. that is all.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
the good people of the old Brisbane Hollandia/Brisbane Lions weren't going to go for anything else though, after they 'sold' the Brisbane Lions name to the AFL for an absolute sh*tload.

It's actually the Queensland Lions, they sold the right to use the Lions name for a pro sports team in Brisbane. I think. :?

Loudstrat

Coach
Knew you'd turn up you NSW hating whinger.

Got the coach
Got the ground
Got the logo
Got the history

Reds past level 1 yet?

Latest posts