What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears release new logo, aiming for 2012 inclusion

Hell, if the Bears got a club, I'd be a Rooster, but god they might force me to put in a soft spot for them. :lol:
I would love to see them in, c'mon NRL!

macavity

Referee
Noddy and Luke Burt I think - maybe they are Newy juniors.

Noddy is Lakes United (Belmont) and Luke Burt is Valentine.

as Newy as they come.

Burt signed with parra as a 14yo and deservedly got kicked out of the Valentine club :cool:

on topic - so-so crowd today, and it didnt seem that many (far less than half) were locals.

mave

Coach
You would have thought that with the CC apparently screaming for NRL representation, the locals would have been falling over themselves to see some top flight NRL on their doorstep.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
on topic - so-so crowd today, and it didnt seem that many (far less than half) were locals.

You would have thought that with the CC apparently screaming for NRL representation, the locals would have been falling over themselves to see some top flight NRL on their doorstep.

What a load of rubbish.

15,227 @ Bluetongue is around 4,000 more than the Central Coast Mariners average home crowd for season 2008/09.

Evidence, in my book (especially given a distinct lack of promotion), that the area wants League.

I will concede that Roosters/Storm, Bulldogs/Storm and Roosters/Titans games through May and July will be testing ones.

macavity

Referee
Almost Newy jnrs.. Lake Mac :)

Lake Mac is more Newy than Newy is.... :cool:

and Timmah, 15k, 10k or so of which came from Newy or Shytney, is not that fantastic any which way you dice it.

the gypos get 9k against perth, adelaide and wellington, who bring 100 fans between them....

notwithstanding all the other good arguments against, you yourself are the rock-solid argument for why the CC shouldn't get a team. "proudly central coast" - and wouldn't support a CC NRL team. says it all.

Timmah

Staff member
Wouldn't support a CC NRL team?

:? The Bulldogs would always be my first team but if an NRL team moved here, I'd be a member as well, when I have ever said otherwise?

macavity

Referee
Wouldn't support a CC NRL team?

:? The Bulldogs would always be my first team but if an NRL team moved here, I'd be a member as well, when I have ever said otherwise?

just what a new club needs - to be the locals' second side....

Timmah

Staff member
Using the most recent season as an example, CCM's crowds v Sydney and Newcastle:

CCM v SYD, Round 2: 10,932
CCM v NUJ, Round 9: 10,710
CCM v SYD, Round 15: 11,220

I love the Mariners, don't get me wrong - but the Coast clearly loves it's league and needs a team. Your arguments seem to come from a very territorial place, like many Newcastle fans, you're opposed to another team so close to you. Which is fair enough too, because it has potential to weaken your supporter base - many Coasties go for the Knights "because they're the closest team".

macavity

Referee
Your arguments seem to come from a very territorial place, like many Newcastle fans, you're opposed to another team so close to you. Which is fair enough too, because it has potential to weaken your supporter base - many Coasties go for the Knights "because they're the closest team".

my arguments come from a place that I dont want another financial basket-case team..... just like my team - and yes, I don't want my team to become even more of a basket case by having a slice of our territory carved off.

I think they Bears were dudded - and will always have a soft spot for them - but expansion to an area with little corporate support, where the team will be the locals' second team... scares the hell out of me.