What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears release new logo, aiming for 2012 inclusion

Cloud9

Shame about the red nose. The bear must have a cold. Hope its has its flu shot before winter.

I had a bit of time up my hands and looked up the lyrics to Rudolph the Red Nose Brown Bear and what struck me was how fortelling it was, it's uncanny. The club's mascot and club song has been sealed.

Rudolph the Red-Nosed brown bear
Had a very shiny nose,
And if you ever saw it,
You would even say it glows.
All of the other mascots
Used to laugh and call him names;
They never let poor Rudolph
Join in any NRL games.

Then one foggy weekend,
Gallop came to say,
Rudolph with your nose so bright,
Won't you guide my organisation tonight?

Then how the brown bear loved him
As they shouted out with glee,
Rudolph the Red-Nosed brown bear,
You'll go down in history.

Knightmare

Coach
yep, we could have told you to f**k off and watched you go under.......and i repeat, if we "fleeced" 8 milllion the Bears would still have us in court.....instead of just meekly rolling over

Do you really think if Manly were financially well off enough (at the time) to stand on their own they would have offered to merge with the Bears and relocate half their games to Gosford? As if!

Iafeta

Referee
Good to see the first step made.

I'm sure when the NRL Board sits next they will be mightily impressed that a team has gone to the trouble of opening up MS Paint and designing a logo. They're a shoe-in for 2012 now. That's made all the difference.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Do you really think if Manly were financially well off enough (at the time) to stand on their own they would have offered to merge with the Bears and relocate half their games to Gosford? As if!

This is one of the great points that proves how really stupid Manly supporters are.

Here's Manly -with a sordid history of hurting other clubs etc to get ahead - suddenly becoming the "saviour" of the Bears. :lol:

You poor Manly inbreds should be happy that, with Arko at the ARL and News Limited wanting a cull, somehow a Bears with $12 million+ is put into administration and a broke Manly ends up with the $12 million, $8 million+ from News Limited, Gosford and then the licence.

But, despite all the facts, Manly idiots still think they were the great white knights saving the Bears! What absolute morons! :crazy::lol:

And - the director at Norths, who had been ther 2 weeks, recommended administration then became the head of the Northern Eagles AND Manly!

You Manly morons should celebrate that you're still alive - but at least learn what happened, you idiots.

Shorty

Staff member
Good to see the first step made.

I'm sure when the NRL Board sits next they will be mightily impressed that a team has gone to the trouble of opening up MS Paint and designing a logo. They're a shoe-in for 2012 now. That's made all the difference.
LOL.
The logo looks a little cheap and nasty - Reds definitely impressed more with me.

I support the Bears being re-admitted into the comp - But hopefully giving way to an 18 comp with Perth.
Gallop is a conservative CEO so if pressed for one it'll be the Bears where a fanbase has strong appeal and the area is fairly affluent.

Perth and Adelaide need to be considered though, especially Perth.
I get the feeling that Bears supporters and even some NRL fans in general think the Bears are more deserving or have the right to get the next expansion team more than Perth.

Fact is Perth has been working hard on it's plans for almost 3 years.
And it's a team outside of NSW in AFL heartland with a fanbase wanting to see a RL team successful.
Hopefully both can come in.

HHH

Juniors
i think it would be great to have the bears back in the comp
one of the problems with expansion teams is they rarely draw an away crowd (except broncos)to any sydney games.having th bears back would help other sydney clubs because they'de still have plenty of fans would support them when they are playin in sydney
i know due to tv we will need and team an a perth team will be a perfect fit either a live 9:30 match on friday or saturday and a live sunday match at 4pm.
the NRL needs to be proactive now, in a few years time we wont have this global credit crap lurking around and hopefully the economy will be on the rise, so having 2 teams ready to turn out then will be perfect(hopefully)

beave

Coach
would be awesome to have the Bears back in, but that logo is f#$king terrible. It looks like a bear with the flu that is about to sneeze, surely that chick could have come up with something better than that.

Red Bear

Referee
LOL.
The logo looks a little cheap and nasty - Reds definitely impressed more with me.

I support the Bears being re-admitted into the comp - But hopefully giving way to an 18 comp with Perth.
Gallop is a conservative CEO so if pressed for one it'll be the Bears where a fanbase has strong appeal and the area is fairly affluent.

Perth and Adelaide need to be considered though, especially Perth.
I get the feeling that Bears supporters and even some NRL fans in general think the Bears are more deserving or have the right to get the next expansion team more than Perth.

Fact is Perth has been working hard on it's plans for almost 3 years.
And it's a team outside of NSW in AFL heartland with a fanbase wanting to see a RL team successful.
Hopefully both can come in.
We've been working non-stop since about 2003, haing bids rejected in 04 and 05 and continually working since then.

This is one of the great points that proves how really stupid Manly supporters are.

Here's Manly -with a sordid history of hurting other clubs etc to get ahead - suddenly becoming the "saviour" of the Bears. :lol:

You poor Manly inbreds should be happy that, with Arko at the ARL and News Limited wanting a cull, somehow a Bears with $12 million+ is put into administration and a broke Manly ends up with the $12 million, $8 million+ from News Limited, Gosford and then the licence.

But, despite all the facts, Manly idiots still think they were the great white knights saving the Bears! What absolute morons! :crazy::lol:

And - the director at Norths, who had been ther 2 weeks, recommended administration then became the head of the Northern Eagles AND Manly!

You Manly morons should celebrate that you're still alive - but at least learn what happened, you idiots.

knightmare and ronnie......FMD, where have i said that Manly were financially well off, i knew we were almost broke.........but my argument is that people are saying that we conned millions out of the bears, as i keep saying if this were true, dont you think the bears would still be dragging us through the courts to get their money back

and as for us helping the bears, i stand by my argument we could have taken the 8 million gone to gosford and told you guys to f**k off and die

if we had 20 million dollars sitting in the bank......how come we were 48 hours from shutting up shop, until Max Delmege stepped in

below is a cut and past directly from northsydneybears.com.au http://www.northsydneybears.com.au/Bears Den/News/Reports/20081206-bears-deserve-revival.htm

as it says directly from the bears website the bears were trying to survive during the super league war at all costs
they decided to move to the central coast and went broke before this could happen

after they were broke they then joined with the Sea Eagles.......knightmare and Ronnie read that again.....after they were broke

For those of you just joining the program, the North Sydney Bears went broke years ago courtesy of an ill-fated campaign to survive at all costs during the Super League war. At the time, an unsustainable wage structure was hurting all in the game. Clubs were also being threatened with expulsion if they could not satisfy certain criteria which were formulated specifically to reduce the number of teams to a more pay-TV friendly cost structure in the late 1990s.
The Bears bit the bullet and decided to move their operation to the Central Coast. Weather and finance conspired against them and they went broke before they could realise their dream.
They must shake their heads at the thought that within a short period of their painful demise, other clubs were back playing in the NRL with less than secure financial models and at venues well short of the criteria set down in the initial evaluations.
They were then forced into an unhappy marriage with the Manly club, which also had the backside out of its trousers. The Northern Eagles captured nobody's imagination and bumbled along the inevitable path to failure."

ronnie as you said you should learn your history.......idiot

Simo

First Grade
I think a more realistic timeframe is maybe 2015, maybe make the official announcement in 2010-12.

I dont think with the financial crisis, clubs on the brink trying to reestablish themselves due to the pokie tax that the NRL will chuck in 2 more teams.

I like the idea of the bears coming back, same with Perth but realistically I think with the current financial issues affecting most clubs that 2012 is a fraction early to go to 18 teams.

LESStar58

Referee
Umm not too sure on the logo, I thought they could have had a little NS 1908 etc on the logo....

Good call. I remember Balmain had "Balmain 1908" on their logo when they were the Sydney Tigers in 95-97 or thereabouts.

Aside from that the logo is an improvement on the old North Sydney one.

LESStar58

Referee
Lopez did not want to disclose the identity of the parties he intended to approach but he confirmed that multi-millionaire businessman John Singleton would be one.

Singo has said he will support them as a fan if they get in but won't back them financially. Was in this weeks RLW.

mightybears

Bench
Manly passed the so called 'criteria' all by themselves, they took the merger option, because they were on the brink, and needed the money help to get by in the short term, call it pre Maxie money.

Nuke

Staff member
The Bulldogs are changing their logo next year? How do you know this?

I know someone who has been asked to design it. I believe that at least one other person has also been asked, and basically, the better logo wins. The dog isn't to look vicious (has to be 'family friendly' ... no razor sharp teeth), but is to look confident / smug. I think it is also to be on a shield-shaped background (think St.George-Illawarra's logo as an example ... or the old-style shield like the old Berries logo) as it's the club's 75th anniversary next season. But I'm not 100% sure about the shield bit being a request or a required thing.

Loudstrat

Coach
Well, one thing is certain. Despite the fluff from many fans here at times, here is only ONE club that is anywhere near showing interest in the code. The bears.

DEspite all the crap from NSW haters - the fact remains that they will just be sideline whingers unless their areas actually do something about it. CC are rolling this out perfectly - building momentum continually until the thing will be self generating. The NRL is under pressure now to include them in future plans.

GO THE MIGHTY BEARS!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts