What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears release new logo, aiming for 2012 inclusion

MayMoo

Juniors
hahahaha!!!!!, if we fleeced 8 million out of you how come we were were almost broke.
if we had your phantom 8 million,dont you think we would have been better off financially and the dead bears would have taken us to court for their phantom 8 million......take your own advice and dont rewrite history

It was the 8mil from the NRL tool.

I can't get you there, the IQ base is just too low.

It was the 8mil from the NRL tool.

I can't get you there, the IQ base is just too low.

ok, fair enough.....but my original argument still stands, if we fleeced 8 million, to use your words......dont you think the dead bears would still have us in court, instead of throwing out crumbs every few years to keep cockheads like you hanging on.....FMD use your nut, we helped you guys out because you were broke, and you tried to knife us at every turn.......if you bunch of morons had gotten control of the licence, like you were trying to do, you cant tell me you would not have kicked Manly in the nuts

i really hope there is eventually a team on the central coast.......but not you cockheads

MayMoo

Juniors
ok, fair enough.....but my original argument still stands, if we fleeced 8 million, to use your words......dont you think the dead bears would still have us in court, instead of throwing out crumbs every few years to keep cockheads like you hanging on.....FMD use your nut, we helped you guys out because you were broke, and you tried to knife us at every turn.......if you bunch of morons had gotten control of the licence, like you were trying to do, you cant tell me you would not have kicked Manly in the nuts

i really hope there is eventually a team on the central coast.......but not you cockheads

You helped us out ?

I repeat:

You postured in a maroon and white jumpsuit with a red and black pinstripe on the socks for a couple of years, and called yourself the Northern Eagles, whilst always intending to dissolve the so called merger and take the money and run back to Brookvale.

You have been sniffing diesel again.

You helped us out ?

I repeat:

You postured in a maroon and white jumpsuit with a red and black pinstripe on the socks for a couple of years, and called yourself the Northern Eagles, whilst always intending to dissolve the so called merger and take the money and run back to Brookvale.

You have been sniffing diesel again.

yep, we could have told you to f**k off and watched you go under.......and i repeat, if we "fleeced" 8 milllion the Bears would still have us in court.....instead of just meekly rolling over

RedVee

First Grade
Good luck to the Central Coast Bears, they did what the game wanted and STILL got royally F****ed over!

Sunshine Coast, Perth & Wellington NZ would all be ahead of Adelaide at my guess - unless some seafood orientated Club would like a seachange.

Loudstrat

Coach
yep, we could have told you to f**k off and watched you go under.......and i repeat, if we "fleeced" 8 milllion the Bears would still have us in court.....instead of just meekly rolling over
You did. I remember Arko saying "Get Stuffed".

Must be hard to think when you are playing banjo.

As for Brycey - dumb arrogant f*cktard if ever there was one. Better to stick a side in outback Queensland rather than in a population crying out for a side. In fact, the ONLY population crying out for a side and doing anything about it.

re the highlighted part of my post, i would like to retract this statement, as much as i hate the dead bears, i feel sorry for you guys, losing your team, i know how i felt, when Manly almost went out the door

also if you get back in, it will be an easy 2 points for Manly.....it is going to be great being able to smash you guys all over the park again

You did. I remember Arko saying "Get Stuffed".

Must be hard to think when you are playing banjo.

As for Brycey - dumb arrogant f*cktard if ever there was one. Better to stick a side in outback Queensland rather than in a population crying out for a side. In fact, the ONLY population crying out for a side and doing anything about it.

and yet we still merged.....rather than watching them die......shows how much integrity Manly has

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
and yet we still merged.....rather than watching them die......shows how much integrity Manly has

Listen, moron. You should learn your own history. Just because Guzzle-guts Peter Peters told you the "facts" after 50 schooners and 30 pies doesnt make it true.

You should appreciate the fact that you are alive. You got millions from the NRL, $12 million from The Bears, Gosford Stadium and the NRL liecence in the biggest fix ever perpetrated when you were flat broke.

The current troubles at your club mean not only will the CC Bears return, they may well take your NRL licence which is morally ours anyway.

Lycon79

Juniors
Have the bears had any interest from any current players to play for them in 2012 if the get in.

God-King Dean

Immortal
It's funny how annoyed people get with change. Of course they should update the logo, it's a new team, & they are still honouring their history with the bear.

KHunt

Juniors
Will it be an entirely new team or will the North Sydney Bears be back in a different location and name? So Bears 1908-1999, 2012-?

God-King Dean

Immortal
This is more like it.

killerteddy2.jpg

Scarves

Juniors
The Bears remind me a little of the late fabled law clerk Brian Alexander, whinge whinge, spend lots of cash, get intoxicated with a fleeting decade of success, gamble plenty on an empty ill thought dream, bite off more than they can chew, get on board the HMAS Northern Eagles for a final party in the hope of keeping a nightmare alive with long time rivals. Then get tied to the Early Kooka stove and sinking into oblivion.

So often the Bears are portrayed as victims of a gangster in Manly or the evil NRL, however poor internal decisions were made throughout the 1990's that contributed heavily to the Bears terrible demise. If Manly let go of the rope after the NRL tied Norths to the Kooka Stove, well it's only because we at Manly didn't want to sink into the deep blue with you. No club fan would apologise for that.

Alternatively, As a Manly supporter and League fan I do miss the Sea Eagle v Bears clashes and if there is a Team Bears return, I hope they play their home matches against Manly at the Old North Sydney Oval in front of a packed house of rabid Red & Black and some under seige but vocal Maroon - those moments are the ones I treasure. We usually broke your hearts. ;)

So good luck Bears, I hope the Central Coast are next cab off the rank for inclusion into the NRL.

girvie

Staff member
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25240310-23214,00.html

Central Coast Bears to lobby TV networks for NRL inclusion

By John Marsh
March 25, 2009 Central Coast Bears officials will lobby television networks in a bid to convince them the NRL must have 18 teams in 2012.
The North Sydney-aligned venture seeking entry to the premiership, unveiled its logo and colours at the weekend as it bids to take advantage of the publicity surrounding Sunday's South Sydney-Newcastle game at BlueTongue Stadium.

Bears chief executive Greg Florimo has revealed more detail, saying "it depends on the NRL but we believe 2012 is a reasonable date".

As the Bears' steering committee finalised its pitch document for an NRL return, it has emerged that:

• The new club would play one or two games a season at North Sydney Oval;
• A figure of $15 million in equity is the aim before a ball is kicked;
• The business plan shows the Bears making a profit after just two seasons, without any special funding from the league;
• North Sydney people currently on the steering committee will give up their places to Central Coast-based officials;
• That the consortium is willing to deal with any Sydney team interested in relocating to Gosford.

Florimo confirmed that in his last meeting with David Gallop that the NRL chief executive said there would be no expansion in the foreseeable future.

"We don't want to deathride any other team. We believe the NRL should go to 18 teams," Florimo said.

"We'd like to think we're next in line. There is a new broadcasting deal up for negotiation in 2012 and it's a matter of convincing the broadcasters that 18 teams is the way to go.

"We haven't spoken to them yet but we plan to make contact with them shortly."

"Gallop appreciated our desire to come back but when we spoke before Christmas was still of the view there would be no expansion."

The Bears finalised their bid at a board meeting last Thursday.
AAP