What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears release new logo, aiming for 2012 inclusion

meltiger

First Grade
No doubt we'll hear plenty of Tigpie & Illasox fans have a dig about mergers and such with the comp going to 17 or 18 teams.

Why? The 4 clubs all agreed to merge prior to 99's criteria being handed down, and certainly for 3 of the clubs, going alone would be financially difficult. St George being the exception.

Most old fans of the clubs have completely embraced the JV arrangements, and there are only a few of us left who have some minor issues with the setup.

Personally, as someone you know has not completely embraced the WT JV, My only real issue with a "CC Bears" outfit is that I still have some minor issues with the Sth Coast not being good enough to have a stand alone outfit, yet the CC is?

Short of that, I fail to see why anyone would not embrace this side if given admission, as long as it doesn't harm more important expansion - Brisbane/Perth/2nd NZ etc

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
besides a few people on here saying that the cc is screaming out for a team...where is the proof?

When GC campaigned, they were getting 18-19k to TRIAL games with two Sydney clubs.

They had thousands of people turn up to campaign for a team in their promo video.

If CC was in such dire need of a team why isnt this happening. Why arent the NRL games they get sell outs, they get Sydney teams which are close to them and NRL games, GC sold out trials with teams 1000km away.

So tell me, how the hell is CC so desperate for a team

Brycey

Firstly, Easts are still in the comp because Politis is the new Arko. You have zero juniors and ordinary performance for years despite your money and influence. You are the Manly of the noughties. If there was a fair criteria, you would rank around 13th.

The CC and Bears have been hammering away at the NRL for 10 years. Promises by the NRL for a CC Bears were breached. We were victims of a crude arrangemnt when teams needed to be culled in 1999.

The CC Bears is the most obvious next inclusion in the NRL from ALL perspectives. We don't have a Politis or Arko to grease palms and get the "right" decision. But - eventually, the obvious should happen.

Otherwise, rugby league will be correctly viewed as equal in integrity with the NSW Government.

sting

Bench
No doubt we'll hear plenty of Tigpie & Illasox fans have a dig about mergers and such with the comp going to 17 or 18 teams.

haha wow not one actaully....

and illasox, what kind of lame term is that?

f**k me, what a fail of a post.

Bluebags1908

Juniors
besides a few people on here saying that the cc is screaming out for a team...where is the proof?

When GC campaigned, they were getting 18-19k to TRIAL games with two Sydney clubs.

They had thousands of people turn up to campaign for a team in their promo video.

If CC was in such dire need of a team why isnt this happening. Why arent the NRL games they get sell outs, they get Sydney teams which are close to them and NRL games, GC sold out trials with teams 1000km away.

So tell me, how the hell is CC so desperate for a team

So going by your flawed logic, Perth and Adelaide will never get a team because they fail to fill Members Equity and Hindmarsh Stadium.

And besides, you don't live on the Central Coast so how would you know?

mightybears

Bench
The decision to move to Gosford was authorised by a majority of NSDRLFC members in December 1997.
We paid for some and convinced various levels of government to pay for the rest of the new Grahame Park/Express Advocate/Blue Tongue Stadium.
We were, are, and remain the only Sydney based football team that committed to moving out of Sydney.
We did so during our most successful decade, to an area we had sweep for junior talent systematically for more than a decade, highest profile examples being Fairleigh, O'Meley and Orford [who played every level from Mats to Reserves at the NSO].
We made the mistake of not getting the verbal [move to the CC, forget the criteria] in writing.
The CC is prime league territory, the only major 100% rock solid rugby league market outside SEQueensland in this country.
Its the obvious, emotional re-connect for people like me, and thousands of others who haven't touched NRL since the great disaster.

Last edited:

Brycey

Juniors
So going by your flawed logic, Perth and Adelaide will never get a team because they fail to fill Members Equity and Hindmarsh Stadium.

And besides, you don't live on the Central Coast so how would you know?
Lived in Newcasle for 12 years and visited the area often, I know enough sunshine ;)

And regarding Adelaide and Perth, they don't have ten teams within a maximum of 2 hours driving distance. NSW does not need or deserve another team.

I'd rather have 12k average crowds turning up in Adelaide and Perth than another mediocre Sydney-centric crowdbase.

Its all about sharing the RL, and Adelaide and Perth have no options. CC does, the only team they should get is a relocated one, if they were that desparate for a team as you all go on about then that would be good enough for the people of the CC.

Beggars cant be choosers.

adamkungl

Immortal
Brycey

Firstly, Easts are still in the comp because Politis is the new Arko. You have zero juniors and ordinary performance for years despite your money and influence. You are the Manly of the noughties. If there was a fair criteria, you would rank around 13th.

The CC and Bears have been hammering away at the NRL for 10 years. Promises by the NRL for a CC Bears were breached. We were victims of a crude arrangemnt when teams needed to be culled in 1999.

The CC Bears is the most obvious next inclusion in the NRL from ALL perspectives. We don't have a Politis or Arko to grease palms and get the "right" decision. But - eventually, the obvious should happen.

Otherwise, rugby league will be correctly viewed as equal in integrity with the NSW Government.

Clown. Our memberships and crowds are mid level for a Sydney club, secure finances, on field success, and we have the best stadium in NSW.
You are dribbling, as always. Go play in traffic.

Bluebags1908

Juniors
Lived in Newcasle for 12 years and visited the area often, I know enough sunshine

And regarding Adelaide and Perth, they don't have ten teams within a maximum of 2 hours driving distance. NSW does not need or deserve another team.

I'd rather have 12k average crowds turning up in Adelaide and Perth than another mediocre Sydney-centric crowdbase.

Its all about sharing the RL, and Adelaide and Perth have no options. CC does, the only team they should get is a relocated one, if they were that desparate for a team as you all go on about then that would be good enough for the people of the CC.

Beggars cant be choosers.

So you claim to have "Lived in Newcasle for 12 years and visited the area often" ..... stiff sh!t. You haven't lived there recently by the sounds of it and Newcastle isn't the Central Coast anyway.

You know f**k all buddy. If you are applying your 'filling the stadiums criteria' evenly and equally regardless of geography, then the fact still remains - Adelaide and Perth don't get a franchise.

And how's this for an idea - if you want to apply 'criteria', then why don't we kick your beloved Roosters out of the comp because they have bugger all juniors and introduce the Central Coast Bears? The Bears are far more deserving.

The fact that The Central Coast Bears is a NSW team is irrelevant.

And for someone that says he used to live in Newcastle, I suggest you go and buy a map, because last time I looked THE CENTRAL COAST IS NOT IN SYDNEY.

I'm all for Adelaide and Perth coming into the comp as well, but if you compare the criteria based purely on the facts availabe and what a team brings to the game, the Central Coast Bears must be in. Only someone with a hate NSW agenda won't be able to see that.

Last edited:
That logo is absolute wank.

What is wrong with their current one?

Reminds of when Canterbury for no apparent reason changed their logo from a Bulldog to a squinting cat.

Brycey

Juniors
So you claim to have "Lived in Newcasle for 12 years and visited the area often" ..... stiff sh!t. You haven't lived there recently by the sounds of it and Newcastle isn't the Central Coast anyway.

You know f**k all buddy. If you are applying your 'filling the stadiums criteria' evenly and equally regardless of geography, then the fact still remains - Adelaide and Perth don't get a franchise.

And how's this for an idea - if you want to apply 'criteria', then why don't we kick your beloved Roosters out of the comp because they have bugger all juniors and introduce the Central Coast Bears? The Bears are far more deserving.

The fact that The Central Coast Bears is a NSW team is irrelevant.

And for someone that says he used to live in Newcastle, I suggest you go and buy a map, because last time I looked THE CENTRAL COAST IS NOT IN SYDNEY.

I'm all for Adelaide and Perth coming into the comp as well, but if you compare the criteria based purely on the facts availabe and what a team brings to the game, the Central Coast Bears must be in. Only someone with a hate NSW agenda won't be able to see that.
I suggest you learn to read, I never said it was in Sydney...I said it was Sydney-centric. And being a freaking 45min train trip to Sydney it surely is.

And I love the basis of your criteria...juniors are the entire justification for having a team.

Tell me one team that relies heavily on juniors, piss weak argument.

Lets ignore the fact that the Roosters have the corporate $$$, solid attendances and have a widespread fanbase that attracts ratings, yes its juniors that will seal our fate you fkn genius.

Fact of the matter is that NSW is relevant to the whole expansion plan. It has enough teams, Timmah is able to take the train down and watch his team play on a weekly basis. Can we say that about the people of Adelaide, Perth, Wellington, Sunshine Coast?

The list goes on and on, stop hiding behind your whole anti-NSW argument and see that the game needs to attract new fans, not a bunch of people in gods waiting room aka the CC.

If CC wants a team then get a relocated one. Money is better spent in other areas, but you would never know what its like to not be able to have top grade league within driving distance, youre just another Sydney centric f**kwit

adamkungl

Immortal
If CC wants a team then get a relocated one. Money is better spent in other areas, but you would never know what its like to not be able to have top grade league within driving distance, youre just another Sydney centric f**kwit

If it means that much to you move somewhere sensible...

Bluebags1908

Juniors
I suggest you learn to read, I never said it was in Sydney...I said it was Sydney-centric. And being a freaking 45min train trip to Sydney it surely is.

And I love the basis of your criteria...juniors are the entire justification for having a team.

Tell me one team that relies heavily on juniors, piss weak argument.

Lets ignore the fact that the Roosters have the corporate $$$, solid attendances and have a widespread fanbase that attracts ratings, yes its juniors that will seal our fate you fkn genius.

Fact of the matter is that NSW is relevant to the whole expansion plan. It has enough teams, Timmah is able to take the train down and watch his team play on a weekly basis. Can we say that about the people of Adelaide, Perth, Wellington, Sunshine Coast?

The list goes on and on, stop hiding behind your whole anti-NSW argument and see that the game needs to attract new fans, not a bunch of people in gods waiting room aka the CC.

Mate, your reply is hilarious. I would have pulled your pants down but you've just done it with your own reply.

You come out with this massive anti-Sydney stance but as soon as the blowtorch is applied to your beloved Roosters your stance does a 180 degree u-turn. It's the classical "lets kick Sydney teams out unless it's my team" arguement.

Teams that rely heavily on juniors? Hmmm... let's see:

St. George Ilawarra
NZ Warriors
Parramatta
Penrith
Wests Tigers
Canberra (if you also include soutern NSW)
Newcastle
Brisbane
North Queensland
South Sydney

You look through those rosters and you'll find plenty of local juniors there.

How ISN'T juniors important? Without juniors there is no game! And the Roosters are not pulling their weight in developing juniors. But of course, you would expect a Roosters supporter to dismiss juniors as not important for any team's criteria for admission to the NRL and that's sort of, well, an inconvenient and awkward arguement for Roosters fans.

As for the overall expansion plan and the fact that NSW has too many teams, I am not anti-expansion to Adelaide, Perth or anywhere else. All I am saying is the Central Coast deserve a team of their own. A vast league-mad area from the Harbour Bridge to Lake Maquarie with a ready made stadium, fans, and an abundance of juniors with a population of approx 1 million people is not to be sneezed at.

Whether you think they should take priority over Adelaide, or Perth is your opinion and you are entitled to it. We can agree to disageree on the priority of order for teams to be admitted.

As for relocating a Sydney team, would you be able to accept the Sydney Roosters relocating to Central Coast? If you can't accept that, then you are the biggest hypocrite going around. Your pants aint down, they're totally off!

And like I said you need to look at a map, because the people of the Central Coast would be offended if you called them 'Sydney-centric' because THE CENTRAL COAST IS NOT SYDNEY. A bit of a grammatical lesson ... maybe you meant 'NSW-centric'?

It's a bit like me caling Gold Coast 'Brisbane-centric'.

Cloud9

Yeah, because living in Townsville you would know about Central Coast indigenous fauna.

Stingrays don't proliferate our waters, stonefish are not common, brown snakes are pretty much confined to the reptile park in Somersby... do you actually know what you're talking about?

Something like Waves or Oysters or something, something water based definitely, but not what you've said.

And Seagulls, while being native to the area for sure, has already been done...

Is the Central Coast near The Gap?
I like the sound of the Central Coast Jumpers.

Loudstrat

Coach
No.

Bluebags, Brycey lives in Birdsville, and because his tonnage of letter to Gallop about admitting Birdsville to the NRL have yet to illicit a reply, he has a campaign to decimate Sydney.

Bluebags1908

Juniors
To all those Roosters fans out there - apologies if I caused offence in singling out and picking on the Roosters in my lively debate with Brycey. I am not anti-Roosters and do not wish to see the Roosters kicked out or relocate. The Roosters bring a lot to the NRL and every team has their strengths and weaknesses. Unfortunately for the Roosters lack of juniors is their weakness. As Brycey is a Roosters fan I was merely using the Roosters as an example to back my arguement.

It's all very well and good to say a Sydney team should be kicked out or relocate but supporters from every club wil be able to state their case as to why their team shouldn't be kicked out or relocate.

I want the Bears back and I think it's in poor taste to bag the Bears and their fans about wanting their team back when supporters of other teams would do the exactly the same if their team was screwed over like the Bears were and trying to gain re-admission.

My personal opinion is that the Bears and the Reds should be the next 2 teams in but if a 2nd Brisbane team or Wellington get the nod I would be happy with that too because in the end it's good for the game.

mightybears

Bench
To all those Roosters fans out there - apologies if I caused offence in singling out and picking on the Roosters in my lively debate with Brycey. I am not anti-Roosters and do not wish to see the Roosters kicked out or relocate. The Roosters bring a lot to the NRL and every team has their strengths and weaknesses. Unfortunately for the Roosters lack of juniors is their weakness. As Brycey is a Roosters fan I was merely using the Roosters as an example to back my arguement.

It's all very well and good to say a Sydney team should be kicked out or relocate but supporters from every club wil be able to state their case as to why their team shouldn't be kicked out or relocate.

I want the Bears back and I think it's in poor taste to bag the Bears and their fans about wanting their team back when supporters of other teams would do the exactly the same if their team was screwed over like the Bears were and trying to gain re-admission.

My personal opinion is that the Bears and the Reds should be the next 2 teams in but if a 2nd Brisbane team or Wellington get the nod I would be happy with that too because in the end it's good for the game.

I concur with the Jetman, esp my bold!

Hass

Juniors
If CC wants a team then get a relocated one.

They are getting a relocated one. The North Sydney Bears tried to relocate there 10 years ago.

They've been trying to relocate there again ever sine the merger with Manly collapsed.

You can't just pretend that the Bears disappeared into the ether. It's convenient for people who obsess over the number of Sydney teams to write the Bears' death off as a statistic.

What happens if another Sydney team decides to relocate and it doesn't work out because of a combination of bad luck and getting screwed over?

Do we just write them off too and not let them have a chance to relocate ever again?

Relocation is not just a convenient way of getting the number of Sydney teams down. That's just a by-product. Relocation is about established clubs continuing on in the game in a marketplace that is viable.

The Bears are an established traditional club. They want to set up shop in a place where a team is extremely viable. The NRL should be encouraging them.

Latest posts