What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talons

Juniors
No ones death riding Sharks, they are death riding Dragon Slayer for his aggressive anti-Bear comments!

As for death riding, what a joke coming from a Manly fan talking about the Bears! You absolute hypocirite! Manly have been jumping for joy since the Beas were forced into the Northern Eagles JV. Then running back to Brookvale saying we hated being on the Coast. But thanks for bringing the Coast and Bears together as one in a giant loathing of Manly - its made our bid much stronger.

It's your fervent sense of entitlement that gets up other posters noses, don't think I haven't read your inane dribble on other forums. (The Bears book of Feuds lol) Time ticks away and your desperation grows.

You are NOT one of the current 16 nrl franchises and until that unlikely scenario occurs, take a ticket and join the queue.

Talons

Juniors
The CCBEARS & WAREDS are ready now. The NRL can't control nature but it can control expansion. Your pro-Jets arguements seem less and less important the longer this water stays around.[/QUOTE]

What a cheap shot remark made towards an area struggling with crisis.
I rest my case on just how low you would stoop.

It's your fervent sense of entitlement that gets up other posters noses, don't think I haven't read your inane dribble on other forums. (The Bears book of Feuds lol) Time ticks away and your desperation grows.

You are NOT one of the current 16 nrl franchises and until that unlikely scenario occurs, take a ticket and join the queue.

Just a quick question for you Talons since you missed my other post.

* Where are the JETS going to get funds from now when most of the local business sector of Ipswich & Toowoomba are under water.

* How are people going to help finance a Jets team now when most have lost everything in their houses and cannot access their jobs?

Do you get stupider by the day? Here you and bobmar are from the comfort of your OUTTER STATE houses. Telling people what the locals of Ipswich want for a team? I'll tell you what the locals from Ipswich want horsemouth, they want this bloody water to reside and for them to return to their lives.

gallagher

Juniors
Youre a numbnut of the highest order. You seriously think the jets and cq bids will grow now rapidly? Turn on the tv genius and see the situation. People are going to be too busy rebuilding their communities to give a sh*t about an nrl bid. Ipswich is under water. Rocky is under water. If the ccbears were originally killed due to bad weather during the bluetongue construction phase then what the hell does that mean for 2 bid areas under water in flood? If they weren't behind the wareds, ccbears pack before they certainly are now. All the money that was intended to be spent on the bids will be put forward for more important actions.

My folks who live outside of ippy have their property looking like a swamp. My mates houses from ippy to westend near the rivers are lost. My own house at Windsor has 1m of water through it.

And while I use the last bit of iPhone battery to post this. I ask you, no I plead to you to grow a f**ken brain.

I find it hard to believe that bears supporters would be saying their bid was gone if the CC had these floods.
Life will go on after this tragedy.

Talons

Juniors
Go f**kyourself. Im stuck in this crisis and have family and friends that have lost everything. Repeat. GO f**k YOURSELF

Oh diddums has someone said something you don't like. There there run to mummy and she will make things all better. Or maybe you can have a big group hug.:lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If these floods get much worse Talons, the fact is that infrastructure and spending for the area of the proposed team at Ipswich will be affected long enough to postpone any sort of bid. It's a sad and unfortunate reality. Life will go on but it might take a few more years beyond 2013 for a new SEQ team to be formed in the NRL after this catastrophe.

Oh diddums has someone said something you don't like. There there run to mummy and she will make things all better. Or maybe you can have a big group hug.:lol:

I haven't been able to contact my mom since last night. My folks place outside Ipswich is under water. I had to evacuate my own house in Windsor due to water coming in. 2 of my best friends have lost their properties in Yeronga & Fairfield. Family from Toowoomba is still unaccounted for. Friends from the otherside of Ipswich are stuck with no way out at this point.

You didn't say something I didn't like. You said something that was stupid and bloody geniused. You should really think before you type. Karma will be a bitch otherwise.

Talons

Juniors
I haven't been able to contact my mom since last night. My folks place outside Ipswich is under water. I had to evacuate my own house in Windsor due to water coming in. 2 of my best friends have lost their properties in Yeronga & Fairfield. Family from Toowoomba is still unaccounted for. Friends from the otherside of Ipswich are stuck with no way out at this point.

You didn't say something I didn't like. You said something that was stupid and bloody geniused. You should really think before you type. Karma will be a bitch otherwise.

I too have family in the Darling Downs, and now reside in Far Northern N.S.W (where it's currently flooding) having moved from Toowoomba, so the karma analogy is somewhat lost on me at this point.

Disagreements aside I hope you and your family will all be safe and well.

BDGS

Bench
Look at this idiot talking like he has already had the green light from David Gallop for a Central Coast franchise. Once again trying to bully his way into the NRL.

All the Clubs have already said they don't want another N.S.W Club.

But they talk as if they are certainties.

LOL those straws are getting smaller and smaller.

"Look at this idiot talking like he has already had the green light from David Gallop for a Central Coast franchise."

How do you know he hasn't got the green light? Were you there? hahaha.

LOL those straws are getting smaller and smaller.

"Look at this idiot talking like he has already had the green light from David Gallop for a Central Coast franchise."

How do you know he hasn't got the green light? Were you there? hahaha.

How do I know?

Quite simple.

The NRL Clubs won't have a bar of it.

You should read more.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Youre a numbnut of the highest order. You seriously think the jets and cq bids will grow now rapidly? Turn on the tv genius and see the situation. People are going to be too busy rebuilding their communities to give a sh*t about an nrl bid. Ipswich is under water. Rocky is under water. If the ccbears were originally killed due to bad weather during the bluetongue construction phase then what the hell does that mean for 2 bid areas under water in flood? If they weren't behind the wareds, ccbears pack before they certainly are now. All the money that was intended to be spent on the bids will be put forward for more important actions.

My folks who live outside of ippy have their property looking like a swamp. My mates houses from ippy to westend near the rivers are lost. My own house at Windsor has 1m of water through it.

And while I use the last bit of iPhone battery to post this. I ask you, no I plead to you to grow a f**ken brain.

TBF the New Orleans Saints became a massive focus for the community and a symbol of regrowth of the city. In fact since the Hurricane the Saints have become stronger than they ever were. Not saying its the same but some may see the hundereds of millions that will flow into the area in regeneration money as an ideal opportunity to give the community some respite from the tragedy by bringing some good news to the region.

Von

Juniors
Trying to take some heat out of this argument, these floods will no doubt put Ipswich's bid back significantly. These floods will require months of rebuilding at huge financial cost.

Like it or not Ipswich, Toowoomba, SE Qld have more important factors to consider over the next 12/24 months than another footy team....and certainly not building another stadium!

Without doubt the best bid at this point is the Bears then WA Reds. IF (and it is only an if) the new IC even vote for expansion, the Bears & Reds must surely get the nod...and help to reheal some SL wounds.

I believe we need another SE Qld team (the Broncos monopoly is farcical) but mother nature has intervened and dealt a huge blow to Ipswich's bid...a bid that was not all that advanced. Perhaps Ipswich will have to wait until 2015....

Last edited:

gallagher

Juniors
If these floods get much worse Talons, the fact is that infrastructure and spending for the area of the proposed team at Ipswich will be affected long enough to postpone any sort of bid. It's a sad and unfortunate reality. Life will go on but it might take a few more years beyond 2013 for a new SEQ team to be formed in the NRL after this catastrophe.

Maybe the bid includes playing out of Suncorp.
The flood wont stop the SEQ bid any more than the bushfires wil stop WA's bid. Some bears supporters are really getting worried now to have to come up with any excuse to write off a rival bid.

Beowulf

Juniors
Bears fans shouldn't be worried at all. Our bid gets stronger and stronger by the day. It's now or never and we're doing all we can to make it happen. Things like handing out membership flyers at train stations, which I did on Monday and Tuesday.

The Bears keep working and let the knockers keep knocking - they will never accomplish anything in their life.

BDGS

Bench
Trying to take some heat out of this argument, these floods will no doubt put Ipswich's bid back significantly. These floods will require months of rebuilding at huge financial cost.

Like it or not Ipswich, Toowoomba, SE Qld have more important factors to consider over the next 12/24 months than another footy team....and certainly not building another stadium!

Without doubt the best bid at this point is the Bears then WA Reds. IF (and it is only an if) the new IC even vote for expansion, the Bears & Reds must surely get the nod...and help to reheal some SL wounds.

I believe we need another SE Qld team (the Broncos monopoly is farcical) but mother nature has intervened and dealt a huge blow to Ipswich's bid...a bid that was not all that advanced. Perhaps Ipswich will have to wait until 2015....

Yep, very smart post. Ipswich were aiming for 2015 anyway, so if this sets their bid back (and it no doubt will) they may not be ready for even longer then that.

These floods will also heavily impact the CQ NRL bid that is far more advanced then the Ipswich bid.

Maybe the bid includes playing out of Suncorp.
The flood wont stop the SEQ bid any more than the bushfires wil stop WA's bid. Some bears supporters are really getting worried now to have to come up with any excuse to write off a rival bid.

Fairy tale stuff.

Bears fans shouldn't be worried at all. Our bid gets stronger and stronger by the day. It's now or never and we're doing all we can to make it happen. Things like handing out membership flyers at train stations, which I did on Monday and Tuesday.

The Bears keep working and let the knockers keep knocking - they will never accomplish anything in their life.

Which bears fans are worrying?

Seems to me that all Bears fans just keep supporting their Bid and have others knock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.