What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

gallagher

Juniors
Well aware of that, I'm a Canterbury supporter who lives on the Central Coast ;-)

Your assertion still makes no sense. The Brisbane Broncos play at Milton, a suburb less than 2 kilometres from the city.

You're suggesting the Ipswich Jets should play at Milton, a suburb of Brisbane, more than 35 kilometres away.

You could simply just be honest - you hate the Bears bid and refuse to concede it's a possibility when the decision is made.

Wests play out of the SFS, more than 35 km away from campbelltown.
Concede what is a possiblitly when the decision is made? I've said nothing about the bears bid. I've only commented on the flood effecting the SEQ bid. Its just plain crap.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If you don't think it will have an effect then I think you're either delusional, or just don't understand the gravity of what's happening up in SEQ.

BDGS

Bench
So you think only Ipswich companies can sponsor a new team aswell.

What are you talking about? When did i mention sponsors?

Concede what is a possiblitly when the decision is made? I've said nothing about the bears bid. I've only commented on the flood effecting the SEQ bid. Its just plain crap.

Really?

"Some bears supporters are really getting worried now to have to come up with any excuse to write off a rival bid.:

gallagher

Juniors
What are you talking about? When did i mention sponsors?

Really?

"Some bears supporters are really getting worried now to have to come up with any excuse to write off a rival bid.:

And where in that have I had a go at the Bears bid? Thats just a shot at Bears supporters on here.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I have to wonder if the people saying that the Jets bid is now out of the race because of the floods were the same people saying that RL in Vic & the Storm were dead after the salary cap scandal.

Timmah

Staff member
But one of the people you're having a go at isn't even a Bears supporter? :?

Timmah

Staff member
I have to wonder if the people saying that the Jets bid is now out of the race because of the floods were the same people saying that RL in Vic & the Storm were dead after the salary cap scandal.
:?

I don't think anyone's saying the bid is out of the race - but the chances of it being ready and viable in time for the current round of expansion are greatly diminishing with each passing hour this crisis continues.

gallagher

Juniors
If you don't think it will have an effect then I think you're either delusional, or just don't understand the gravity of what's happening up in SEQ.
So tell me how? They dont need a new stadium and are not relying on only local companies to support the bid.

How is it going to affect the bid?

Timmah

Staff member
If we're talking about an Ipswich bid, they will need a new stadium, in Ipswich.

The bid itself isn't very advanced either, definitely not to the extent that the WA and CC bids are - and the focus over the coming months (which is when the bids are supposed to be submitted) won't be on a new RL team - it'll be about recovery and rebuild.

gallagher

Juniors
If we're talking about an Ipswich bid, they will need a new stadium, in Ipswich.

The bid itself isn't very advanced either, definitely not to the extent that the WA and CC bids are - and the focus over the coming months (which is when the bids are supposed to be submitted) won't be on a new RL team - it'll be about recovery and rebuild.

They only need a stadium if the NRL says so. Not you.

Something like a bid for a NRL licence may be what the authorities deem as a way to try and keep peoples spirits up.A real boost for the community.

You've got no real reason why this will effect the bid.

andrew057

First Grade

Again, youre pulling up the same ridiculous point another Jets bid supporter was.

Wests played three regular season games at the SFS last season. If you can't see the difference between that and Ipswich playing 12 home games a season at Suncorp for however many years it takes for them to get a stadium out there, I give up.

gallagher

Juniors
Again, youre pulling up the same ridiculous point another Jets bid supporter was.

Wests played three regular season games at the SFS last season. If you can't see the difference between that and Ipswich playing 12 home games a season at Suncorp for however many years it takes for them to get a stadium out there, I give up.

Plus 1 at the SCG and 4 at Leichhardtand a home semi at the SFS. All 3 stadiums no where near Campbelltown. AND they've been doing it for years.

BDGS

Bench
And where in that have I had a go at the Bears bid? Thats just a shot at Bears supporters on here.

You were having a go at Bears fans for something they haven't done.

Then took shot at two people who don't/won't support the Bears but can see the Central Coast bid is far superior to any other NRL bid.

So tell me how? They dont need a new stadium and are not relying on only local companies to support the bid.

How is it going to affect the bid?

Are you all there?

gallagher

Juniors
You were having a go at Bears fans for something they haven't done.

Then took shot at two people who don't/won't support the Bears but can see the Central Coast bid is far superior to any other NRL bid.

Are you all there?

So you agree I've said nothing about the bears bid. Finally you have comprehended something.
Now, are you gonna have a go at explaining how this will effect the bid.(taking into account everything thats already been posted)

BDGS

Bench

Seconded.

Plus 1 at the SCG and 4 at Leichhardtand a home semi at the SFS. All 3 stadiums no where near Campbelltown. AND they've been doing it for years.

They aren't the Western Suburbs Magpies mate, they are the Wests Tigers (hello? remember Balmain?) you are more of a troll then that Bearsforever fan or whatever his name is.

So you agree I've said nothing about the bears bid. Finally you have comprehended something.
Now, are you gonna have a go at explaining how this will effect the bid.(taking into account everything thats already been posted)

Already been posted, take out your stupid post and there is your answers If you think a natural DISASTER of this size will not affect a NRL bid team you are more stupid then i thought. People are rebuilding theirs lives, thats out of the ones that are still alive. They won't give a sh*t about a League team. They will care about their families and businesses.

The money that the government were going to give Ipswich and Central Queensland to build stadiums, promoting their brand, advertising has now all gone to the Relief efforts. All the sponsors of these bids will now be more worried about standing on their own two feet within the QLD community, not about getting a NRL bid team in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts