What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.
God bless IPhone charges.

Anyways... Gallagher, Matt Newton just called. He wants his crackpipe back from you.

BEARSFOREVER, I see through your lies. You're either Talons or another of the Bears haters who want to discredit us. By posing as a fan to raffle the feathers of other members that support other clubs.

Everyone chill. Seriously. The Central Coast Bears will have a state of the art HQ soon to go with their stadium and their sponsors and their members and their community. Anything else is irrelevant to the Central Coast Bears.

Naysayers and doubters will be quickly forgotten once we're up and running on the field.

Facts are here www.centralcoastbears.com.au

adamkungl

Immortal
The petty arguing between supporters of each bid is getting pretty boring. Neither side has anything to offer that hasn't been said a thousand times already. I can't wait til this is decided, hopefully sooner rather than later.

RedVee

First Grade
So you agree that your comment was pretty stupid and feel the need to divert.
Fair enough.

Not at all.
I base my comment on the Qld Govt announcing that 75% of Qld is a natural disaster zone. This says to me that the good burghers of this bid AND the CQ bid have a lot of work on their hands rebuilding their lives, their towns, their businesses and that normal business resumption will be delayed and many projects will be delayed.

For the record, I believe that the Bears were harshly treated "back when", and that my wife and in laws are North Shore people and Bears supporters. To be honest, it is no sure thing that they'd jump aboard a CC Bears anyway, as they see it as a Central Coast team.
My preference for expansion "in a perfect world" would have WA Reds and a Qld team in first. Brisbane/SQ "Diehards" or a CQ "Whatevers" or a Redcliffe/Sunshine Coast "thingys" whatever bid comes up best. I'd like a second NZ team shortlisted for a couple of years after. I think (up until now) that the Bears best realistic chance is being the 3rd team in if a Sydney team would take the chance to relocate into one of these bidding areas. So, I'm not one of the Bears teams favorites. Now I think that there has to be a large chance of the Qld bids being delayed, and possibly not being ready for 2013 - unless, of course, this flood scenario is all a giant hoax and the whole Australian media is being conducted by Greg Florimo?

andrew057

First Grade
Plus 1 at the SCG and 4 at Leichhardtand a home semi at the SFS. All 3 stadiums no where near Campbelltown. AND they've been doing it for years.

Yeah they are the West Tigers you know right? They represent much more than just Campbelltown mate.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
If you two can't see how this disaster of incredible proportions negatively affects a QLD bid you're both idiots and there's no use debating with you.

Insults instead of reasons. Good argument.

The winning bids won't be joining the comp until 2013. Which means they'll still be signing sponsors, players, etc in 2012. Do you really think these floods will still be affecting the area in a few years time or do you think that maybe, just maybe, some people here are over-reacting to a natural disaster...

BDGS

Bench
Insults instead of reasons. Good argument.

The winning bids won't be joining the comp until 2013. Which means they'll still be signing sponsors, players, etc in 2012. Do you really think these floods will still be affecting the area in a few years time or do you think that maybe, just maybe, some people here are over-reacting to a natural disaster...

Or maybe you haven't seen the images or heard from the people?

or perhaps you can't think on anything bigger then just sport?

This Natural disaster will take all 2011 to fix and going by every after disaster that has ever happened it'll take further years to get things back on track and back to what it was before you start talking about something as little as a footy team in the grand scheme of things.

Then you take into consideration that the decision will be handed down this half way through this year and the fact that the NRL and QRL are already more worried about helping out existing local rugby league clubs get back to their feet for the up-coming season(s) and then there is magically suppose to be this extra time to create a team from scratch for to compete in the NRL? I don't think so.

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
Trust me, repairs wont be finished by the end of 2011. Not by a long shot. This will take years before Brissy gets back to itself.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

The point is L4P - these bids need to be submitted this year. Given the infancy of the Ipswich bid, do you honestly think it will be able to be considered fully and properly this year?

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
The point is L4P - these bids need to be submitted this year. Given the infancy of the Ipswich bid, do you honestly think it will be able to be considered fully and properly this year?

IMHO the flooding won't impact the feasibility study the Jets are doing because ultimately the Ipswich bid is based on potential, it's not something that can be crippled by these floods.

It'd be a very different proposition if the government had promised them a stadium for their first season or if they had a Bears-like pre-existing stadium and the floods had knocked down a stand.
However Lang Park will be fixed up regardless of the Jets bid, the business/corporate $$$ will still be around in 2012/2013 and the fan support/junior numbers won't be going anywhere either.

the1

Juniors
Apart from having (arguably) one of the worst stadiums in the country, this spectacular "HQ" you are talking about will be rubbish.

If you want to see a real HQ check out the Titans Centre for Excellene or the Australian Technology Park Redfern.

BDGS

Bench
IMHO the flooding won't impact the feasibility study the Jets are doing because ultimately the Ipswich bid is based on potential, it's not something that can be crippled by these floods.

It'd be a very different proposition if the government had promised them a stadium for their first season or if they had a Bears-like pre-existing stadium and the floods had knocked down a stand.
However Lang Park will be fixed up regardless of the Jets bid, the business/corporate $$$ will still be around in 2012/2013 and the fan support/junior numbers won't be going anywhere either.

A NRL team is more then just where it plays and if Ipswich have chosen that ground to play at it is a poor choice within itself.

Apart from having (arguably) one of the worst stadiums in the country, this spectacular "HQ" you are talking about will be rubbish.

If you want to see a real HQ check out the Titans Centre for Excellene
or the Australian Technology Park Redfern.

you mean the ones that would make it the best HQ technology wise in Australia even more so then the Titans centre of Excellence? Do research and some reading before posting you idiot and learn how to spell "Excellence".

the1

Juniors
Beg my pardon for the lack of a "c" when spelling the aforementioned word.

I know a word starting with "c" you remind me of. No need to get into a hissy fit when there is a minor spelling error.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Wow, getting abusive because someone called you on a spelling error? :lol:

Your arguments are amazingly trolly. Just sayin...

bobmar28

Bench
TBF the New Orleans Saints became a massive focus for the community and a symbol of regrowth of the city. In fact since the Hurricane the Saints have become stronger than they ever were. Not saying its the same but some may see the hundereds of millions that will flow into the area in regeneration money as an ideal opportunity to give the community some respite from the tragedy by bringing some good news to the region.

The Jets bid could be a rallying point for the people of Toowoomba and Ipswich.

bobmar28

Bench
Bears fans shouldn't be worried at all. Our bid gets stronger and stronger by the day. It's now or never and we're doing all we can to make it happen. Things like handing out membership flyers at train stations, which I did on Monday and Tuesday.

The Bears keep working and let the knockers keep knocking - they will never accomplish anything in their life.

Does that mean if the Bears fail this time there won't be another bid?

bobmar28

Bench
Think about it this way gallagher:

If you were a resident of Ipswich trying to rebuild your life, home or business in the coming two years, would you support the government doling out money to build a brand new Rugby League stadium in the area?

I'm pretty sure, as much as Queenslanders love their footy, that getting lives, homes and businesses back on track is far more important.

Personally as a supporter of the Bears' bid, I'd actually prefer the competition from locations like Ipswich to know that when they're admitted, they did it on their own merits.

I'm sure the people of Ipswich would be delighted if the government offered to build them a stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.