What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

the1

Juniors
No. The criteria should be based on what is best for the NRL encompassing a number of issues related to financial and community considerations. The arguments put forward to support this should be rational and devoid of emotive language, heresay and bias.

As I have said before I am not opposed to a CC bears bid or team. I do however believe that another Queensland side based in Brisbane should be considered before the bears. An opinion I am more than entitled to argue and express. Whether expansion anywhere occurs is not up to me, just like it is not up to any other poster on this thread, regardless of the misguided passion of their posts.

Totally agree.

RedVee

First Grade
I think you both know what he means. While all of NSW has (02), Sydney has phone numbers starting with 8xxx xxxx and 9xxx xxxx across the metro area. Penrith's numbers are part of Blue Mt's exchanges and all start with 47xx xxxx, in much the same the Central Coast has 43xx xxxx and Newcastle 49xx xxxx and Wollongong/South Coast 42xx xxxx.

That's where he pulled it from, semantics won't win you that argument.

and Campbelltown/Macarthur (except northern suburbs) is 46xx xxxx.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yup, correct.
Totally agree.
Still yet to see you offer up anything at all. :lol:
As I have said before I am not opposed to a CC bears bid or team. I do however believe that another Queensland side based in Brisbane should be considered before the bears. An opinion I am more than entitled to argue and express. Whether expansion anywhere occurs is not up to me, just like it is not up to any other poster on this thread, regardless of the misguided passion of their posts.
Funny you say that. This "another Queensland side should be considered" thing was the same garbage the Titans were peddling in 2005, only difference being the Titans had a proper bid in place. Guess what? The "another Queensland side" happened and that's the Gold Coast. Let them settle in before risking destablising them (their crowds are already showing signs of decline after just four seasons).

The Bears bided their time with an inferior bid in 2005 and accepted that the Titans needed to come in. Now they have a far superior bid and match more of the established criteria than anyone other bid team, they very clearly deserve the next available licence.

Beowulf

Juniors
Great news - the membership total has passed the critical milestone target of 5,000. The NRL didn't think we could get 3000. We stand at 5180 as of this morning. Here come the Bears!​

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Credit to the bid team and all the staff & volunteers - 5,000 members for a team not yet with an NRL licence is not something to scoff at.

Von

Juniors

Thanks RedVee and Timmah....saved me writing it!

To others, I'm not taking a side in this argument. I am just stating facts. Obviously some people don't like facts.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
The Bears bided their time with an inferior bid in 2005 and accepted that the Titans needed to come in.

I agree with a lot of what you say - but this comment is simply not true.

When teh bids were orginally compared, the Titans didn't have anything - no name, no money, no stadium. The CC Bears had all of this plus funding from Singleton and his contacts.

What the CC Bears didnt have was the schmooze factor - which Searle does so well PLUS the dinosaur mate factor - Paul Broughton.

Winning an expansion bid in the NRL is equivalent to winning a FIFA World Cup bid - just less transparent.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
CENTRAL COAST BEARS SIGN 5,000TH MEMBER
17th January, 2011 | Posted by Central Coast Bears.
The Central Coast Bears’ compelling march to the NRL achieved yet another milestone when it signed its 5,000th member in early January.
Greg Florimo, CEO of the Central Coast Bears, stated, “Our objective was 5,000 members by 31 March, 2011, which is the date we will present our bid document to the NRL for inclusion in the competition in 2013.
“We have easily achieved this goal, which underlines the groundswell of support for an NRL team based on the Central Coast.
“I would also like to urge every one of our 5,000 plus members to try and encourage family members, work colleagues and friends to sign up.
“One more member each, and we could potentially crack 10,000 members, which sends a very strong message to the Rugby League community that the Central Coast is serious about supporting a team in the game’s elite competition.”
Florimo added, “We could not have achieved this milestone without our dedicated volunteers and staff, who have taken the Central Coast Bears membership drives to shopping centres, school fetes, local sporting and community events between Lake Munmorah in the north to Kirribilli in the south.
Central Coast Bears 5000th member Daniel Langbridge, is a local junior from Wyong and was excited to receive a personal phone call from Greg Florimo.
“I was stoked when Flo called. I couldn’t believe that I was the 5000th member. I can’t wait for a Central Coast team in the NRL so all local juniors like me have a team to aspire to play for,” Langbridge said.
Central Coast Bears Head of Football Operations David Fairleigh, said, “We are fortunate to have a total of 23 junior clubs in our catchment between Lake Munmorah and Kirribilli.
“This equates to over 7,000 junior players, the third largest junior base in the state.
“We tick all the boxes. Apart from 5,000 members and 7,000 juniors, we represent a catchment area that houses one million people as well as plenty of financial and business muscle including the likes of our major supporter and leading financial institution Mortgage House.
“We also have the purpose built Bluetongue Stadium and now have plans and support from politicians for a world class training and administration facility at Mt. Penang Parklands.
“All of these plus our strong engagement within the Central Coast and North Shore communities and our sustainable business model add up to what we see as a compelling bid for the NRL”.

http://www.centralcoastbears.com.au/news/central_coast_bears_sign_5000th_member.html

BDGS

Bench
The Bears bided their time with an inferior bid in 2005 and accepted that the Titans needed to come in. Now they have a far superior bid and match more of the established criteria than anyone other bid team, they very clearly deserve the next available licence.

Exactly correct!

Credit to the bid team and all the staff & volunteers - 5,000 members for a team not yet with an NRL licence is not something to scoff at.

Seconded.

I agree with a lot of what you say - but this comment is simply not true.

When teh bids were orginally compared, the Titans didn't have anything - no name, no money, no stadium. The CC Bears had all of this plus funding from Singleton and his contacts.

What the CC Bears didnt have was the schmooze factor - which Searle does so well PLUS the dinosaur mate factor - Paul Broughton.

The 2005 Central Coast NRL bid was inferior due to a number of reasons but one of the main reasons was because this bid did nothing to engage the local community, Singo thought that his millions would be enough along with a petition and a stadium. That was the entire bid right there, the current Central Coast Bears bid is community driven with 5180 members so far and always climbing. This time around the Central Coast Bears are working with the NRL will regular meetings, last time that was not happening. This Time the Bears have merchandise (that the NRL have made official NRL merch) and the area crying out for the team.

The 2005 Central Coast bid had no chance of getting admitted neither did the Original GC bid before they made changes to it to make it ready.

The Current Central Coast Bid the the most advance NRL bid of all time.

BDGS

Bench
CENTRAL COAST BEARS SIGN 5,000TH MEMBER
17th January, 2011 | Posted by Central Coast Bears.
The Central Coast Bears’ compelling march to the NRL achieved yet another milestone when it signed its 5,000th member in early January.
Greg Florimo, CEO of the Central Coast Bears, stated, “Our objective was 5,000 members by 31 March, 2011, which is the date we will present our bid document to the NRL for inclusion in the competition in 2013.
“We have easily achieved this goal, which underlines the groundswell of support for an NRL team based on the Central Coast.
“I would also like to urge every one of our 5,000 plus members to try and encourage family members, work colleagues and friends to sign up.
“One more member each, and we could potentially crack 10,000 members, which sends a very strong message to the Rugby League community that the Central Coast is serious about supporting a team in the game’s elite competition.”
Florimo added, “We could not have achieved this milestone without our dedicated volunteers and staff, who have taken the Central Coast Bears membership drives to shopping centres, school fetes, local sporting and community events between Lake Munmorah in the north to Kirribilli in the south.
Central Coast Bears 5000th member Daniel Langbridge, is a local junior from Wyong and was excited to receive a personal phone call from Greg Florimo.
“I was stoked when Flo called. I couldn’t believe that I was the 5000th member. I can’t wait for a Central Coast team in the NRL so all local juniors like me have a team to aspire to play for,” Langbridge said.
Central Coast Bears Head of Football Operations David Fairleigh, said, “We are fortunate to have a total of 23 junior clubs in our catchment between Lake Munmorah and Kirribilli.
“This equates to over 7,000 junior players, the third largest junior base in the state.
“We tick all the boxes. Apart from 5,000 members and 7,000 juniors, we represent a catchment area that houses one million people as well as plenty of financial and business muscle including the likes of our major supporter and leading financial institution Mortgage House.
“We also have the purpose built Bluetongue Stadium and now have plans and support from politicians for a world class training and administration facility at Mt. Penang Parklands.
“All of these plus our strong engagement within the Central Coast and North Shore communities and our sustainable business model add up to what we see as a compelling bid for the NRL”.

http://www.centralcoastbears.com.au/news/central_coast_bears_sign_5000th_member.html

Fantastic effort.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
The next Central Coast Bears membership drives are @

MCDONALD'S TUGGERAH/WYONG MEMBERSHIP DRIVE
DATE: Saturday 22nd January
TIME: From 9:30am

GOSFORD WATERFRONT - AUSTRALIA DAY
DATE: Wednesday 26th January
TIME: From 9:30am

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
bluetongue_main_left.jpg

Beowulf

Juniors
Exactly correct!

Seconded.

The 2005 Central Coast NRL bid was inferior due to a number of reasons but one of the main reasons was because this bid did nothing to engage the local community, Singo thought that his millions would be enough along with a petition and a stadium. That was the entire bid right there, the current Central Coast Bears bid is community driven with 5180 members so far and always climbing. This time around the Central Coast Bears are working with the NRL will regular meetings, last time that was not happening. This Time the Bears have merchandise (that the NRL have made official NRL merch) and the area crying out for the team.

The 2005 Central Coast bid had no chance of getting admitted neither did the Original GC bid before they made changes to it to make it ready.

The Current Central Coast Bid the the most advance NRL bid of all time.

Correct on all points. The Bears have learned from the Gold Coast as to what the NRL want in a bid, and are delivering on all levels above NRL expectations.

Beowulf

Juniors
So Timmah was incorrect?

I don't think the Bears felt they had inferior product to the Gold Coast in 2005 (in fact, many still think 'we was robbed'!). An objective neutral may disagree!......The NRL obviously liked the composition of the Gold Coast bid.

In 2011 the Bears have a vastly different bid and a more diversified revenue stream. The importance of the rapidly increasing community support on the Coast to the bids success cannot be overstated.

Status
Not open for further replies.