What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupid

Juniors
All Super League crowds were pitfull, didnt the crowds only drop off once they sold themselves?

I think we have to take risks, Perth has the potential to be something great or something diabolical, whilst CC is a safe bet, it doesnt have the same potential has Perth.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Should we risk Perth again so soon though? Some of the crowds the Reds had in their closing years were pitiful - an average well under 9,000 in 1996 and 1997...

so soon? ffs we've been waiting 12 years!

re Reds avg, it was better than a number of supposed heartland clubs!:roll:

BuffaloRules

Coach
Our mate Timmah is a typical CC type that already has their own team, but also want the added luxury of a local team that they can go and support once a year when they are playing their preferred team at Blue tongue.

The only thing I will say in Timmah and Rockin Ronnys favour is that at least they no longer keep pushing the "threat" of the Mariners taking over Gosford if we dont put a team there....

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
All Super League crowds were pitfull, didnt the crowds only drop off once they sold themselves?

I think we have to take risks, Perth has the potential to be something great or something diabolical, whilst CC is a safe bet, it doesnt have the same potential has Perth.
1996 wasn't a SL season, it was an ARL season.

And why doesn't the CC have the same potential as Perth?
so soon? ffs we've been waiting 12 years!

re Reds avg, it was better than a number of supposed heartland clubs!:roll:
As I've said previously, the average of RL games played at Bluetongue currently outstrips a couple of "RL Heartland" clubs now, even with increased attendances over the past ten years. Why is the CC any less deserving than say Cronulla or Manly, both who have a relatively poor attendance record in the past decade?
Our mate Timmah is a typical CC type that already has their own team, but also want the added luxury of a local team that they can go and support once a year when they are playing their preferred team at Blue tongue.

The only thing I will say in Timmah and Rockin Ronnys favour is that at least they no longer keep pushing the "threat" of the Mariners taking over Gosford if we dont put a team there....
Good to know you're on the ball with everyone's personal lives :lol:

Yes, I have my own team - but I'm actually already a member of the Central Coast Bears. I attend all matches at Bluetongue unless they clash with a Bulldogs match (I was at the February Double Header and Manly v Knights two weeks ago, I will miss tomorrow's game however I'll be back there in Round 10), and come 2013 if they're admitted I'd likely continue my membership and attend more than half, if not all their matches throughout the season. But thanks for making my thoughts clear for everyone :thumb

As for your remark about the Mariners - I've never debated such a point that I can remember. For a start, they play during a different time of the year - the NRL off-season.

cupid

Juniors

As I've said previously, the average of RL games played at Bluetongue currently outstrips a couple of "RL Heartland" clubs now, even with increased attendances over the past ten years. Why is the CC any less deserving than say Cronulla or Manly, both who have a relatively poor attendance record in the past decade?

Yes, I have my own team - but I'm actually already a member of the Central Coast Bears. I attend all matches at Bluetongue unless they clash with a Bulldogs match (I was at the February Double Header and Manly v Knights two weeks ago, I will miss tomorrow's game however I'll be back there in Round 10), and come 2013 if they're admitted I'd likely continue my membership and attend more than half, if not all their matches throughout the season. But thanks for making my thoughts clear for everyone :thumb

As for your remark about the Mariners - I've never debated such a point that I can remember. For a start, they play during a different time of the year - the NRL off-season.
Population of Perth: 1,658, 992
Population of the CC: 297, 956

Bro Bear

Juniors
Will be great to see the Central Coast in the NRL as the Central Coast Bears.

Norths had all intentions of moving there in 1999; however, bad weather prevented the move. In addition, poor construction by the stadium builders.

No Sydney based NRL club wants to move from their heartland to the Coast, WA or QLD. The Bears is the logical choice - (Bears have a great bid in place, sponsorship already and the list grows, already a set junior base and the numbers on the North Shore and the Central Coast will boom once the Bears are back in tthe NRL, plus they already have a modern stadium). In addition, the Bears is a great brand name and have a proud history dating back to 1908.

NSW and QLD are where the majority of supporters and players are.

In 2013 the Central Coast Bears should be admitted to the NRL. (The Bears are the ONLY ENTITY ATTEMPTING TO HAVE THE COAST ITS OWN TEAM)

Hopefully the second team will be WA or a team from CQLD (Unsure about their population base and facilities). WA has a limited amount of juniors but staying that the numbers probably are the same in comprasion to the Roosters.

BRING BACK THE BEARS - Looking forward to the games at GOSFORD and the ONE GAME at NSO against our old junior club Manly.

mave

Coach

Somehow, I don't think this is typical of the bulk of the CC population. Most people only have the desire and the disposable income to stick to following just the one team.

skeepe

Immortal
This modern stadium line gets trotted out a lot. What rubbish. Seriously, who builds a three-sided stadium?

:crazy:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Timmah you seemed to suggest the Reds getting a 9,000 Avg should count against us getting a team in 2013, I was merely pointing out that "at the time" it was not the worse in the comps.

I am more interested in now than 12 years ago and a few 16,000+ crowds made up of mostly locals would I am sure ease some of the concerns about the people of Godfords interest in supporting the NRL. The 12,000 made up of many Manly and Knights fans didn't look a great advert for the Bears unfortunately.

The danger of relying on "2nd team" interest ( and I recognise it is the same for us to a lesser degree) is that if the Bears are doing badly it is very easy to give up on them and put your support back to your main team.

I think this is a somewhat mute argument though. If the $'s are there from the TV deal then the NRL will want to expand and there is only Perth and CC Bears that look like legitimate options.

andrew057

First Grade
Population of Perth: 1,658, 992
Population of the CC: 297, 956

You originally state that the Central Coast is too close to Sydney, but then fail to acknowledge the population of North Syndey that will support the bears.

Teddyboy

First Grade

Manly get decent crowds for that shed of a sh*thole.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
This modern stadium line gets trotted out a lot. What rubbish. Seriously, who builds a three-sided stadium?

:crazy:
Have you ever been there? It's got a capacity of 20,000 with some of the best views in the sporting world. You're an idiot.

Somehow, I don't think this is typical of the bulk of the CC population. Most people only have the desire and the disposable income to stick to following just the one team.
Many CC residents "vaguely" follow Newcastle because they're the closest team. If there was a local NRL team you'd find people would be much more passionate.

cupid

Juniors
Have you ever been there? It's got a capacity of 20,000 with some of the best views in the sporting world. You're an idiot.

Many CC residents "vaguely" follow Newcastle because they're the closest team. If there was a local NRL team you'd find people would be much more passionate.
What a ridiculous statement to make, how on earth would you know this?

Brutus

Referee
I agree with the three-sided stadium comment.

It's bloody amateur hour when the camera shoots towards the goal posts with the palm trees and traffic behind them.

It's just another stadium. Nothing special at all.

mightybears

Bench
Jeez Mr Presley-at least we are coming back [to the NRL], you have left the building permanently

thank you, thank you very much

Blue Tongue is a better stadium than nearly all in Sydney, explain what sort of stand could be jammed up on the road side?, and 20,000 is a good size league ground

Last edited:

Fui!!!

Juniors
The stadium is fine. It's the same as Parra except the lower level is bigger and doesn't have 1 end. But that makes it look unique. I like it.

Just 1 thing though. They would have to put a net down that end, because at the trial game, every time someone had a shot at goal the ball would go onto the road. Could easily cause an accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts