What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

mave

Coach
Looked to be about 100 bears fans in the "bears bay" when Fox where interviewing Fairleigh. They have a massive presence on the coast, obviously.:lol:

With the Bears having 1200 members, I ask, where are the other 1100 people.

cupid

Juniors
Looked to be about 100 bears fans in the "bears bay" when Fox where interviewing Fairleigh. They have a massive presence on the coast, obviously.:lol:

With the Bears having 1200 members, I ask, where are the other 1100 people.
The other 1100 members were obviously all just Rockin Ronny.

Loudstrat

Coach
Has it been advertised as a chance for the people of the CC to show support for the Bears bid? I'd love to know what the CC Bears membership is in terms of where people are from. if it is 75 - 25 North Sydney - CC then that'd be a worry.

There is no membership of the CC Bears as far as I can work out - although Mave above suggests 1100, which is just a drive (I guess) at support for the proposal There is membership of North Sydney Leagues Club, and membership for Central Coast Leagues Club at Gosford and the one at Wyong (remind me Timmah - what's it called again?)

Once again you AFL heads cannot distinguish between season ticket based members and leagues club members.

mave

Coach
Fairleigh on Fox said 1200 members. As far as I know, the standard membership is about $50 per person.

Scarves

Juniors
100 folks in the Bears bay.... wow!!

Looks like things have improved dramatically since those halcyon days when four or five rowdy souls used to congregate for their annual Black 'n' Red fan meeting outside of that phone box on the corner of Berry & Miller Streets.

Well done Bears, you have truly captured the imagination of all listeners who regularly tune into radio 2GO.

sevenel_mx

Juniors
Many CC residents "vaguely" follow Newcastle because they're the closest team. If there was a local NRL team you'd find people would be much more passionate.

That quote is 100% on the money for me, I was a Newcastle supporter but they have just sold out to a islander based team. I never go to games because theres sh*t luck of a chance of you getting me to be bothered to travel to newcastle, I already have to do it most days of the week.

CANNOT WAIT for the bears to hit the coast. Im planning to get a foundation jersey soon and will try and get to as many games as I can.
WOrd of advice for the CCbears bidders. AIM FOR THE YOUNG CROWD ASWELL, yes you will have the support of old nthSydney fans but that simply just isnt enough. Hit the CC with an attitude of pride, you have to make the young guns like me who loosely follw a team jump ship. THe future is in the hands of the younger generation.

As for comments on Gosford/Bluetoungue stadium? Common, its an unreal ground.
1. It has enough seats to comfortably hold local matches. More would just be wasted anyway, its not like there expecting to ever host a GF.
2. It bunches the crowd closer together creating a better atmosphere and filling the stands.
3. And most importantly, IT HAS ATMOSPHERE! Sitting in the stands you can look over the nice water through the palm trees, no complaining about that. Looks good on TV in my opinion too. ....Its differnt, and thats what makes it soo good.

Bring it on.

sevenel_mx

Juniors
Oh and get rid of the "BRING THEM BACK" slogan, makes you look bad as it outlines you have failed before.

New Entity, New Setup, New Team.

BRING THEM IN!

Loudstrat

Coach
Oh and get rid of the "BRING THEM BACK" slogan, makes you look bad as it outlines you have failed before.

New Entity, New Setup, New Team.

BRING THEM IN!

Norths didn't fail as much as the NRL did.

Besides, you want a new entity but want to call it the Bears and play in Red and Black?

Perth Red

Post Whore
There is no membership of the CC Bears as far as I can work out - although Mave above suggests 1100, which is just a drive (I guess) at support for the proposal There is membership of North Sydney Leagues Club, and membership for Central Coast Leagues Club at Gosford and the one at Wyong (remind me Timmah - what's it called again?)

Once again you AFL heads cannot distinguish between season ticket based members and leagues club members.

:) :)

http://www.centralcoastbears.com.au/membership.html

Loudstrat

Coach
Has it been advertised as a chance for the people of the CC to show support for the Bears bid? I'd love to know what the CC Bears membership is in terms of where people are from. if it is 75 - 25 North Sydney - CC then that'd be a worry.

I covered that by alluding to what Mave posted - you bring no news to me.

However, using current membership numbers, or where they are from, is rediculous because they only have a reggies side which feeds Melbourne currently. Totally different if they had a NRL side of their own.

At the moment, it makes no difference if the current members are from Woy Woy, Chatswood or friggin Helsinki. The current membership costs $5k, and offers 2 seats at the Bears first game at Bluetongue in 2013, a signed jersey and a certificate. With 1100 sold, that in itself is a good indication of support.

And get a side in and offer memberships under $1k you'll see your real support - and it will be huge.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I covered that by alluding to what Mave posted - you bring no news to me.

ha ha, so you made sh1t up, had a go at me for not understanding memberships, then when shown to be wrong, and the merkin you are, come back with this. :)

Some of your best work Loudtart!:lol:

sevenel_mx

Juniors
However, using current membership numbers, or where they are from, is rediculous because they only have a reggies side which feeds Melbourne currently. Totally different if they had a NRL side of their own.

Actually no.
The central COast is no longer supoprted from the Storm, it is now the Central Coast Centurions feeding to Newcastle.

Newcastle Cow

Live Update Team
Why don't you Manly fans piss off somewhere? maybe to the next Waratahs game, which your all probably planning to go to anyway.

What happened to the Bears was for a freaking travesty.

When the Bears were begged to be the final SL franchise did they sell out and jump aborad like plenty of other disloyal money-driven teams?

When the ARL said there were too many teams in Sydeny did the bears put their hands over the ears and sing "lalalala I'm not listening" like other teams?

And what happened to them? they got screwed.

If you want to split hairs and quibble over trivial crap such as all the 'massive problems' with Bluetongue stadium or other random horsehsit then keep it up. what great lives you must live.

Their bid is being conducted very professionally and it will happen, makes sense in every possible way. Any of you doubters care to put a bit of cash on it?

I'm not against the WA Reds either. I read in RLW the other day the NRL is seriously thinking about two new licenses, they should get the second. No annoying byes that way

rant over

eaglefan64

Juniors
Why don't you Manly fans piss off somewhere? maybe to the next Waratahs game, which your all probably planning to go to anyway.

What happened to the Bears was for a freaking travesty.

When the Bears were begged to be the final SL franchise did they sell out and jump aborad like plenty of other disloyal money-driven teams?

When the ARL said there were too many teams in Sydeny did the bears put their hands over the ears and sing "lalalala I'm not listening" like other teams?

And what happened to them? they got screwed.

If you want to split hairs and quibble over trivial crap such as all the 'massive problems' with Bluetongue stadium or other random horsehsit then keep it up. what great lives you must live.

Their bid is being conducted very professionally and it will happen, makes sense in every possible way. Any of you doubters care to put a bit of cash on it?

I'm not against the WA Reds either. I read in RLW the other day the NRL is seriously thinking about two new licenses, they should get the second. No annoying byes that way

rant over

blah blah blah blah

are you related to that f**kwit rockin ronny by the way???

The only traversty will be if those loser bears are ever allowed back into the NRL........thats when we will know the NRL has really lost the plot

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
blah blah blah blah

are you related to that f**kwit rockin ronny by the way???

The only traversty will be if those loser bears are ever allowed back into the NRL........thats when we will know the NRL has really lost the plot

Manly scum - "traversty"?
Typical of the uneducated, drug-riddled, drink-driving, wife-bashing turds that frequent Brokeback Oval and the surroundling slums in Blacktown Sur Mer.

If you want to arrange another dodgy deal for the Manly scum to take over Gosford stadium, you'd better get moving. Bears are coming back to the NRL.

cupid

Juniors
Manly scum - "traversty"?
Typical of the uneducated, drug-riddled, drink-driving, wife-bashing turds that frequent Brokeback Oval and the surroundling slums in Blacktown Sur Mer.

If you want to arrange another dodgy deal for the Manly scum to take over Gosford stadium, you'd better get moving. Bears are coming back to the NRL.
Why do you associate Manly as 'uneducated' and 'drug riddled'? Manly has one of the higest socio economic rates around Sydney.

Newcastle Cow

Live Update Team
Yeah Cupid cause wealthy people don't do drugs:roll:

And 'blah blah blah'? nice argument Eagle Fan, take you long to think of that?

Look, my point is this: If the roles were reversed, sure I'd find it funny at first, but I'd support Manly's re-inclusion. Everyone deserves to follow their own team. For Manly fans to come in here and trash a strong, well-supported and well-planned bid for the CC Bears, that's supported by a large majority of RL Fans, is just typical and shows why you're the most hated team in the comp. Maybe give a thought for the good of the game you are supposedly fans of. Enjoy following your team of poached soulless clowns and running last in your tipping comps because you watch one game a week.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
What do your "membership" dollars actually buy? And what happens if the Bears aren't re-admitted? A refund?

Seems a bit much asking for people to pay for an un-guaranteed promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.