What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It was actually held online. And it goes to show not only CC wants the team but the state does.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
lol at a survey held in a NSW paper showing a NSW team as favourite! Lets hold it in the West Australian and see the results.

the dailytelegraph are owned by the same company that owns couriermail, the gold coast bulletin, cairns post, the Australian, the advertiser, Sun herald, the mercury and Sunday times. All from different states, all had the poll shown online on their respected sites.

Perth Red

Post Whore
really? I didn't see it on the PerthNow website, mind you Rl gets as much coverage as two up so I'm not surprised!

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
really? I didn't see it on the PerthNow website, mind you Rl gets as much coverage as two up so I'm not surprised!

Yeah, it was a viral survey which was posted not only on the Daily Telegraph but also on the Courier Mail, The Cairns Post, The Gold Coast & Townsville Bulletin's, The Advertiser, The Mercury, Herald Sun, The Australian & The Sunday Times since all news publications are owned by the same media company. I posted NSW's Daily Telegraph link to the article & survey results but could have easily posted QLD's Courier Mail link instead. The results across all newspapers websites are the same, since again, all are owned by the same company.

In saying all that, the link to the poll on the TDT website was more evident then on any other website.

Courier Mail link (QLD)
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/fans-lose-faith-in-finchs-men/story-e6frep5x-1225911268947

Herald Sun link (Vic)
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/fans-lose-faith-in-finchs-men/story-e6frfgbo-1225911268947

I think the links to other publications are dead by now.

bobmar28

Bench
FFS, your thick because you have this opinion that Sydney cant have any more teams because it already 8.5 teams. The amount of teams is irrelevant if the teams are sustainable and competitive. Sydney doesn't need less teams just better management, and the threat of clubs folding is forcing clubs to hire better people.

We have a market in Sydney thats split by 8.5, rather then having less splits, why not grow the market? Yeah?

Your thinking is negative.

As for the Bears, they are a Central Coast team with connections to North Sydney, that brings in untapped money and represents an un-represented RL area.

Of the 3 realistic bids on the table, they are most guaranteed to survive and are most guaranteed to be free from NRL support sooner then any other team.

Stop looking at it as "Sydney doesn't need another team", look at it as "the competition needs 2 more teams, who's ready?"

If Ipswich is ready then it should be Perth and Ipswich.

Perth Red

Post Whore
not ready, doubt they will be, Bears have done the hard yards and deserve a shot along with Reds. That's if they do actually decide to expand.

Jets and Wellington for next round.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade

VIDEO FOOTAGE
http://soulstream1.sptel.com.au/NBN_News/cckeneallybears3008.wmv
(they say 1800 members in the news clip, however we have 2500 members, check www.centralcoastbears.com.au for updates!!)

Great news. Here come the Bears! HERE COME THE BEARS!!!

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
frick, wish our Govt would give us $100k. Mind you I doubt the non RL tax payers would be that impressed!

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
frick, wish our Govt would give us $100k. Mind you I doubt the non RL tax payers would be that impressed!

I knew there was a big announcement coming today but had no idea it was this. Flo did a good job keeping this one quiet even from us members haha :D

Every cent helps our cause. Though some current clubs might be a bit ticked off that the NSW Gov. have spent money on a bid team yet spent nothing on re-developing sub-standard stadiums. Eg. Brookie.

I'm happier then a little boy with battle scars atm.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Though some current clubs might be a bit ticked off that the NSW Gov. have spent money on a bid team yet spent nothing on re-developing sub-standard stadiums. Eg. Brookie.

So, with a sub-standard ground and no money, Manly still passed the criteria in 1999. What a joke.

macavity

Referee
NSW state govt gives the Mariners $10mil, the Bears $100k....... and threatens to bankrupt the Knights over a valid stadium dispute.

It really is time for the Hunter and Northern NSW to form our own state. We will keep our coal royalties that prop the rest of you up, and you get to keep the money pit that is Sydney, and the pork barrel by the sea that is Gosford.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
NSW state govt gives the Mariners $10mil, the Bears $100k....... and threatens to bankrupt the Knights over a valid stadium dispute.

It really is time for the Hunter and Northern NSW to form our own state. We will keep our coal royalties that prop the rest of you up, and you get to keep the money pit that is Sydney, and the pork barrel by the sea that is Gosford.

The Central Coast BEARS bid have made it clear from the start that it's important to lobby our idea, our business and our potential franchise to not only possible Sponsors and community based businesses but also the local councils and state Government. This momentum that we are on is an amazing wave, everything has been detailed and planned for months/years now. Now the results we are seeing is the initiative that's been taken.

This is the result of hardwork and plenty of preparation. Too many NRL teams stick to themselves and stay in their comfort zone. The CCBEARS will break those boundaries to ensure a successful future for the franchise.

It's also important to realize that all these grants, sponsorship dollars and influx of money isn't from handshake agreements. It's from real contracts, real progression. Real cheques, signed on the dotted line, delivered and put into action.

And there's even more announcements to come.

macavity

Referee
This is the result of hardwork and plenty of preparation. Too many NRL teams stick to themselves and stay in their comfort zone. The CCBEARS will break those boundaries to ensure a successful future for the franchise.

:lol:

Don't kid yourself. This is the result of the CC being full of marginal seats.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Don't kid himself?

You clearly wouldn't have the foggiest as to the amount of work the Bears bid team (and the Mariners regarding their CoE for that matter) if you think it was solely based on marginalism and votes. There's no doubt that was a factor but to say it was solely the result of that belittles the enormous effort gone to by the administration of both the Bears and the Mariners.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
:lol:

Don't kid yourself. This is the result of the CC being full of marginal seats.

You have no clue about what's happening with the Central Coast BEARS bid or how the hard work has been progressing over the last few years. I do. I've made it my business to know what's happening, I've made it my business to constantly stay in contact with the CCBEARS bid team. My life has revolved around the Central Coast BEARS bid during the last 3 or so years.

Why would I kid about something that means a lot to me? Like I said, you have no clue about this matter. Next time ask instead of assuming.

Goddo

Bench

The old New England arguement? why not, I'd advocate getting rid of state governments all together.

If Ipswich had a bid as well organised as the Bears, Perth and Ipswich would be it. But they aren't ready, Central Qld has a lot of faults as does PNG (who won't be ready until 2015 anyway).

Which leaves the Bears and Perth. But the Bears will have consequences. The Bears will harm Manly long term, and might just kill Cronulla off in the shorter term.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts