What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Fancy Zorba yesterday morning supporting a CC team, but ONLY if they are a 100percent CC team and have nothing to do with the old Bears territory.

These Manly f**kers are paranoid and so they should be.

Zorba is one of the guys at Manly that want Manly to relocate to Gosford (again).

The positive for Zorba - he realises what a classless sh*thole Brokeback Oval is PLUS how thick the Manly fans are.

the negative for Zorba - he is a grotesque fat charmless Manly scum with no redeeming features.

sharko

Juniors
There is a nice burger joint in Gosford..Zorba probably wants to load up there for a few hours..what a sight that great lump of lard would be stuffing burgers into his mouth and spouting rubbish at the smae time..be like Bedlam in the old days!

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
This weekend we signed 205 new members taking our total to 3713 financial members. Great work Central Coast Bears and welcome aboard all new members. Your contributions are the heart of this bid. Go the Bears!!

Let me repeat that again 3713 financial members

Last edited:

to_ddeath

Coach
This weekend we signed 205 new members taking our total to 3706 financial members. Great work Central Coast Bears and welcome aboard all new members. Your contributions are the heart of this bid. Go the Bears!!

Let me repeat that again 3706 financial members

Well done RBB!!
I got shot down listing a sh*tload of reasons on another thread re-expansion recently why you guys should be brought back in first, and this news is awesome to read to be honest.
I always thought your area was the next natural progression for the NRL to start from, & you have not only the population there willing to support the club, it's also an area of major growth both residentially and also
commercially.
May you continue to get more & more memberships, and may the Bears return in one form or another to play League at the top level again as soon as possible.
Best of luck from now until 2013.

T.

Talons

Juniors
Zorba is one of the guys at Manly that want Manly to relocate to Gosford (again).

The positive for Zorba - he realises what a classless sh*thole Brokeback Oval is PLUS how thick the Manly fans are.

the negative for Zorba - he is a grotesque fat charmless Manly scum with no redeeming features.

I was going to make a derogatory response to your ravings but just knowing you are consumed by such blind hatred made me realise you are only worthy of pity...your actually very amusing :lol:

adamkungl

Immortal
There sure are some wankers on the CC...i've bagged them before for not supporting games taken up there (they should be supporting ANY NRL games played up there if they want a team), but take a look at the most recent Bears article on the dailytelegraph website. The comments are full of selfish, whinging "We want our OWN identity not a washed up Sydney club". FFS, there is no other bid, and never will be. Where are all these people that don't want the Bears there? Sooking at their computers rather than creating their own bid or supporting other NRL sides that waste their time and annoy their own fans bringing games to the CC, obviously.

BunniesMan

Immortal
There sure are some wankers on the CC...i've bagged them before for not supporting games taken up there (they should be supporting ANY NRL games played up there if they want a team), but take a look at the most recent Bears article on the dailytelegraph website. The comments are full of selfish, whinging "We want our OWN identity not a washed up Sydney club". FFS, there is no other bid, and never will be. Where are all these people that don't want the Bears there? Sooking at their computers rather than creating their own bid or supporting other NRL sides that waste their time and annoy their own fans bringing games to the CC, obviously.
Completely agree. While I do think there is a strong level of support on the CC amongst the sane portion of the public, there are some morons with that attitude, somehow they think they're in a position to choose between competing bids. For the CC it's the Bears or it's nothing. They should embrace the history they will get to be part of rather than foolishly fight against it. I'm optimistic though and I think the majority of people in that area aren't idiots.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Completely agree. While I do think there is a strong level of support on the CC amongst the sane portion of the public, there are some morons with that attitude, somehow they think they're in a position to choose between competing bids. For the CC it's the Bears or it's nothing. They should embrace the history they will get to be part of rather than foolishly fight against it. I'm optimistic though and I think the majority of people in that area aren't idiots.

Another thing:
I'm no expert on physics or construction, but I'm pretty sure that many tonnes of iron, steel, cement, bricks and glass did not all decide "let's get together and build ourselves into a stadium at Gosford". It was the Bears that spent teh effort, money and time to give teh central coast a chance to have an NRL team.

However, most CC people realise this. it's only the Manly scum who realise what a powerhouse the CC Bears will be - especially compared to their own team which is going from weakness to weakness. Face it - Max Delmege has scarpered and their front man is Peter "jabba" Peters. Manly are imploding - and the growing likelihood of the CC Bears in the NRL has got them scared sh*tless.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
I was going to make a derogatory response to your ravings but just knowing you are consumed by such blind hatred made me realise you are only worthy of pity...your actually very amusing :lol:

Uneducated Manly scum - typical of the lowlife slumming around Brokeback Oval.

Brutus

Referee
Another thing:
I'm no expert on physics or construction, but I'm pretty sure that many tonnes of iron, steel, cement, bricks and glass did not all decide "let's get together and build ourselves into a stadium at Gosford". It was the Bears that spent teh effort, money and time to give teh central coast a chance to have an NRL team.

However, most CC people realise this. it's only the Manly scum who realise what a powerhouse the CC Bears will be - especially compared to their own team which is going from weakness to weakness. Face it - Max Delmege has scarpered and their front man is Peter "jabba" Peters. Manly are imploding - and the growing likelihood of the CC Bears in the NRL has got them scared sh*tless.

So true. Peters sounded like a paranoid gallute on the weekend, saying that he didn't have a problem with a CC team , but they had to cut all ties with the north of Sydney, because that area was now shared between the Tigers and Manly.

Zorba sounds a tad scared and with good reason. The Bears could spell the end for Manly down the track.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Well done RBB!!
I got shot down listing a sh*tload of reasons on another thread re-expansion recently why you guys should be brought back in first, and this news is awesome to read to be honest.
I always thought your area was the next natural progression for the NRL to start from, & you have not only the population there willing to support the club, it's also an area of major growth both residentially and also
commercially.
May you continue to get more & more memberships, and may the Bears return in one form or another to play League at the top level again as soon as possible.
Best of luck from now until 2013.

T.

Cheers mate. We appreciate any and all support we receive. I made a mistake, its actually 3713 financial members.

It's important for the Central Coast Bears bid to just keep doing what they're doing. Keep actively initiating community involved programs and membership drives. Keep up appearances in the community and with the locals. Embrace the rugby league culture and build on everything.

The Central Coast Bears are focused on delivering to the locals residing on the central coast and north shore a team of their own. Based, managed, training and playing on the coast @ Erina & Bluetongue. We have received much great support from many including sponsors and local businesses. The community has been magnificent and are the backbone of the memberships drives which consistently happen all weekend at various places on the central coast & north shore (80% on the coast) each week. Then there's the members themselves with each one putting in their hard earned.

The CCBears success with their merchandise brand has upgraded to it being available at Best&Less. Yes, the "in store" products are predominately purchasable in store on the coast & north shore. BUT, they are also available at any Best&Less in Australia. The company is more than happy to send the merchandise (no obligation to buy) to any other stores in Australia.

There's so much more though, I'd be here for 2 hours typing it all up!

So on that note I suggest any one who has had a bad word to say about this bid to at least check the CCBEARS homesite @ www.centralcoastbears.com.au where you will find all the information about this bid in depth also where you will be able to contact any of the bid team for any questions you might have.

Last edited:

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
The next Central Coast Bears membership drives are @

Ducks for Bucks @ The Entrace
WHEN: Sat 27th November, 12pm-7pm

Central Coast Bears Presidents Cup Grand Final
WHEN: Sun 28th November from 12pm
WHERE: Avoca Bowling Club

Talons

Juniors
Uneducated Manly scum - typical of the lowlife slumming around Brokeback Oval.

Is that honestly your best shot, you insecure little man.
Please carry on with your latent homosexual Brokeback jokes - what other little secrets would you care to reveal to the masses.:lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

As the old saying goes - the dissenting minority is always the loudest. I don't see 3,715 comments from people against the Bears... I see 3,715 members.

For the record, the people I hear asking for our own identity are often the ones from the northern part of the Coast and even Lake Macquarie - usually Knights fans who see it as a threat.

The bit about the history is correct. It is not a successful history but there is one there that should be embraced.

I know there is no such thing as having a second team to follow. But the Bears will pick up neutral support particularly at away games in sydney early on in the existence. Because people will associated them with the romance of having the bears back.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
No such thing as a second team to follow?

I'm a Bulldogs supporter but I'll be purchasing a full season Bears membership when they're admitted and will cheer them for 22-23 of their 24 games, because the region deserves a successful team.

The only time they'll earn my disdain will be when they face the mighty blue or white.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The bit about the history is correct. It is not a successful history but there is one there that should be embraced.

I know there is no such thing as having a second team to follow. But the Bears will pick up neutral support particularly at away games in sydney early on in the existence. Because people will associated them with the romance of having the bears back.

No such thing as a second team to follow?

I'm a Bulldogs supporter but I'll be purchasing a full season Bears membership when they're admitted and will cheer them for 22-23 of their 24 games, because the region deserves a successful team.

The only time they'll earn my disdain will be when they face the mighty blue or white.
I can't say I'll be a Bears fan, but I'll certainly want them to win any game Souths aren't involved in. Out of the whole superleague/rationalisation/merger era of rugby league, the only team that has any idea hwo Souths were treated are the Bears. A foundation club taken advantage of, used and spat out by Manly. And that only happened because of the illegal process of "rationalisation" News ltd and the NRL came up with.

As well as having a lot of pain in common in our recent history, it'll be nice to have a fellow foundation club running around the league that isn't Easts.I'll wish them a lot of success. Or as much success as you can get losing GF's to Souths.

bobmar28

Bench
As the old saying goes - the dissenting minority is always the loudest. I don't see 3,715 comments from people against the Bears... I see 3,715 members.

For the record, the people I hear asking for our own identity are often the ones from the northern part of the Coast and even Lake Macquarie - usually Knights fans who see it as a threat.

If the CC is going to have a team of their own for the next expansion it has to be the Bears IMO. However I think QLD needs a team before you guys and WA Reds will put the NATIONAL in the NRL.

Brutus

Referee

I think the Bears' poor history works in the club's favour.

Imagine if they finally win the comp?? It will be a first for the CC and a long-time coming for the long-suffering North Sydney section of the fanbase. A bit like what the Swans tried to manufacture when they won the comp a few years back, playing on the old South Melbourne aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts