What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Don't worry CCBEARS supporters. We've been dealt with blow after blow over the last 2 decades and we will keep fighting. This will only make the Central Coast Bears stronger. By the end of year's end you will see even more sponsorships and memberships materialize .

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
The Bears deserve to get in just for their jersey design alone.

Great colours.

I'd say for all the people who are screaming out for a team, all the sponsors who want to invest in our game and the cc through the CCBears. All the members who have paid hard earned cash. All the kids who have seen the possibility of a local team of their own with local heroes. All the Bears fans who just want their team back and in return will start followng the nrl again.

We have the business plan.
We have major sponsors.
We have local business sponsors.
We have foundation members ($5000 pp).
We have over 4100 memberships and growing.
We have the juniors.
We have the population.
We have a stadium.
We have the local interest.
We have plans on how to grow the NRL pie.
We have supporters and fans ready.
We have identity.
We are ready.

babyg

Juniors
Clubs opinion should be taken on board but in now way should they be the ones deciding any of this stuff. I nearly had a heart attack on the train when I saw 2015 mentioned as the expanion date.

BuffaloRules

Coach
What should happen is that when they negotiate the TV deal they should ask the Networks what is your price if we expand to

1) Perth & 2nd Brisbane
2) Perth & CC
3) CC & 2nd Brisbane

If they get another say $20-30 Mil a year for one option rather than the other, then they can at least weigh this up...

Its not that hard is it?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'd say for all the people who are screaming out for a team, all the sponsors who want to invest in our game and the cc through the CCBears. All the members who have paid hard earned cash. All the kids who have seen the possibility of a local team of their own with local heroes. All the Bears fans who just want their team back and in return will start followng the nrl again.

We have the business plan.
We have major sponsors.
We have local business sponsors.
We have foundation members ($5000 pp).
We have over 4100 memberships and growing.
We have the juniors.
We have the population.
We have a stadium.
We have the local interest.
We have plans on how to grow the NRL pie.
We have supporters and fans ready.
We have identity.
We are ready.
R&BB, love your passion but do you have to pour it on so thick? We get it - you and others are doing a lot of work to see your club get back in the comp. A lot of people would be happy for the bears if that happened. Well done on posting updates on where the bears are at and good luck in the future but update us rather than bludgeon us with the bears for 2013 stick.

BunniesMan

Immortal
R&BB, love your passion but do you have to pour it on so thick? We get it - you and others are doing a lot of work to see your club get back in the comp. A lot of people would be happy for the bears if that happened. Well done on posting updates on where the bears are at and good luck in the future but update us rather than bludgeon us with the bears for 2013 stick.
To be fair, this thread is about the Bears.

babyg

Juniors
What should happen is that when they negotiate the TV deal they should ask the Networks what is your price if we expand to

1) Perth & 2nd Brisbane
2) Perth & CC
3) CC & 2nd Brisbane

If they get another say $20-30 Mil a year for one option rather than the other, then they can at least weigh this up...

Its not that hard is it?

Not sure if it's that simple. Expanding now is really laying the groundwork for the next TV deal. The new teams will really only be providing extra content for paytv in this deal but I think the new teams will have to prove they rate in the new markets before the networks will pay the pay bucks.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Not sure if it's that simple. Expanding now is really laying the groundwork for the next TV deal. The new teams will really only be providing extra content for paytv in this deal but I think the new teams will have to prove they rate in the new markets before the networks will pay the pay bucks.

I think it will be an opportunity for the FTA networks to value what a second Brisbane team brings to the table. Think of all the additional times that this second team will be shown live into RL's second biggest market on a Friday night, or on a 1 hour delay on a Sunday arvo....

Also,we talk about the value of Perth to Pay TV in opening up a new time slot for live RL at either 9.30pm East Coast time or Sunday night at 6pm East Coast time.

This must be worth something.

It seems to me that CC are the AFL's Tasmania... a mature market already watching the game that the AFL are not really keen on expanding to...

Not sure how much extra CC is worth to TV networks.....

I know that the CC cheer squad will tell us that the North Sydney Bears were the 2nd most watched team in the 90's.... What that means for Central Coast in 2013 I'm not quite sure...

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
I think it will be an opportunity for the FTA networks to value what a second Brisbane team brings to the table. Think of all the additional times that this second team will be shown live into RL's second biggest market on a Friday night, or on a 1 hour delay on a Sunday arvo....

Also,we talk about the value of Perth to Pay TV in opening up a new time slot for live RL at either 9.30pm East Coast time or Sunday night at 6pm East Coast time.

It seems to me that CC are the AFL's Tasmania... a mature market already watching the game that the AFL are not really keen on expanding to...

Not sure how much extra CC is worth to TV networks.....

I know that the CC cheer squad will tell us that the North Sydney Bears were the 2nd most watched team in the 90's.... What that means for Central Coast in 2013 I'm not quite sure...

bullsh*t.
All these pissant pseudo-psychological reasons for NOT including a CC Bears team.

No other sport in the world would treat one of its clubs and key regions the way the Bears and the central coast have been treated.

Rugby league is a sport that looks good on TV but it pays its players peanuts compared to global sports, its club memberships are a joke and it its global presence is next to zero - after 100+ years.

A sport like this needs to maximise its core areas - like the central coast - and it has to respect its origins (like the Bears). But the senseless, pathetic argument about "CC bears or not CC Bears" is dishonest and shows rugby league up as an amateur operation.

I have no confdence in the CC Bears being admitted because the decision makers are either incompetent or corrupt or both. I don't believe this will ever change.

Quidgybo

Bench

Not just to Pay TV. If the new anti syphoning rules have the predicted effect of forcing Nine to show Friday night matches no later than 9.30pm in Melbourne and 7.30pm in Perth, then the Storm and Reds are about to become very valuable to them. You only need to look at the ratings in Melbourne between a Grand Final with the Storm and one without to see the massive difference a local team can make for coverage in a frontier market. In a situation where the FTA station wouldn't show matches in early slots unless forced, showing matches involving local teams is the one way open to prop up ratings and minimize the impact on advertising revenue.

Leigh

BuffaloRules

Coach
bullsh*t.
All these pissant pseudo-psychological reasons for NOT including a CC Bears team.

No other sport in the world would treat one of its clubs and key regions the way the Bears and the central coast have been treated.

Rugby league is a sport that looks good on TV but it pays its players peanuts compared to global sports, its club memberships are a joke and it its global presence is next to zero - after 100+ years.

A sport like this needs to maximise its core areas - like the central coast - and it has to respect its origins (like the Bears). But the senseless, pathetic argument about "CC bears or not CC Bears" is dishonest and shows rugby league up as an amateur operation.

I have no confdence in the CC Bears being admitted because the decision makers are either incompetent or corrupt or both. I don't believe this will ever change.

Pissant psuedo- pyshological reasons that you never try to refute logically.

You just play the emotion card every time.

Unfortunately money makes the world go round.

Whether you like it or not, the NRL needs to maximise its earnings to keep their elite players, develop new players and promote the game against cashed up rivals....

Whilst I agree that the Bears/CC have been treated unfairly in the past, unfortunately if other expansion candidates bring in more money through TV rights for the overall betterment of the game, then I think that any new IC will elect to bring them into the comp in place of the Bears.

To do otherwise would be a breach of their professional duty...

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
NBN and Prime are both sponsors of Central Coast Bears. Two different regional TV channels associated with 9 and 7 respectedly.

Obviously they wouldn't be on board with the CCBears if they saw no potential in the bid and market. Food for thought.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Whilst it is annoying that clubs are getting too much of a say. I still remain confident the Bears will be back they are ticking all the right boxes and now just need to wat for the league to make it official after the new TV deal.

Bears and Reds will be in in 2013.

Last edited:

dgsfan

Juniors
NBN and Prime are both sponsors of Central Coast Bears. Two different regional TV channels associated with 9 and 7 respectedly.

Obviously they wouldn't be on board with the CCBears if they saw no potential in the bid and market. Food for thought.

NBN and Prime do not bid on the rights. Of course the bid would be good for the central coast area, including its local broadcasters, but the benefit to the league as a whole is small compared to the Reds and a SEQLD bid. Nine sponsor the Broncos and Melbourne (surprisingly), NBN the Knights and WIN the Dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts