What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

_MayMoo 2

Juniors
So say if a Blacktown bid started now for inclusion in a 2020 expanded comp we should give it to them just because they will have tried so hard, they're in a RL stronghold and because the have a lot of sponsors? I don't think that's how it works and hopefully the people up top see it that way.

Ridiculous analogy.

If say Parramatta had been encouraged to relocate to Blacktown but went broke in the process and got booted...

Then folded leaving no Parramatta and no Blacktown.

Then amazingly to some, all the Parra fans didn't just start following Penrith or someone else.

But the Blacktown Eels kept building a stronger bid to get back into the comp. A bid with a heap of strenghts, including bringing back a lot of lost fans - Then you may be a bit closer.

dgsfan

Juniors
I used Blacktown because it's a RL stronghold and because Timmah said we should include any strong bid no matter where it is if it helps kill of any weaker teams surrounding them.

chefman21

Juniors
Central Coast and Perth are my two favourites, with the ones that are close but miss out get a NYC team to build members, sponsorships and exposure with a view to full expansion in 2015/2016.

So say if a Blacktown bid started now for inclusion in a 2020 expanded comp we should give it to them just because they will have tried so hard, they're in a RL stronghold and because the have a lot of sponsors? I don't think that's how it works and hopefully the people up top see it that way.

errr,

Drive from Blacktown to Parramatta.

Then drive from Manly to Gosford.

Then see if you picked up the flaw in your analogy.

hellteam

First Grade
Central Coast is one hour away from Sydney. FFS, why do we need another team there? It is ridiculous. I don't care how good your bid is, unless another Sydney team goes, it's a stupid idea.

mightybears

Bench
Central Coast is one hour away from Sydney. FFS, why do we need another team there? It is ridiculous. I don't care how good your bid is, unless another Sydney team goes, it's a stupid idea.

yeah and Ipswich is one hour from Brisbane, your point being?

Its a market that can sustain a team, its the best bid and its going to happen

dgsfan

Juniors
Can't wait for it not to happen, now. You guys can f**k off and follow AFL if you want. Fact is NSW has 10 teams out of 16 and you want to make it 11? What's the point? You will; just be taking support away from existing teams.

dgsfan

Juniors
Bears fans are being very arrogant about the bid. We all understand the CC can sustain a team, it's a RL stronghold. The reward of a CC team will only be seen in the CC region. As evident by the current CEOs a CC team will only cannibalize existing teams, which unlike Timmah seems to think is bad. It will add nothing to the overall comp except another mid-drawing team in NSW. Another QLD team will have a large impact on the TV rights, even out the NSW weight and increase local derbies in the game's highest drawing area. The Reds bid, whilst having an effect on the tv deal would also open up a new time-slot to broadcast games.

I ask you CC Bears fans, what will your bid provide the game?

dgsfan

Juniors
Bears fans are being very arrogant about the bid. We all understand the CC can sustain a team, it's a RL stronghold. The reward of a CC team will only be seen in the CC region. As evident by the current CEOs a CC team will only cannibalize existing teams, which unlike Timmah seems to think is bad. It will add nothing to the overall comp except another mid-drawing team in NSW. Another QLD team will have a large impact on the TV rights, even out the NSW weight and increase local derbies in the game's highest drawing area. The Reds bid, whilst having an effect on the tv deal would also open up a new time-slot to broadcast games.

I ask you CC Bears fans, what will your bid provide the game?

errr,

Any new team will cannabalise existing teams.

Remember the Titans?

As a Tigers fan do you think I was happy to see Prince and Laffranchi go?

Newy v CC is a pretty decent local derby. Perth v who is going to be a derby?

Having said that, for the reasons you mentioned dgsfan, I want Perth to be one of the new teams.

And as for Queensland, the moment they can agree to where a new team will be located, I'll listen.

dgsfan

Juniors
Brisbane's crowds are the highest they've been in years. I think the current CEOs have a little more information than we do, and if they feel that a CC team would negatively effect other NSW teams then I don't think they should be admitted.

Sure, CC has the best bid atm, but the NRL hasn't even asked for bids yet. A rumour was going around that submissions would be called for mid next year. Bears fans have counted their eggs before they have hatched, I feel, and those eggs will soon be over all of their faces soon enough.

Another point is that there's 300,000 people on the Central Coast. I think that if they miss out again, we can forget the whole area. I don't see any way that they'll go through this again.

adamkungl

Immortal
lol, a 2nd Brisbane team would cannibalise the Broncos far more than CC would cannibalise any Sydney club.

ffs one of the main arguments used for another Brisbane team is so the Broncos don't have a 1 town monopoly

simpletons.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Brisbane's crowds are the highest they've been in years. I think the current CEOs have a little more information than we do, and if they feel that a CC team would negatively effect other NSW teams then I don't think they should be admitted.
Code:
Sure, CC has the best bid atm, but the NRL hasn't even asked for bids yet. A rumour was going around that submissions would be called for mid next year. Bears fans have counted their eggs before they have hatched, I feel, and those eggs will soon be over all of their faces soon enough.

Wrong. The NRL has set a June date for bid submissions, however the WAReds and CCBears are submitting theirs at the end of March. That doesn't mean we'll stop then. We'll continue our membership drives and community engagement for a long time after that date I assure you. There is an entire thread worth of reasons why the CCBears should be in the NRL and what they will provide the game. Read some of it.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I used Blacktown because it's a RL stronghold and because Timmah said we should include any strong bid no matter where it is if it helps kill of any weaker teams surrounding them.
Do you understand the difference between a bid and a location?

A strong bid is where all the boxes have been ticked - business plan, memberships, stadium, junior nursery, community engagement etc etc. Blacktown has none of that, and is within 20-30 minutes of both Parra and Penrith.

Brisbane's crowds might be "the highest they've been in years" but already the Cowboys' and Titans' crowds are both well down in the last season or two compared to five years ago.

Given the much smaller population in Queensland, one is entitled to ask if indeed a Queensland team won't cannibalise existing support as is the concern in New South Wales.

The argument for not allowing the cannibalisation of a team is bizarre also.

Surely it is in the best interests of Rugby League to have strong clubs. If the Bears come in and are strong, and a weak team falls by the wayside as a result... is that really that bad?

dgsfan

Juniors
So CC fans are holding the NRL ransom now, are they? Give us a team or we won't support you anymore. FFS grow up. You're in an area that already supports RL in a state that has over 60% of the current teams.

You guys keep sating they have everything, but what can the give the competition, other than another NSW team averaging 16,000?

Timmah, that is probably the most geniused thing I have ever heard. Let's add an 11th NSW team so we can weaken another one to the negate the expansion in the first place. You're a f**king moron for a Bulldogs fan.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm torn, as an expansionist I want to see the NRL grow in new areas, as an NRL fan I can see that a 2nd Brisbane side would probably be the most valuable of any bids from TV rights point of view, as a RL fan the Bears have been well stiffed and have done everything you can possibly hope in terms of putting together a succesful bid and deserve a shot and shouldn't be denied by too many weak Sydney clubs argument.

I guess in hindsight the Bears targetting Q'land instead of Gosford for readmission would have been the best outcome maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts