What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Maher

Immortal
All those TV figures show is the self-obsessed parochialism of Queenslanders.

Actually, on closer inspection, the drop off of Sydney viewers for the Queensland derby in round 1 was pretty much the same as the other weeks when at least one Sydney team was playing (except good old St. Merge, who had a much smaller drop off - guess our fans are that much more dedicated). It was also equal to the best result Brisbane managed (for the Tits vs Purple Scum game).

Just goes to show that NSW fans love Rugby League, while Queensland fans love licking their own balls.

Last edited:

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Where would a south west QLD team go? Charleville? Cunnamulla?

Why don't we ask the people of QLD if they would rather have a fourth team in their state or an eleventh for NSW.

I'm a person in qld and I want the ccbears. Matter of fact everyone I know in qld wants the ccbears over Ipswich or central qld and that's including people that live in Ipswich. Next..

jim_57

Staff member
I'm a person in qld and I want the ccbears. Matter of fact everyone I know in qld wants the ccbears over Ipswich or central qld and that's including people that live in Ipswich. Next..

Rubbish! you (and your friends by the sounds of it) are very much the exception. I only know of one Queenslander who would like to see the Bears over Ipswich but and MAYBE CQ, he's a CQ based ex-Bears supporter. The rest either prefer CQ or Ipswich given their location and most don't even know about the Bears plans to re-enter being casual supporters who don't spend every day on a forum like me or you.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Where would a south west QLD team go? Charleville? Cunnamulla?

Why don't we ask the people of QLD if they would rather have a fourth team in their state or an eleventh for NSW.
Rubbish! you (and your friends by the sounds of it) are very much the exception. I only know of one Queenslander who would like to see the Bears over Ipswich but and MAYBE CQ, he's a CQ based ex-Bears supporter. The rest either prefer CQ or Ipswich given their location and most don't even know about the Bears plans to re-enter being casual supporters who don't spend every day on a forum like me or you.

Queenslanders wanting a Queensland team?

:eek:

What a revelation! I'm stunned.

Bro Bear

Juniors
I cannot understand the logic of some posters on this forum.

Playing all home games at Gosford bar one at NSO does not make them a Central Coast team but still a North Sydney based club. Well ??????????? Well I believe it makes them a Central Coast club with ties to the North Shore of Sydney.

With this logic

Souths playing one game at Perth makes them a WA team
Manly plays at Gosford as does other clubs makes them a Coast team; why these clubs shift their games to Gosford they know the supporters on the coast will go to the games. So these clubs are not real Manly, Newcastle, Sydney Roosters etc. I believe they are playing one game away from their home base just not change their identity.

Like Days of Our Lives explaining to some people - pull your head out of the sand.

GWS Giants is a threat to Rugby League in Sydney. Central Coast has been crying out loud for the last decade for its own team - that team will be the CC Bears if the NRL has any logic.

Keep up the good work CC Bears Bid team.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Playing all home games at Gosford bar one at NSO does not make them a Central Coast team but still a North Sydney based club. Well ??????????? Well I believe it makes them a Central Coast club with ties to the North Shore of Sydney.

With this logic

Manly plays at Gosford as does other clubs makes them a Coast team; why these clubs shift their games to Gosford they know the supporters on the coast will go to the games. So these clubs are not real Manly, Newcastle, Sydney Roosters etc. I believe they are playing one game away from their home base just not change their identity.

Might it have something to do with the fact that they are called the bears like north sydney were, have a similar logo to north sydney's old one, propose to wear a red and black jersey like north sydney did, are maintaining ties with north sydney, constantly bitch about manly (Which is not a bad thing) like north sydney did/are/will or have supporters who used to support north sydney?

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Might it have something to do with the fact that they are called the bears like north sydney were, have a similar logo to north sydney's old one, propose to wear a red and black jersey like north sydney did, are maintaining ties with north sydney, constantly bitch about manly (Which is not a bad thing) like north sydney did/are/will or have supporters who used to support north sydney?
Code:
Doesn't change the fact that Bluetongue Stadium has Bears spelt out on seats around the ground. The significance of this? The Bears helped in the funding of the stadium, which is in Gosford on the Central Coast. The stadium is 11 years old. So it's not like the Bears suddendly decided to pack up and move there now. This has been a long process and after many attempts the Bears are part of the Central Coast. That doesn't mean we should also lose traditions. If the Central Coast Bears are in the unique position of being able to play 95% of their games at Bluetongue and the rest at NSO for an NRL match and a pre-season hit out. People shouldn't be so upset at that because it's great for the game overall.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Doesn't change the fact that Bluetongue Stadium has Bears spelt out on seats around the ground. The significance of this? The Bears helped in the funding of the stadium, which is in Gosford on the Central Coast. The stadium is 11 years old. So it's not like the Bears suddendly decided to pack up and move there now. This has been a long process and after many attempts the Bears are part of the Central Coast. That doesn't mean we should also lose traditions. If the Central Coast Bears are in the unique position of being able to play 95% of their games at Bluetongue and the rest at NSO for an NRL match and a pre-season hit out. People shouldn't be so upset at that because it's great for the game overall.
It is great and good luck to the bears. The reality is that people are always going to associate the CC bears with North Sydney. Which has good points but also bad ones.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
It is great and good luck to the bears. The reality is that people are always going to associate the CC bears with North Sydney. Which has good points but also bad ones.

True but people also associate the Broncos with the death of the BRL and in turn clubs like Valleys, Brothers and Wests which also had it's good points and bad ones.

And thanks for the support and opinions. Both criticism and on going support will make the bid all the better. The Central Coast Bears have listened to the community and responded to the NRL. We will keep fighting these 2 battles, to have a team on the Central Coast and the bring back the Bears and all their supporters.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
True but people also associate the Broncos with the death of the BRL and in turn clubs like Valleys, Brothers and Wests which also had it's good points and bad ones.

And thanks for the support and opinions. Both criticism and on going support will make the bid all the better. The Central Coast Bears have listened to the community and responded to the NRL. We will keep fighting these 2 battles, to have a team on the Central Coast and the bring back the Bears and all their supporters.
Good luck with your bid and hard work. Although I am not completely convinced on the bears I wish you well and hope for your sake, and for all the other bears supporters putting in that the bears roar on the coast in 2013.

bobmar28

Bench
Sharks and Rabbitohs makes the most sense.

The South Sydney Cronulla Rabbitohs playing out of Toyota Stadium in the merry christmas getup, with the sky blue as a change strip.

It isn't like the Buns play anywhere near their spiritual home anyway, and Cronulla is in South Sydney....

Similar length premiership droughts too.

you know it makes sense.

South Sydney Sharks?

bobmar28

Bench
Are you seriously comparing Canterbury and Ipswich? I'm not going to bother pointing out why that's stupid, everyone can see it.

Noone is for tearing down clubs. We just hate the idea of a strong, healthy and well managed club being kept out just to help out basket case clubs. Let in the bids that deserve it and will be strong in the NRL, and force the weaker clubs to improve themselves. THAT is the best thing for the NRL, if the weaker clubs are too incompetent to improve themselves then they have to look at options like relocating or merging.

Fail Troll is fail.

No, Ipswich would be way bigger than Canterbury.

bobmar28

Bench

With this logic

Like Days of Our Lives explaining to some people - pull your head out of the sand.

GWS Giants is a threat to Rugby League in Sydney. Central Coast has been crying out loud for the last decade for its own team - that team will be the CC Bears if the NRL has any logic.

Maybe they should be called the North Sydney Bears.

bobmar28

Bench

With this logic

And Gold Coast Suns are not a threat to rugby league in QLD?

Last edited:

Bro Bear

Juniors
Maybe they should be called the North Sydney Bears.

Well with this logic - Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs can be called the Adelaide Bulldogs since they play one game a season at Adelaide.

For the 1000th time - the CC Bears are to based at Gosford. Their junior base will include the current North Sydney area and Central Coast. They will play ALL their home games at Gosford except the heritage round which they will play against Manly at NSO.

Central Coast is a strong junior base of rugby league and should have its own team.

If many NSW clubs are worried about their themselves and not the future of the game then they should move some of thier games to other areas.

CQLD hasn't even got a stadium.

The other QLD bid hasn't even been launched offically.

WA Reds and CC Bears are the bids that have their act together.

Jason Maher

Immortal
So you think we need a second Gold Coast team to take on the Suns? Last I checked, Ipswich isn't on the Gold Coast.

You Queenslanders really are pathetic. You just cannot shake that gigantic chip off your shoulder. I mean, even jumping into bed with that swine Rupert Murdoch was an inviting prospect if it gave you a chance to get one those nasty people in Sydney. Never mind that the arsehole never gabe two knobs of goat sh*t about Rugby League, or anything other thn lining his own pockets even further. The game itself is of no import next to the perverse joy of watching Sydney clubs die.

The simple fact is that the Central Coast and Perth are light years ahead of any of the Queensland bids, and no amount of whining about 'there's too many clubs in NSW' will alter that fact. Add this to the fact the Bears and Reds shoud never have been kicked out in the first place, and it is really a no-brainer.

I want to see more teams in Queensland, especially in and around Brisbane, but the Bears and Reds deserve first shot. Also, it will be a significant challenge to crack the Broncos stranglehold on the Brisbane market. Neither the Broncos or the corporate sponsors who benefit from them being the only team in town are going to be very keen on diluting the market. The future projected growth of the Ipswiich region will one day overcome this, but not for another decade at least.

applesauce

Bench
Playing devils advocate here, Jason maher. The post you are referring to about the Gold Coast in relation to Ipswich, how close is Western Sydney to the CC?

My other point is the AFL can set up 2 bids through their own means without "bidders".
If a QLD team was to add that much more to the TV rights, then that allows however many millions of $$ extra to be added to a QLD bid/team which would could be set up by the ARLCL, if they decide they want to go that way.

I still am undecided about who the 2nd team should be (the CC or QLD4) but the bid process could play a very small role if the TV networks want something different and are willing to pay for it.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
So you think we need a second Gold Coast team to take on the Suns? Last I checked, Ipswich isn't on the Gold Coast.

You Queenslanders really are pathetic. You just cannot shake that gigantic chip off your shoulder. I mean, even jumping into bed with that swine Rupert Murdoch was an inviting prospect if it gave you a chance to get one those nasty people in Sydney. Never mind that the arsehole never gabe two knobs of goat sh*t about Rugby League, or anything other thn lining his own pockets even further. The game itself is of no import next to the perverse joy of watching Sydney clubs die.

The simple fact is that the Central Coast and Perth are light years ahead of any of the Queensland bids, and no amount of whining about 'there's too many clubs in NSW' will alter that fact. Add this to the fact the Bears and Reds shoud never have been kicked out in the first place, and it is really a no-brainer.

I want to see more teams in Queensland, especially in and around Brisbane, but the Bears and Reds deserve first shot. Also, it will be a significant challenge to crack the Broncos stranglehold on the Brisbane market. Neither the Broncos or the corporate sponsors who benefit from them being the only team in town are going to be very keen on diluting the market. The future projected growth of the Ipswiich region will one day overcome this, but not for another decade at least.

Judging the bids based on what is publicly known now instead of what we’ll know this time next year is like awarding the NRL premiership mid-season…

The NRL hasn’t even officially announced that they’re going to expand to 18 teams or called for bids yet. The Reds/Bears/Jets all deserve to be in the NRL, it’ll just come down to which two bids have the most of to offer the competition.

BunniesMan

Immortal

Agree with just about every word of this. And he's a dragons supporter...
Judging the bids based on what is publicly known now instead of what we’ll know this time next year is like awarding the NRL premiership mid-season…

The NRL hasn’t even officially announced that they’re going to expand to 18 teams or called for bids yet. The Reds/Bears/Jets all deserve to be in the NRL, it’ll just come down to which two bids have the most of to offer the competition.
It'll be all over and done with by "this time next year". I bet by mid 2011 we know the 2 teams that will join the comp in 2013. And it'll be Perth and CC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts