What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobmar28

Bench
So you think we need a second Gold Coast team to take on the Suns? Last I checked, Ipswich isn't on the Gold Coast.

You Queenslanders really are pathetic. You just cannot shake that gigantic chip off your shoulder. I mean, even jumping into bed with that swine Rupert Murdoch was an inviting prospect if it gave you a chance to get one those nasty people in Sydney. Never mind that the arsehole never gabe two knobs of goat sh*t about Rugby League, or anything other thn lining his own pockets even further. The game itself is of no import next to the perverse joy of watching Sydney clubs die.

The simple fact is that the Central Coast and Perth are light years ahead of any of the Queensland bids, and no amount of whining about 'there's too many clubs in NSW' will alter that fact. Add this to the fact the Bears and Reds shoud never have been kicked out in the first place, and it is really a no-brainer.

I want to see more teams in Queensland, especially in and around Brisbane, but the Bears and Reds deserve first shot. Also, it will be a significant challenge to crack the Broncos stranglehold on the Brisbane market. Neither the Broncos or the corporate sponsors who benefit from them being the only team in town are going to be very keen on diluting the market. The future projected growth of the Ipswiich region will one day overcome this, but not for another decade at least.

Ipswich is not on the Gold Coast but it is in QLD. A state that now has only 3 NRL teams to the AFL's 2 and really needs another team ahead of any more NSW teams.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
It'll be all over and done with by "this time next year". I bet by mid 2011 we know the 2 teams that will join the comp in 2013. And it'll be Perth and CC.

Love to see this.
But there is always the risk that Gallop will have a love-in with Canavan - like he did with Searle - and suddenly the CC Bears are told "gee, bad luck, come back in 12 years".

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
BEST & LESS LAKE HAVEN MEMBERSHIP DRIVE
WHEN:Thursday 9th December, 10:30am - 1:30pm
WHERE: Best & Less, Lake Haven Shopping Centre

BEST & LESS ERINA FAIR MEMBERSHIP DRIVE
WHEN:Thursday 9th December, 5pm-8pm
WHERE: Best & Less, Erina Fair Shopping Centre
PRIZE: Go in the draw to win an XBOX 360

These events are right now!!

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
2UE hosts Ray Hadley and Alan Jones did a live show from Gosford this morning where Alan Jones gave a huge plug to the Central Coast Bears. The Central Coast Bears has also finally secured offically regional status from the NRL meaning they are not and should never be considered a Sydney team, Something the Bears have been trying to achieve since the late 1990s.

carn the mighty cc bears!!

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
That's just silly. Do you know everyone in QLD?

Never said I did. I said everyone I know and to make a point sharper, I was at jets leagues club today in my ccbears jersey and got alot of great feedback. One particular patron said and I quote "how can Ipswich support an nrl team when we can barely support a qcup team? Are these blokes expecting endorsements and sponsors to rain down from the sky in 4 months?". I just shrugged my shoulders and said Redcliffe with all their money, property and juniors would struggle to crack the nrl and their light years ahead of the jets.

BDGS

Bench
And Gold Coast Suns are not a threat to rugby league in QLD?

The NRL have already stated that they are working closely with the Gold Coast Titans to help them out, they strong financially once again but in terms of marketing and advertising the NRL are working shoulder to shoulder with the Titans.

We need to strengthen the Titans and that will help overcome the AFL, not teams in a regional area no where near the GC or a team west of Brisbane.

What does the Suns have to do with West Brisbane or Central Queensland?
Are the Gold Coast Suns taking juniors from Central Queensland and west Brisbane like the GWS side is doing to North Sydney (and up) and the hills area?

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Another great membership drive tonight with more members signing up, we are closing in on 4300 as we speak. We might be losing traction on Internet forums but our momentum within the community has never been greater. We continue to try reach our goal of 5000 members without an actual team. The people of the Central Coast keep putting their money into this bid as we strive to deliver them their own NRL team.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Ipswich is not on the Gold Coast but it is in QLD. A state that now has only 3 NRL teams to the AFL's 2 and really needs another team ahead of any more NSW teams.

Well if it needs another team so badly, why can't it get a fair dinkum bid going, as opposed to the current half-baked ones? The Bears and Reds have been knocking for over a decade, and they have put in an awful lot of hard work to put up a bid that the NRL can't refuse. Queensland had the last go, and they more than likely will be up for the next round, but this is very definitely the Bears and Reds turn.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Well if it needs another team so badly, why can't it get a fair dinkum bid going, as opposed to the current half-baked ones? The Bears and Reds have been knocking for over a decade, and they have put in an awful lot of hard work to put up a bid that the NRL can't refuse. Queensland had the last go, and they more than likely will be up for the next round, but this is very definitely the Bears and Reds turn.

Over a decade? The Reds were only resurrected with the intention of applying for the NRL a few years ago (2006/2007? I seem to remember a thread here asking for input on what the team should be called and the Reds winning by a large majority) and the current Bears bid is different to the one that competed with the Titans and Orcas.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The work for our bid started at the end of 2004. In 2005 we got our first NRL game for a long time and the WARL have been building momentum since then. The "Reds" came back in 2006 with a team reformed for the Jim Beam cup in 2007. Really I would say 2005 was the time we made a committment to get the game back on its feet and get serious about putting ourselves in a position to make a decent bid.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I stand corrected on the times, though I'd contend there is a significant connection between the Bears bid that competed with the Tits aqnd the current one: NSDRLFC. And given the Norths planned to move to the Central Coast in the late 90s, and stumped up a significant amount of cash to get the stadium built (which I believe was completed in late 1999/early 2000), I think it's fair to characterise the effort to establish the Central Coast Bears as existing for a decade or more.

My main point still stands: the Bears and Reds have put in the hard yards, and don't deserve to be queue jumped by a johnny-come-lately, half-arsed, little brother syndrome inspired Queensland 'bid'.

bobmar28

Bench
Never said I did. I said everyone I know and to make a point sharper, I was at jets leagues club today in my ccbears jersey and got alot of great feedback. One particular patron said and I quote "how can Ipswich support an nrl team when we can barely support a qcup team? Are these blokes expecting endorsements and sponsors to rain down from the sky in 4 months?". I just shrugged my shoulders and said Redcliffe with all their money, property and juniors would struggle to crack the nrl and their light years ahead of the jets.

Queenslanders preferring an 11th NSW team ahead of a fourth for their own state. I'll believe that when I hear it with my own ears.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Hardwork doesn't always get you anything, except a truckload of disappointment. A lot of people have worked hard for a long time on a variety of capers, did they all get what they thought they deserved or wanted? No.

Good luck to the bears and their supporters, hopefully, for them, hard work pays off in this instance.

Last edited:

bobmar28

Bench
The work for our bid started at the end of 2004. In 2005 we got our first NRL game for a long time and the WARL have been building momentum since then. The "Reds" came back in 2006 with a team reformed for the Jim Beam cup in 2007. Really I would say 2005 was the time we made a committment to get the game back on its feet and get serious about putting ourselves in a position to make a decent bid.

WA must have a team in the NRL but NSW has too many already.

Goddo

Bench
I stand corrected on the times, though I'd contend there is a significant connection between the Bears bid that competed with the Tits aqnd the current one: NSDRLFC. And given the Norths planned to move to the Central Coast in the late 90s, and stumped up a significant amount of cash to get the stadium built (which I believe was completed in late 1999/early 2000), I think it's fair to characterise the effort to establish the Central Coast Bears as existing for a decade or more.

My main point still stands: the Bears and Reds have put in the hard yards, and don't deserve to be queue jumped by a johnny-come-lately, half-arsed, little brother syndrome inspired Queensland 'bid'.

It doesn't matter how long a bid has been going, only its quality and return to the competition - the Bears have been working for a long time and have a quality bid, but they don't have the financial windfall for RL that other options do (such as WA, QLD 4, NZ 2).

Now as soon as two of these better options look like very viable bids all the Bears fanatics are fretting. There is nothing half arsed about how Central Qld, Ipswich and Perth are going about it. Central Qld will miss out simply because they don't have enough people.

But Ipswich and Perth look more and more likely. Back to hoping the Sharkies fold for Bears fans.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It doesn't matter how long a bid has been going, only its quality and return to the competition - the Bears have been working for a long time and have a quality bid, but they don't have the financial windfall for RL that other options do (such as WA, QLD 4, NZ 2).

Now as soon as two of these better options look like very viable bids all the Bears fanatics are fretting. There is nothing half arsed about how Central Qld, Ipswich and Perth are going about it. Central Qld will miss out simply because they don't have enough people.

But Ipswich and Perth look more and more likely. Back to hoping the Sharkies fold for Bears fans.

You do realise the "membership drives" are usually 2 fat blokes and a lady sitting at a card table trying to sell Bears jerseys?

Hardly inspirinig stuff.

:lol: You can put a negative spin on anything you want with emotive sentences can't you?

The "2 fat blokes and a lady" at a card table are managing sometimes 200 members every weekend... for a club that is yet to lace a boot, that's a phenomenal effort and testament to the fact that the local people want the team here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts