What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bro Bear

Juniors
More good news for the Central Coast Bears.

The Central Coast Rugby League Management Committee would like to announce their support for the Central Coast Bears bid to join the NRL Competition in 2013.

We strongly believe that a successful bid by the Central Coast Bears in 2013 would be an asset to Central Coast Rugby League, both senior and junior competitions and open a pathway for all Central Coast Rugby League players and coaches to the NRL.

Therefore the CCDRL Management support the bid for the Central Coast Bears and will do whatever we can to assist in the Bears successful bid.

http://www.centralcoastbears.com.au/

Keep up the good work CC Bears and CCRL. The Coast are doing all their best and it is great to see.

Last edited:

bobmar28

Bench
I'm just curious, what will be your reaction to the news if at some point this year the NRL announces the Bears will be entering the comp in 2013? What will you have to say after devoting countless posts to hating on the Bears, and many of their bid's supporters.

I can answer that. It would be great. The wrong strategy imo but I would be looking forward to seeing the Bears and Reds in the NRL.

On the other hand I hope BNE2 and Ipswich Jets combine and submit a viable bid. That would be the best Outcome of all this and the perfect result. We'll just have to wait and see.

bluetongue_main_left.jpg

Australia Day Membership Drive.

Tomorrow we will be at the Gosford Waterfront Australia Day Celebrations from 8.30am- 4pm. This marks our 1 year anniversary of doing our membership drives in the community as this event was our very first membership drive 12 months ago. In the past year we have held membership drives all over the Central Coast and North Shore. A big thanks to everyone for your support in becoming members and also to our team of volunteers who work tirelessly and give up their time to make our dream become a reality.
See More Central Coast Bears

image.php

supera

Juniors
so who can give me a run down on the mortgage choice situation? is it a takeover?

im waiting to hear - id be happy to buy a membership
for a community owned club, but not for a privately owned.

Beowulf

Juniors
so who can give me a run down on the mortgage choice situation? is it a takeover?

We're all waiting! The format will be sorted over the next couple of weeks, but may take the form of part private, part public ownership. Ken Sayer has guaranteed $10m of private ownership in a friendly majority takeover (the % is uncertain).... add to that Leagues Club involvement, perhaps other private investors and perhaps a community float.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
That sucks for Bears fans. Glad my team is not privately owned.
It's the way of the future. It wouldn't surprise me if within 10 or 20 years every club is privately owned. Who cares, it's not about ownership, it's about footy, and whatever model gets things done. If for the Bears the best way to go forward is private ownership, there's nothing wrong with that.

ghee

Juniors

Supera

I had a brief telephone conversation today with a very senior CC Bears official. This person was returning my call of last week.

Unfortunately, I was at work when that person called and could not have a lengthy conversation, however, I've been given to understand that Mortgage House/Ken Sayer wish to underwrite the Bears in a similar fashion to what Nathan Tinkler is offering the Newcastle Knights. The figure of 10 million dollars has been quoted in the media, however an exact figure is yet to be decided on and is subject to scrutiny by CC Bears lawyers. If they give the thumbs-up, it will be up to CC Bears members to approve the deal.

Yes, it means some kind of (majority) ownership of the CC Bears, however Ken Sayer is a passionate Bears supporter and a director of the CC Bears and, if he is like Nathan Tinkler, he will be seeking to help build a community-based family-oriented club.

I am also aware that CC Bears members have been asked if they would be willing to become shareholders in the club. As a CC Bears member, I received a letter about this late last year. Again, I’m sorry as all this has occurred to me subsequent to today’s conversation.

However, it would appear that Mortgage House will have some kind of majority ownership of the club and, while I’m aware some people are not comfortable with this, I believe it is the way of the future.

I do hope this will not stop you becoming a member of the CC Bears. Having worked as a volunteer in a community-based organisation is the past, I understand that in spite of all the passion, without financial backing, your great cause can easily be lost.

Bummer for Bears fans :(

Will your Bear hating limits stoop to never ending levels?

It's not a bummer at all. It's actually good news and as an opportunist, I see many benefits with an ownership model built around 40% community and 60% corporate. I'll be happy. Don't try to stir stuff you have no understanding in.

so much for him actually putting 10m a year

No one ever said he would. It was always $10m for majority shareholder, which seems about right. The community based members will still have a powerful voice, as will the other corporate sections that will eat into that % of ownership.

Not sure why you and the other bloke think it's a bad thing, quite the opposite actually, it's a great thing as it secures resources and another revenue stream. There are other sponsors on board and other wealthy members too. He has simply offered to put the most into the club per say,

you guys have always said that you had a sponsor will to put in 10m, when the license was granted, now it seems he will guarentee upto 10m a year for part ownership.
Very different things.

That sucks for Bears fans. Glad my team is not privately owned.

I'd like to personally thank you for contributing 140 replies to this thread (the 4th highest poster in this thread) and consistently bumping up the thread, therefore giving the Central Coast Bears that extra exposure.

Its dedication like this that will get the Central Coast Bears across the line.

you guys have always said that you had a sponsor will to put in 10m, when the license was granted, now it seems he will guarentee upto 10m a year for part ownership.
Very different things.

Put up the quote where anyone has said that. Because I remember personally posting the news articles in relation to this and hadn't actually given an opinion until only recently. I'm pretty sure the straws have finished.. clutching into thin air is never a good sign of ones mental health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts