What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghee

Juniors
The Mortgage House deal will guarantee the financial security of the CC Bears into the future...this is very good news for the club and not a negative in any way at all.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
What members will vote for this if it comes to a vote? The ones who payed $5000+ to become foundation members or all members? Or will members get a vote at all?

Just asking because I'm not sure of the membership heirachy/rights situation.

supera

Juniors
this notion that private ownership is the way of the future is garbage.

it doesnt work in america, owners in most sports run themselves broke, they piss on their fans and move cities regularly, and it has created an air of instability for most teams. and teams or franchises is exactly what they are - they arent clubs.

europe is going the same way. liverpool have shown what a disaster it can be. in europe private ownership only creates a multi tiered system of teams.

in this country, the afl and a league have shown us that the concept is a disaster. good in the short term, but when the owners money dries up?

the only proven structure in this country is member owned clubs.

ghee, thanks for that info - on the membership thing, it was something i wouldve been happy to do to support a team on the central coast, and to rejuvinate the bears and their disillusioned fans. so it was more a commitment of a cheap membership for the first few years of operation.

but i wont do it if the club is privately owned. why would i bother? the contribution of members in a privately owned club is negligible, as the owner, and not the members that are the lifeblood of the club.

i personally couldnt give a rats if theyre admitted or not if theyre to be privately owned, its not something i feel any affinity to.

oh the insults again, the quotes must be in the same place the bears viewing figures are for the 90's. wait while i put the bong down.

You're the one who came in here. You're the one who decided not to read previous posts correctly. You're the one who makes sly comments in regards to the Central Coast Bears bid.

If you had no problem with the Central Coast Bears you wouldnt pop up everytime something which in the opinions of less intelligent posters might derail the bid. Which none of it will. It's all rubbish and all been proven, if not to you, to the NRL. That's all that matters.

You're free to continue this discussion but it'd be best for you to simply take your hate into another thread.

Last edited:

ghee

Juniors
Then I guess Knights members should reject the Tinkler deal and thereby allow their club to sink further into debt...now reported to be $4.1 million.

sorry it was 9 million not 10

Nice, bring up a year old news story. At least you could have researched properly. Now your weak attempts at slandering the CCBEARS are just lazy. What the date say? September 27, 2009?

Here is the real one

Central Coast Bears receive big boost to NRL chances

344830-central-coast-bears.jpg

Excited...Mortgage House's Ken Sayer. Picture: Dan Himbrechts Source: The Daily Telegraph

THE Central Coast Bears have emerged as front runners to become the seventeenth NRL club - the board accepting a $10 million deal in principle with Mortgage House to underwrite the Bears' desired return to the competition in 2013 in a private ownership arrangement.

The deal has boosted the club's claim to the seventeenth NRL franchise license, which is expected to be announced mid-year when the independent commission is in place.
Lawyers are still running the rule over the deal and it will not go ahead unless the Central Coast consortium's 5000 members agree to it, despite unanimous support for the takeover from the club's board. Bears CEO Greg Florimo said he strongly expects his members to vote in favour of the deal at an AGM, held in the next two months.
Mortgage House managing director Ken Sayer said the Bears' building momentum has prompted NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley to describe the bid as "superior" to rival claims, including, Perth and Rockhampton in central Queensland.

The bid team met with Annesley and NRL boss David Gallop two weeks ago in a favourable meeting for the fledgling club.
"It's hard not to get excited about it with everything that's going on the Central Coast," Sayer said. "I've never been involved in a business where the gradient of growth is as steep as what we have. I hope to be doing cartwheels in a few weeks when it's a definite deal."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...t-to-nrl-chances/story-e6frfgbo-1225991360752
--

Try to keep up princess. Might I add that this $10m has nothing to do with the $9m sponsorship deal. So infact they have paid or will be paying $19m overall.

Last edited:
doesnt matter what you prove to the nrl, they wont be making the decision

And here I was thinking that the same leader of the NRL, would be the same leader of the I.C..

I mean if we can't keep in contact with the unformed I.C. then logically you would think that we'd keep in contact with the company that runs the game, that being the NRL. I mean its not like David Gallop is gonna be on the IC or anything:roll:

correct me anytime you want.

yes he will work for the ic. well done. But anything they say doesnt have much substance at the moment consideing it will be the members of the commission that will determine where the futere of the game lies.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...-graham-annesley/story-e6frf3ou-1225992077559

But follow blindly if you like. Since you really dont like anyone but bears fans in here please dont bother replying to me. I will continue to read on with my tiara and bong intently

yes he will work for the ic. well done. But anything they say doesnt have much substance at the moment consideing it will be the members of the commission that will determine where the futere of the game lies.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...-graham-annesley/story-e6frf3ou-1225992077559

But follow blindly if you like. Since you really dont like anyone but bears fans in here please dont bother replying to me. I will continue to read on with my tiara and bong intently

Like I said before. How can one impress an organization when they aren't set up yet? Simple. Impress a member who will definitely be part of that organization and who currently works for another organization which runs the competition. A'la CCBEARS in constant talks with the NRL & Gallop.

You have no constructive criticism and bag the CCBEARS bid without substance and when you do have some, people will answer you in full yet you still ignore that.

Keep scraping up all the negative news articles you can because ive got 100's of positive ones archived.

Wanna know who is blind? Look in the mirror.. actually wait a minute you wont be able to see anything except a big mean ol' bear..

Last edited:

dgsfan

Juniors
Like I said before. How can one impress an organization when they aren't set up yet? Simple. Impress a member who will definitely be part of that organization and who currently works for another organization which runs the competition. A'la CCBEARS in constant talks with the NRL & Gallop.

You have no constructive criticism and bag the CCBEARS bid without substance and when you do have some, people will answer you in full yet you still ignore that.

Keep scraping up all the negative news articles you can because ive got 100's of positive ones archived.

Wanna know who is blind? Look in the mirror.. actually wait a minute you wont be able to see anything except a big mean ol' bear..

"My mate swears they were the 2nd most watched team during the 90s" is not answering in full lol

Beowulf

Juniors
Don't forget David Gallop has know an IC has been imminent for 1 year now, yet he, Graham Annesley, John Brady have been involved with expansion bids all of that time, visiting the regions, meeting the bid teams. Its pretty obvious I would think that the IC members will lean heavily on those NRL execs who have experience in recent negotiations for advice. Certainly the CFO and David Gallop will be heavily involved.

Alex28

Coach
Why isn't anyone from the Bears coming out and being honest and telling the members that they are SELLING their asset to Ken Sayer?

The definition (in this context) of underwriting is "an entity assuming a financial risk" - which he is. No doubting that. It doesn't include "in exchange for an equity interest in the organisation". That would change the transaction from "underwriting" to "purchasing".

The members asset is being sold here, and no article is mentioning it. They are blatantly disguising it as Ken Sayer being this white knight character protecting the members. Which he is not. Further to this, they are hoping that the members aren't smart enough to see through all this.

Stop the lying. Tell the members what is really going on here.

andrew057

First Grade
Why isn't anyone from the Bears coming out and being honest and telling the members that they are SELLING their asset to Ken Sayer?

The definition (in this context) of underwriting is "an entity assuming a financial risk" - which he is. No doubting that. It doesn't include "in exchange for an equity interest in the organisation". That would change the transaction from "underwriting" to "purchasing".

The members asset is being sold here, and no article is mentioning it. They are blatantly disguising it as Ken Sayer being this white knight character protecting the members. Which he is not. Further to this, they are hoping that the members aren't smart enough to see through all this.

Stop the lying. Tell the members what is really going on here.

Wont these members you mention be voting on this very subject?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts