What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chanel Harris-Tavita

Iron Lion

Juniors
Thought CHT had a rock solid debut.

Albeit against an awful Titans side.

I was in the AK camp but after seeing CHT perform last night I'm convinced he is the better option in the halves.

He looks to be a natural half.

We actually looked better with him out there.

He is no SJ but I think he could be exactly what the Warriors have been desperate to have for years.

He looks a footy smart player. He has the ability to create plays not freak moments.

More Thruston than SJ.

He distributes extremely well and he looks to put his players into better positions rather than just shuffle the ball on.

His kicking game may need time but on-field his vision looks great.

And makes other players around do more.

The best thing about CHT is he has a go at the defence. He challenges the line.

He wants to create plays and he looks equipped to do it.

Well done CHT.

Keep developing and I have a suspicion you will be a long term warrior .......that not many saw coming.

One Warrior

Bench
We are more than likely going to see Chanel & Keighran together at some time this year, may be our future longterm halves pairing.

Blair

Coach
Keighran had a solid debut too, sailing along with an emphatic Warriors win. Ditto Chanel. Let's see how he goes in the next two games, particularly if the Warriors fall behind on scoreboard.

Both players are young and inexperienced, but have had at least one season each in the excellent NSW Cup to prepare for first grade. Madness how the new owners of the Warriors contemplated pulling us out of reserve grade.

JJ

Immortal
Keighran had a solid debut too, sailing along with an emphatic Warriors win. Ditto Chanel. Let's see how he goes in the next two games, particularly if the Warriors fall behind on scoreboard.

Both players are young and inexperienced, but have had at least one season each in the excellent NSW Cup to prepare for first grade. Madness how the new owners of the Warriors contemplated pulling us out of reserve grade.
This!

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I thought he did very well. I like that he backed himself to run a few times, he had the defence guessing straight away. I think his style will potentially compliment both Green and Keighran well. Early days but a good start.

Juju

Juniors
I'm not gonna get carried away... but he had a decent debut I thought.

I felt his defence in the trials and stats in the reserves did not bode well for last night but he did good. Seems to compliment Green quite well.

Titans tactically were trying to belt Green and put him on the ground after kicking - I dunno if his body will take too many games of that before he'll be banged up.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Pretty solid debut, good for him.

From the few games I have seen Hayze Perham looks a better prospect, but good on Chanel no6, he smells good on debut.

Currently watching son of Tony - Kayal Iro. in Jersey Flegg.

it is live now if you have it.

Iron Lion

Juniors

From the few games I have seen Hayze Perham looks a better prospect, but good on Chanel no6, he smells good on debut.

What do you think of Kayal? he has carried little to any hype so far.

Any juniors standing out?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Iro

Is it "ear-o" as the kiwi guy says or "eye-row" as I have heard it over the years?

Or is this a Rapana/Renouf situation.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Thus far play is going the other side, he is left centre.

The halves are doing a good job.

2 trys each team. Almost halftime.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I'm not gonna get carried away... but he had a decent debut I thought.

I felt his defence in the trials and stats in the reserves did not bode well for last night but he did good. Seems to compliment Green quite well.

Titans tactically were trying to belt Green and put him on the ground after kicking - I dunno if his body will take too many games of that before he'll be banged up.

I thought the same about CHT’s defence. He was a bit of a jersey grabbing turnstyle in the trials so I was pleased to see he defended adequately yesterday.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
CHT certainly showed off his running game (as Keighran did in Rd 1) but the other parts of his game weren’t put under much pressure, so hard to say much more than that.

Big Marn

Juniors
i thought CHT had a few nice touches but way too small a sample size to sum up whether he will be a flybynighter or not. (same goes for AK)

Hayze is a excellent 1 average 6