What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 10: Gower wants out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Not exactly sure how much truth there is to what Channel 10 is reporting but anyways they're saying that Gower, furious at his treatment coming out of the incident late last year, has asked for an immediate release from his contract.

Glen Matthews has denied this admitting he had a meeting with gower's managers over "private issues" but saying he hasn't asked for a release.

I'll say this with the disclaimer that I realise it could be nothing...however if true. Gower needs to wake up to himself he did something wrong his gotten punished for it and now his acting like a child because of the punishment he received! Well if that's the case then I personally don't think we need or want him at our club.

Jono078

Referee
Was just about to post the same thing..

Not good if he does leave, by 2007 you will need a whole new halves pairing.

Hopefully he stays with the Panthers in 2006.

choc_soldier

Coach
It's Channel 10 - how many of these "scoops" have ended up being true?

I agree with CP - if true, very petulant on Craig's behalf.

choc_soldier

Coach
True... well, hopefully the dust will settle, and the true story will emerge in the next couple of days.

panthergirl91

Juniors
If this happens to be true i must say that it wasn't the clubs fault Gower misbehaved and do you think the club wanted to strip him of the captaincy,i don't but the club had too because if they let him off lightly the NRL would of given him a harsher penalty than what the club gave him.So if i were him i would be pretty greatfull i wasnt sacked.However i hope this story isn't true and it's all forgotten by monday.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Gower would be on his honeymoon, wouldnt he?

Sorry can't believe it, won't believe it. It just doesnt make sense to me.

Panthers_God

Juniors
Hmmm bad news.
Does anybod know if its within his contract to demand out?

I sure hope he doesnt leave. Players like Gower dont come along very often.

Fibroman

First Grade
If it is true. 797... odd posters on this site can hang their heads in shame!

I wouldn't blame the pig one little bit for bailing out.

The way he was teated was FU89ING DISGUISTING!

He, almost single handedly led the penny's to that Premiership in '03, and he goes a little bit silly on the syrup and everyone want to hang him out to dry.

The reason he leaves the club is a peccadillo. The Panther FANS???? should hanf their heads in shame..................A bit of a nudie run, a bit of a stack in a gold cart and a bit of a wandering hand...........and THAT'S IT??????????

DON'T FRICKEN WHINGE WHEN WE GET THE SPOON IN '07, if the pig walks.

Back Gowie, or go and get a fricket flat white and jerk off over the tri colours. Thats what I say. Support the pig.

Big Mick

Referee
I think its bullsh*t tbh.

Leary and Lang have both come out and said he hasn't asked for a release that they were only there to discuss personal issues...not release.

Typical bloody media hopping.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Gowie won't walk Fibro and we won't be getting the spoon.

In regards to his treatment. Penrith had their hands tied. It was Dawn Fraser and the media who dragged it through the mud for as long as as they could and they still are. With that damn Rebecca Wilson fanning the flames for her own benefit.

If Penrith hadnt done what they did, the media circus and the public would have been worse with Gowie and the NRL would have had to come in and hand down a much harsher penalty to what he received.

As far as I am concerned they acted in Gowers best interest. I'm 100% behind what Penrith did. They squashed the media circus as well as they could.

Gowers manager needs to pull his head in and get behind his man constructively not destructively.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
there is a thread in the NRL forum as well

I hope he stays for Penrith's sake, but there are a few sources now with the same reports

Caged Panther

First Grade
PK said:
If Penrith hadnt done what they did, the media circus and the public would have been worse with Gowie and the NRL would have had to come in and hand down a much harsher penalty to what he received.

This is what's get me PK. From the reports it seems gowers "unhappiness" arises from him feeling harshly treated by Penrith with regards to his punishment. Yet for the reasons you've outlines above any of the other 15 clubs would have dealt out a similar punishment.

I'd certainly like to believe that this turns out to be media hype but to me the fact Penrith have been meeting willet and that the club and gower are due to have a meeting when he returns from his honeymoon certainly suggest his not happy. Is he unhappy enought to ask for a release? Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.