What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 10: Gower wants out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Artie

Juniors
yep have to agree if gowie goes, I cant blame him, I fine and some counselling community work etc would have been sufficient, some of our viewers users should go and sit in courtroom anywhere in NSW and see the lenient treatment given to real criminals, its just and example thing, god help the next league player who does, and one of our greatest sporting teams ever captained by Ponting ah. Gower should have been judged on his on field performances in realtion to the captaincy issue, just as ponting is and Ive watched penrith since 1970 and I dont think Ive seen a bloke give more to his players team and supporters on the field. Gowie best of luck where ever u go, not that u would need it becos on the field u are a true leader and champion, but I hope like hell ur at the club.

Big Mick

Referee
Triple M spoke to a "close friend" which confirmed the story.

LMAO

I love all this media bullsh*t.

The Tank

Bench
I think Gower's dad spoke with Triple M and confirmed Craig was "filthy" and when asked if Craig could possibly leave Penrith he replied "Bloody oath he would".

Who knows but.

junior009

Juniors
The Tank said:
I think Gower's dad spoke with Triple M and confirmed Craig was "filthy" and when asked if Craig could possibly leave Penrith he replied "Bloody oath he would".

Who knows but.

Wasn't his Dad but the guy knew what he was talking about....trust me.

The Tank

Bench
junior009 said:
Wasn't his Dad but the guy knew what he was talking about....trust me.

Was he the first guy? I could've swore they said it was his Dad. There was a young fella at first, then some other guy later.

junior009

Juniors
Big Mick © said:
why should I?

I don't care if you don't.

I didn't actually hear it so I can't tell you which one, it was the guy who was on for ages though who they've been replaying in the news.

Big Artie

Juniors
Im not one that believes a hell of lot whats written in newspapers, probably becos I have seen first hand or witnessed many incidents over the years, and then seen what they have written its a joke. but a article written by Paul Kent p72 tele 2day is pretty well on the money. I can understand if Gowie walks and dont blame him, read the second last paragraph. but if its all crap and he is not going, the captaincy thing is huge and it will make the side unstable and it will always be in Gowie's mind, and we need his mind completely focussed.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Take a read of Paul Kents opinion on the back page of Sunday Telegraphs sport. He pretty much offers the same as my thoughts in how Penrith were "tied" up in dealing out his penalty.

Paul Kent also opens our minds into how Gower may be feeling. I have to say, I myself, am confused as to Gower's feelings and thought that it would have been much easy to just "get on with it". Paul Kent has shown me another side and now I understand more clearly.

I can't see a suitable option for Gowie but I wish he could see and trust that Penrith did all they could for him. His Captaincy is reported to dropped for 12 months only, after that it would his again. He can still play, he can still lead on the field. It will just be another persons job to mediate between refs and players, toss a coin and deal with the media at post-match interviews - that in itself would be a blessing in disguise for Gowie because all the bastards would do is hammer him every chance they get with his latest mistake.

I hope he can squash his feelings of humilation and find enough strength to remain loyal with Penrith. I don't know what else to say but only that my heart will break if he leaves. I hope Brandy can hold on to him.

Johns Magic

Referee
I don't rate Gower anyway. Penrith's 2003 premiership came off the back of great forward roll-on and individual brilliance from the likes of Wesser and Campbell. Your club would be better off with an up and coming halfback in my opinion. He's a fantastic hooker playing out of position.

Johns Magic

Referee
PK said:
That line there shows any Penrith/Gower supporter how little you know...

His playmaking ability is far inferior to the top-line halfbacks in the business. There's a reason he struggles at representative level.

Big Artie

Juniors
Pk, quote I thought it would be better to "get on with it". Well thats a lot easier said than to do in a lot of cases, look at our own lifes, this is something this kid loves and breathes for lives for in his heart mind blood football and it has been since he was a kid , and being a captain and leader. he is only recently a husband and yet to be a father this is like his whole life and love etc, I can see exactly how he may be feeling as I think many others may if they realise what it actually means to him and what he sees it, be it wrong or right the way he sees it. I could imagine he see its as a loved one letting him down wen he need help, and assistance getting thru it, he may have made a mistake but many of us do

*Sandy*

First Grade
There's also a reason Andrew Johns, himself, and quality coaches praise Gowers brilliance on field as a halfback. ;-) I am more willing to believe current and ex professional players rather than a mere opposition fan.

*Sandy*

First Grade
I realise all of which you say Artie, which is why I said Paul Kent has opened my mind with his opinion.

It's heartbreaking ... you know how much I love Gowie and its probably why I thought he would "get on with it" and it never occured to me how much all this would be playing havoc with his emotions.

My problem is that I think he is "IMMORTAL", "UNCRUSHABLE" "UNDESTRUCTABLE". You name it - anything that puts him up in the category of "GOD"

I forgot he is also human. :(

Johns Magic

Referee
PK said:
There's also a reason Andrew Johns, himself, and quality coaches praise Gowers brilliance on field as a halfback. ;-) I am more willing to believe current and ex professional players rather than a mere opposition fan.

When has he ever cut it at halfback at representative level? He's completely butchered it time and time again.

Got any sources for your previous statement by the way?

*Sandy*

First Grade
What don't you listen to commentary and read Rugby League Mags?

That's what you want to believe. Gowie holds his own at rep level and does his best with the troops that he's given to play with. It's not just one man team.

Johns Magic

Referee
PK said:
What don't you listen to commentary and read Rugby League Mags?

That's what you want to believe. Gowie holds his own at rep level and does his best with the troops that he's given to play with. It's not just one man team.

All bloody players get praised left right and centre by commentators and in magazines. Gower, Johns, Kimmorley, Lockyer, Thurston, Prince, Marshall, Jones, J Smith, T Smith, Sutton, Barrett, Head, Orford, Hill, Monaghan, Sherwin, Anasta and Campbell are all in the "top few halves in the competition" if you believe everything you hear or read.

"Does the best with the troops thats he's given to play with"...What, isn't the NSW or Australian team good enough for him to work with? In the only match that he's played at halfback for NSW, the side scored just one try.

In this year's Tri-Nations Final when he was at half, the side scored 0 points. 0.

He's a class below the top half-backs going around. A decent club player, but nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.