What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 Footy Show 2011 - New Year - New Ad - Same Crap

BunniesMan

Immortal
Re: Foran, yeah I was impressed with him. I like the fact that decent young blokes in the NRL like Foran, Idris and Burgess are out there representing us to balance out the doucheness of people like Bird, Carney and Watmough.

Last edited:

God-King Dean

Immortal
Is being on The Footy Show part of Benji's contract? Seems to be on every week. I'd like to see one episode without the sound of Marshall's arse being licked.

kmav23

Juniors
Fittler is a character and has no problem speaking off the cuff...which is refreshing in that environment.

are you kidding me !!!

he forgets half way thru what he was talking about..

even fatty and ray warren tells him off during the shows..

Fittler just stares at the camera like a dear in headlights....umm arghh uh

Mr Saab

Referee
Fittler is ok....prefer him over the old panel that had M Johns and Harragon...they were sickening

undertaker

Coach
OUCH!

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2011/04/week-16-4.html

18 The Footy Show Nine 672,000 98,000 355,000 56,000 86,000 77,000

The AFL Footy Show won't be going anywhere, as it still gets strong ratings into Melbourne.

NRL Footy Show on the other hand... got below 100,000 viewers in Sydney. Interestingly, ratings for Judge Judy at 4pm wasn't far off (85,000 in Sydney). So much for this so called 'revamped' show this year. I think this is the first time that's happened. Be interested to know how that 98000 figure compares with the ratings The Footy Show got at its peak (assuming that was sometime in the '90s). Does anyone know?

Last edited:
The-Footy-Show-6160033.jpg

Love the fat the other 2 were cringeworthy though.

undertaker

Coach
all shows rated a lot higher before Oztam IIRC

Why's that?

But even still, when Oztam was introduced around 2001, I'm sure the show back in 2001 rated a lot higher than what it is now.

I can't understand why they stopped showing the show live at 9:30pm (about 3 yrs ago or so).

BrisbaneRhino

Juniors
When I moved to Aus in 98 I loved the Footy Show, mainlym because it was an RL show on prime time. I used to watch it regularly, but frankly it became embarrassing to watch years ago. If they are serious about a revamp they need to get a professional presenter in - somebody that can hold the whole thing together and get a few laughs. Seriously, the last time I watched the show it reminded me of a school media project - although that's a bit harsh on the efforts of 12 year olds.

undertaker

Coach
Since its inception around 1994/95, at what point (to all those people who have been watching it for many years) do you believe The Footy Show 'peaked' and start to rapidly decline?

God-King Dean

Immortal
Surely it was at it's peak when Reg & Trent were around. When people started to get over those characters it got stale. IMO.

BunniesMan

Immortal
When Sterlo and Matty were there. Fatty is a good sidekick for this kind of show but he sucks as the main guy. Sterlo is perfect for that role and they told him to f**k off...

undertaker

Coach
It's interesting I found this article:

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2008/07/nrl-footy-show-slipping.html

This article is from July 2008. Interesting to note that only as recently as 3 yrs ago (March 2008), it was averaging 271000 viewers in Sydney, nearly triple what it got last night. At the start of this year, I thought to myself that they would be lucky to crack 200000, but given what happened last night, 100000 could be a struggle.

I know that probably no one has any articles or records of what the ratings were like many years before that, but I assume that they were even a lot higher than 271000, which makes the 98000 from last night (in the 9:30pm timeslot) look very bad. It probably has resulted in a huge decrease in the amount of ad revenue Ch9 used to get in that timeslot.

Regarding the decline in ratings, the first time I remember that they were in trouble was in 2005 (when Ch9 tried to call in Ray Hadley and Rebecca Wilson). This may have been the beginning of the 'downward-spiral', but I was just interested to know when the ratings were at their peak

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
They need to either fix it up or get rid of it after this year.

And if they did get rid of it I'd be happy if they brought the AFL show forward to the 9.30 slot here. I'm sure it could get 100k in Sydney...and not just from AFL fans, I know plenty of non AFL fans who've watched the show with me and have enjoyed it simply for it's entertainment/comedy value.

El Diablo

Post Whore
They need to either fix it up or get rid of it after this year.

And if they did get rid of it I'd be happy if they brought the AFL show forward to the 9.30 slot here. I'm sure it could get 100k in Sydney...and not just from AFL fans, I know plenty of non AFL fans who've watched the show with me and have enjoyed it simply for it's entertainment/comedy value.

piss off

the pink poofs can't average what the NRL FS gets and the AFL show sucks

the AFL version would get 9k