What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 Footy Show 2011 - New Year - New Ad - Same Crap

BunniesMan

Immortal
piss off

the pink poofs can't average what the NRL FS gets and the AFL show sucks

the AFL version would get 9k
El D, El D, El D...you know how they say people who most intensely hate homosexuals are likely to be gay themselves. And boys in school who act like they hate a girl when they secretly have a crush.

My theory is there is an intense Collingwood fan somewhere deep inside you trying his best to get out...

El Diablo

Post Whore
El D, El D, El D...you know how they say people who most intensely hate homosexuals are likely to be gay themselves. And boys in school who act like they hate a girl when they secretly have a crush.

My theory is there is an intense Collingwood fan somewhere deep inside you trying his best to get out...

stick to watching weddings

Eion

First Grade
OUCH!

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2011/04/week-16-4.html

18 The Footy Show Nine 672,000 98,000 355,000 56,000 86,000 77,000

The AFL Footy Show won't be going anywhere, as it still gets strong ratings into Melbourne.

NRL Footy Show on the other hand... got below 100,000 viewers in Sydney. Interestingly, ratings for Judge Judy at 4pm wasn't far off (85,000 in Sydney). So much for this so called 'revamped' show this year. I think this is the first time that's happened. Be interested to know how that 98000 figure compares with the ratings The Footy Show got at its peak (assuming that was sometime in the '90s). Does anyone know?
I'm no fan of the footy show, but if Sydney got 98,000 viewers then is that Melbourne with 355,000. That can't be right.... or am I completely miss reading this.

In any event I agree the footy show has gone downhill.

BunniesMan

Immortal
stick to watching weddings
Good news is GF will only make me watch the bit when they actually get in the church. So i should see most if not all of Souths giving the Sharkies a wooping, which will be right after the mighty Swans hand out an arse kicking on a rare friday night game. I'm sure you'll be giving the remote a furious workout switching between the two :D

BunniesMan

Immortal
I'm no fan of the footy show, but if Sydney got 98,000 viewers then is that Melbourne with 355,000. That can't be right.... or am I completely miss reading this.

In any event I agree the footy show has gone downhill.
The 98k is the NRL footy show in Sydney, the 355k is the AFL footy show in Melbourne.

user_nat

Coach
I think Melbourne just has bad taste in comedy.

Which explains why Hey Hey its Saturday did so well in Melbourne.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It's interesting I found this article:

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2008/07/nrl-footy-show-slipping.html

This article is from July 2008. Interesting to note that only as recently as 3 yrs ago (March 2008), it was averaging 271000 viewers in Sydney, nearly triple what it got last night. At the start of this year, I thought to myself that they would be lucky to crack 200000, but given what happened last night, 100000 could be a struggle.

I know that probably no one has any articles or records of what the ratings were like many years before that, but I assume that they were even a lot higher than 271000, which makes the 98000 from last night (in the 9:30pm timeslot) look very bad. It probably has resulted in a huge decrease in the amount of ad revenue Ch9 used to get in that timeslot.

Regarding the decline in ratings, the first time I remember that they were in trouble was in 2005 (when Ch9 tried to call in Ray Hadley and Rebecca Wilson). This may have been the beginning of the 'downward-spiral', but I was just interested to know when the ratings were at their peak

Did you miss the discussion where every show now rates lower as a result of the farcicial ratings system known as OzTAM?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Good news is GF will only make me watch the bit when they actually get in the church. So i should see most if not all of Souths giving the Sharkies a wooping, which will be right after the mighty Swans hand out an arse kicking on a rare friday night game. I'm sure you'll be giving the remote a furious workout switching between the two :D
Watching the wedding and the afl on the same night.
images

undertaker

Coach
Did you miss the discussion where every show now rates lower as a result of the farcicial ratings system known as OzTAM?

What dramatic difference would there be between OzTAM and the old ACNielsen system? Why did they shift to OzTAM in the first place?

wittyfan

Referee
For what it's worth, the previous lowest figures for the Footy Show in Sydney were 110,000 on the 14th August, 2008. However it has to be said that it was up against the Beijing Olympics and the show also featured a segment of Nick Youngquest, Daniel Holdsworth and Michael Sullivan parading about in underwear.

Also Sandor Earl was a real treat last night, and the bit with Kieran Foran was great too, but the rest of it was pointless and utterly forgettable.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Tonight's show has been superb, although Vossy's stuff you may have missed is becoming more and more out of place. Beau Knows on the other hand = absolute gold.