What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 Footy Show 2011 - New Year - New Ad - Same Crap

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Having caught the start of the AFL Footy Show, I am 150% certain they are allowed to show highlights.

You're a lying idiot.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Saab
Beau is losing his appeal as a "funny guy"

need to have it to lose it - he's a try hard that even canned laughter knows isn't funny

undertaker

Coach
beau quickly got unfunny for me tbh

HAHAHA! Yeah, fully agree. All Beau knows how to say is "DOGGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIES, DOGGIIIIIIIIIIIIES". His improv stuff (e.g. live on the show) is even worse. I'm not saying that Matthew Johns is a comic genius, but as hard as he's trying to get his 'foot into the door' and mould a future career on The Footy Show likes Johns did towards the end of his league career, starting with his final year with the Sharks, Beau Ryan doesn't have 10% the repertoire of Johns. Give me Reg Reagan et al. any day of the week over 'Ronnie Palmer' and "DJ Yallah' (heck, even Johns Ch7 characters were better than DJ Yallah)

Last edited:
Man this Beau Ryan sh*t is getting painful now.

He was quite funny in the first few eps he did, with the interviews, beau knows and the original random stuff, but this is awful.

Timmah

Staff member
I find if you don't like it, you probably shouldn't bother watching it. I've probably said that 400 times too but it's really painful seeing dickheads who don't like something put themselves in a position where they can whinge about it.

Confirmed on TFS tonight that Penrith v Storm will go LIVE into Melbourne at 3pm.

Ladmate

Bench
He's got a point about Beau, do your Beau Knows State Cup and if it's good, stay. If it's not, piss off, think of new stuff. He can do it, just look at him early last year. AND FORGET DOGGIES. DO 'BEAU KNOWS'.

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
Why can't people come here and bag the Beau Ryan segment?

Who knows, they might like the rest of the show, but have grown tired of Beau.

Surely they're allowed to f**king comment.

Have a look at the f**king title of the thread!!!

Maybe we should change the thread title to "Nice comments about TFS".

Last edited:

andrew057

First Grade
Theres been quite a bit of acutal footy talk tonight which has been nice. Kieran Foran is a classy young man.

Timmah

Staff member
Why can't people come here and bag the Beau Ryan segment?

Who knows, they might like the rest of the show.

Surely they're allowed to f**king comment.

Have a look at the f**king title of the thread!!!

Well aware of that. I just find it interesting that people would dislike a show, but still watch it with the sole purpose of criticising it.

I don't like Two and A Half Men - I don't decide to watch it and then whinge to everyone about how bad it is.

I understand to some it represents rugby league and the unprofessionalism can be utterly frustrating, but now we have TWO alternatives on One HD (Game Plan, 1Wk at a time) and TWO on FOX (NRL on FOX and The League Lounge), just ignore it.

At the end of the day, TFS has been filled with the same niche "boys club" gags and crap with the same low production values since it started back in the 90's.

Brutus

Referee

I basically IQ the TFS and watch it the next day, but only if there are some decent segments on it.

This thread usually gives me the heads up on it, so I don't mind reading comments about the show, both positive and negative.

Last edited:

cleary89

Coach
wondering why mario kept saying it, thought he must have been wanting to suck his dick.... but just setting up for that hahahaha.