What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 Footy Show 2011 - New Year - New Ad - Same Crap

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Oh look, another year of the same boring, repetitive complaints from the same boring, repetitive people! :clap:

Save yourself sleeping time and whinging time - watch OneHD's The Game Plan on digital channel 1 or 12 at 8:30pm before The Footy Show. Then go to bed.

Then those of us who don't take life so seriously can watch the Footy Show without the ridiculous reactions in here from people who hate the show but continue to watch it each week just so they have something to complain about.

Version 6

Staff member
Oh look, another year of the same boring, repetitive complaints from the same boring, repetitive people! :clap:

Save yourself sleeping time and whinging time - watch OneHD's The Game Plan on digital channel 1 or 12 at 8:30pm before The Footy Show. Then go to bed.

Then those of us who don't take life so seriously can watch the Footy Show without the ridiculous reactions in here from people who hate the show but continue to watch it each week just so they have something to complain about.

This reaction is about as ridiculous as the ones you are complaining about.

It's a pretty terrible show. So I don't watch it. But it doesn't phase me in the slightest that people watch or like it.

It's variety hour fluff at this point. Those who go in expecting anything different are probably going to be disappointed every week.

_snafu_

Immortal
It's a pretty terrible show. So I don't watch it. But it doesn't phase me in the slightest that people watch or like it.

It's variety hour fluff at this point. Those who go in expecting anything different are probably going to be disappointed every week.

This

coolumsharkie

Referee

Didn't you already post this before?

coolumsharkie

Referee
I have it on in the background, if something footy related or something funny comes up I'll turn my head and look at the tv.. It is generally geniused humour though, unless your bangin 7 gram rocks like Charlie, then anything is funny I suppose.

Moffo

Referee

Phuc hu, why are you telling me what to do?

PB

Bench
I didn't watch it and i slept well. I heard the missus flick it on for one segment when she was finished with Desperate Housewives. I was in the other room and heard Beau Ryan saying "dooooggggiiieeeees". I thought that was symbolic of what is wrong with that show. They do something which is funny, and they think the same joke will be funny for next 10 years.

Brutus

Referee
I enjoy reading the positive and negative comments from RL people here.

I couldn't give two fried f**ks if people bag it. They are RL fans desperately hoping for an improvement in what is a RL-related show.

Keep it up guys.

Tigger Madness

Juniors
Going straight from The Game Plan to this just confirmed how truly sh*thouse TFS is.
The only saving grace last night was Rabs and I just cant see myself giving this sad excuse for entertainment any more of my time throughout the year.

kmav23

Juniors
Why do you watch it then? You do know that not everyone has the exact same view of humour or what is or is not funny. There is now currently PLENTY of shows on TV about NRL.. many of which have different levels of seriousness.

And before you say something really lame in trying to make me out to have "bad taste" in tv viewing save yourself the time because honestly you will probably just end up looking silly and immature.

Have read the heading ? this is about the footy show ?

i hate how people go on forums/topics then bitch about other people talking about the topic

stop bitching and go on other fourms or topics...

user_nat

Coach
NRL show rated better in Melbourne than Brisbane. link

Footy show Brisbane: 73,000
Footy show late Melbourne: 87,000

Having a 400k lead-in from the AFL version probably helped.

forward pass

Coach
Out of the two Footy Shows last night, Dean Ritchie was the funniest it seems.

How seriously stupid is this bloke?? Gallop answered the question but he just didn't get it. It was like he had pre-prepared his questions and even though it was clear he was barking up the wrong tree (excuse the pun) he kept going becuase he had nothing else prepared.

Personally I though he made an absolute dick of himself. And he is going to be on every week????

juro

Bench
NRL show rated better in Melbourne than Brisbane. link

Footy show Brisbane: 73,000
Footy show late Melbourne: 87,000

Having a 400k lead-in from the AFL version probably helped.
How do these ratings compare with previous years? Only getting 73k in Brisbane is pretty woeful.

If that is all they get every week, surely the show will be finally put to rest.

user_nat

Coach
How do these ratings compare with previous years? Only getting 73k in Brisbane is pretty woeful.

If that is all they get every week, surely the show will be finally put to rest.

Same show last year drew 199k in Sydney and 103k in Brisbane.

AFL version was up by over 100k in Melbourne this year.

Version 6

Staff member
I don't understand why The Footy Show isn't more popular. I mean people obviously like geniused shows. Look at Two and Half Men for instance.

Latest posts