What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 Footy Show 2011 - New Year - New Ad - Same Crap

ShionKai

Juniors
We should be discussing this in the soccer thread, so I'll make my last post regarding this topic here. Arsenal did beat Chelsea and Utd. But Utd also beat Arsenal twice this season. I hardly consider the team that came 4th 12 points behind the winners the best team. Your end of season form was appalling, more like relegation battler than Champions. Arsenal have been choking for the last few years which resulted in them being trophyless for 7 years. Not as much as the mighty Souffs but still a shocking result for one of the best teams in the world.
The only trophy they'll win next year is the Emirates cup.

Brutus

Referee
Why do some Aussies have such a close affiliation with EPL teams, to the point where they refer to their team as "we".

I like soccer, but i couldn't give a f**k about Man U or Liverpool ect. The places are holes.

innsaneink

Referee
Yeh - its always been tribal for me, but im a diff generation.
The world is much smaller now.
I used to hear the EPL results on radio every morning, had no interest but heard the same old wealthy teams winning week in week out - decided I'd "follow" Blackburn cause no one else seemed to, and they always lost.
Still keep an ear out for their results.
Even though I now live in the parra area, I was a Wests Jnr, raised in the area and theyre my team as are NSW and Aust.
Your team chose you.

hutch

First Grade
Gets fats cash is on - goodbye footy show! Longest, most boring segment in history!

Apey

Staff member
Been switching back and forth but Robbo's street talk was actually good.

HowHigh

Coach
We were the best team this year. When we focused we beat Barcelona, we beat Chelsea, we beat United. But when we got lazy we f**ked up a 4-0 halftime lead, we let Barcelona come from behind. We pissed away a Cup trophy, the league and champions league.

At our best we were the best this year. With the right buys we will win multiple trophies next season.
No, Arsenal was far from the best. And have been for quite a few seasons now.

But anyway, was the footy show any good? Forgot to watch it again for the 3rd week in a row

some11

Referee
We were the best team this year. When we focused we beat Barcelona, we beat Chelsea, we beat United. But when we got lazy we f**ked up a 4-0 halftime lead, we let Barcelona come from behind. We pissed away a Cup trophy, the league and champions league.

At our best we were the best this year. With the right buys we will win multiple trophies next season.

Oh my god, the irony! :lol:

kmav23

Juniors
when you have Mario on for a whole segment and the crowd warm up guy as a guest

... the footy show is scrapping the bottom.

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
Mario once again showing he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed :lol:

nqcowboy87

Bench
the question was whats the most romantic thing youve done for youre wife, and some bloke yelled out "kept your clothes on"

Latest posts