What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 Footy Show 2011 - New Year - New Ad - Same Crap

timka4

Bench
Still a footy show fan and proud, it aint great but its a good way to glide into the weekend over a beer or 3.
This is why I watch it. It's not great, but it still has some footy and involves footy players I as a fan enjoy watching. I find it's good to see a non-serious side to the players. Eg Ben Ross and Daly Cherry Evans couple of weeks back.

forward pass

Coach
While this may be true, it is ironic that of all people to say it, Sam Newman was the one. He would have to be a much bigger f**kwit.

I sort of agree - but we really need a Sam newman type character on our footy show. Watch the AFL footy show - he makes that whole show.

He says what he wants to whoever he wants and that makes great TV.

undertaker

Coach
Thought they might have shown when Mario flipped out at vossy and vossy shit himself. Blocker had to go back stage and calm Mario down to get him back on stage. Probably my fav footy show moment

Really? I don't remember that episode. It must have been back in the early days when vossy did the Around the Grounds segment

griffo346

First Grade
I wonder since they have seen the viewers spike in this celebration show will the bring some of it back like a re hash

so as there house insted with ryan girdler have it with freddie etc?

Brutus

Referee
Saw Girdler on the League Lounge. He's a great TV talent.

He needs to be used way more.

They should groom him to be the next Footy Show host. He could do it.

Saw Girdler on the League Lounge. He's a great TV talent.

He needs to be used way more.

They should groom him to be the next Footy Show host. He could do it.

I agree, he is a naturally funny guy, and doesn't need to try too hard. Their House was a great segment.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I sort of agree - but we really need a Sam newman type character on our footy show. Watch the AFL footy show - he makes that whole show.

He says what he wants to whoever he wants and that makes great TV.

THIS.

Sam Newman speaks his mind and good on him. The gimps up here just cover the arses of everyone.

Not a set of nuts between the lot of them.

I should leave Sterlo out of that comment. He generally speaks common sense. The rest of them are all "its not his go" types.

Weak as piss.

BunniesMan

Immortal
THIS.

Sam Newman speaks his mind and good on him. The gimps up here just cover the arses of everyone.

Not a set of nuts between the lot of them.

I should leave Sterlo out of that comment. He generally speaks common sense. The rest of them are all "its not his go" types.

Weak as piss.
Shockingly...I completely agree with you.

Fatty and co all seem to be in awe of any current player and want to be their best mate. Sam Newman makes genuinely uncomfortable points/questions when they need to be made/asked.

In terms of their hosts the AFL version has a much better balance in what each brings to the table, while the NRL show doesn't. I like Fatty but he's better as the sidekick host rather than the main host. Then after him you have the guy who brings nothing but fat jokes to the show, then two professional dumbarses in Fittler and Fenech. A pale imitation of Matty in Beau. While in the other version Newman compliments Lyon and Brayshaw so much better.

Last edited:

nqcowboy87

Bench
I wonder since they have seen the viewers spike in this celebration show will the bring some of it back like a re hash

so as there house insted with ryan girdler have it with freddie etc?

i hope not fittler is not in the same league as girds, suely he can one night away from making coffee on the northern beaches to help out. one girds highlight that will probably never get played again was i think just before their semi against st george in 04, his interview with galuvao and robets was hilarious.

its a pity i missed the episode where fenech flipped out on voss, in hindsight it would of made great television

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
Ryan Girdler
Matt Johns
Peter Sterling

Whilst I agree that Matt Johns is a very talented person, he will always remind me as someone like Bert Newton: someone who is very good as the sidekick/backup person (like moonface was with Graham Kennedy and Don Lane), but just doesn't have what it takes to carry the whole entire show on it's own. With that being said, although I cannot see him coming back to Ch9 after the way he got screwed over by them 2 yrs ago, I would much prefer to see him on there than Brohman, Freddy or Beau Ryan.

Latest posts