What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 Footy Show 2011 - New Year - New Ad - Same Crap

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I don't understand why The Footy Show isn't more popular. I mean people obviously like geniused shows. Look at Two and Half Men for instance.

The sad thing is the footy show is probably even too geniused for the majority of people who still enjoy two and a half men.

The show delivers on nothing, it tries to be funny and appeal to a broader audience but it's completely idiotic and it barely covers any footy related material.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The footy show was abysmal last night, absolutely abysmal. It deserves to get punted. Won't be watching another one in a hurry.

Can't believe they still don't get it though, people want to watch and hear about league. They don't want to see a variety skit show with a bunch of people who have no business being on a variety skit show.

Is it really hard to actually preview each game properly, going through the team lists? Is it really that hard to review the previous weeks results and view the points table for 5-10 minutes? Would it be that much of an inconvenience to have a top 5 tries of the round, top 5 hits etc?

I guess the real question - is it really that hard to come up with something better than that?

BranVan3000

Coach
The footy show was abysmal last night, absolutely abysmal. It deserves to get punted. Won't be watching another one in a hurry.

Can't believe they still don't get it though, people want to watch and hear about league. They don't want to see a variety skit show with a bunch of people who have no business being on a variety skit show.

Is it really hard to actually preview each game properly, going through the team lists? Is it really that hard to review the previous weeks results and view the points table for 5-10 minutes? Would it be that much of an inconvenience to have a top 5 tries of the round, top 5 hits etc?

I guess the real question - is it really that hard to come up with something better than that?
This

Do I need to see Daryl Brohman talking to a bunch of kids and and nobody celebs and West Tigers players involved in a stupid unfunny questionnaire every week? Do I need to have Vossy showing youtube videos when he can actually provide pretty good and informed opinions instead (as on the Sunday Roast)? The answer is no.

More footy, less bullsh*t. I mean they literally covered most of the games last night for about 30 seconds each.

juro

Bench

I'd definitely watch that. I haven't watched the footy show for probably 5 years now (apart from the occassional 10 minutes here and there)

Newcastle Cow

Live Update Team
Me and my housemate watch it most weeks; for us its sorta in the "so bad its good" territory. A highlight from last night was the joke the Beau Ryan was one the writers of that Ben Elton show(cause thats actually possible given how bad and full of knob jokes the Ben Elton show was).

I dunno why Brohman cops so much stick though, I think he is one of the more genuinely funny "personalities" in the game. He's better off the cuff though - like on the continuous call, pre scripted stuff like his "interview" with "the slash" (as fatty called him) was cringe worthy.

I can't wait for the first street talk of the year. Here's a bold tip - they'll focus on people with mentall illnesses and oldies/people from other enthnic backgrounds who don't understand whats going on.

morley101

Juniors
I enjoyed when Vautin asked Anasta could he believe the footy show had
been on for 18 years.
Anasta retorted back he couldn't believe Vautin was still host. The change of direction was immediate.

El Diablo

Post Whore
yup

9 just don't get it

do a proper show with maybe someone like Cameron Williams as host. he did alright on Fox when he was there and also on that other show 9 did late last year

adamkungl

Immortal
I dunno why Brohman cops so much stick though, I think he is one of the more genuinely funny "personalities" in the game. He's better off the cuff though - like on the continuous call, pre scripted stuff like his "interview" with "the slash" (as fatty called him) was cringe worthy.

haha Fatty is hilariously (not really) out of touch with most things.

Last night was alright. I mean, it didn't feel like The Footy Show to me (Maybe because i'm not used to the new set). There was too much comedy and not enough footy talk. Plus, it wasn't that funny.

The 18th Man

Juniors
I had hopes that his was going to die off...sadly, I was mistaken.

Tune in to Foxsports and OneHD for some decent rugby league programming.

wittyfan

Referee
Tonight's edition has special surprise guests Benji Marshall and Jamal Idris.

Last edited:

Moffo

Referee
Why isn't fittler wearing a tie? He fair dinkum looks like he just stumbled out of stonewall after a six day sesh

Spark Plug

Juniors
f**k far is a douche trying to get benji in to trouble

i agree mate ( i'm assuming you meant fat). Fittler as well. Benji told them before the show he can't talk about what happened...everyone knows that...then they try and coax him into talking about it....

i normally dont mind the show, but f-k me.....