What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 Footy Show 2011 - New Year - New Ad - Same Crap

undertaker

Coach
You'd have to be pretty delicate in replacing Fatty, in a lot of ways he is The Footy Show. I definitely think his time has come and it's painfully obvious he doesn't watch enough footy but they need to find an appropriate replacement. Matty Johns seemed logical, I wonder if 9 will be prepared to make ammends?

What about Cameron Williams?

Goddy

Juniors
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpY-7Or3bAU&feature=related

The AFL Footy Shows Sam Newman walks the streets of Brunswick on behalf of his NRL counterparts to gauge just how popular the Storm are in Melbourne.

The results are nothing short of hilarious if not enlightening. The fruitless attention the NRL are giving Victoria could be much better spent elsewhere, especially in light of the Salary Cap scandal.

You know they probably just outcut the people who did know, as there's no humour in that.

It's meant to be a funny segment, incase you didn't clock on

big_matt

Juniors

The AFL Footy Shows Sam Newman walks the streets of Brunswick on behalf of his NRL counterparts to gauge just how popular the Storm are in Melbourne.

The results are nothing short of hilarious if not enlightening. The fruitless attention the NRL are giving Victoria could be much better spent elsewhere, especially in light of the Salary Cap scandal.

The fact you like that segment is even more enlightening, given that it's a disgraceful piece of television which regularly mocks the mentally ill and disabled for a 'laugh'. Most AFL fans I know are totally embarrassed to have that segment associated to their sport.

langpark

First Grade
Hand-picked, almost as bad as when the Chaser went to America and tried to show how dumb americans are...

Hand-picked, almost as bad as when the Chaser went to America and tried to show how dumb americans are...

to be fair, you'd struggle to get answers that stupid in any other country, regardless of whether you hand picked or not.

That level of ignorance would be hard to find in Europe, without targeting homes for the mentally handicapped

big_matt

Juniors
to be fair, you'd struggle to get answers that stupid in any other country, regardless of whether you hand picked or not.

That level of ignorance would be hard to find in Europe, without targeting homes for the mentally handicapped

So let me get this right:

An accurate measure of victorians knowledge of rugby league can be gained from an AFL programme that regularly laughs at our sport and is well known for purposefully selecting mentally challenged or disabled people to interview??

You're scraping the barrel a bit now.

If my team had won a prelim final I'd be out celebrating - not sitting on my computer and watching AFL shows.

Hindyscrack

Bench

Thank you for passing on this amazing piece of market research. The Storm and the NRL should definitely be reconsider their position immediately.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Coupla years old isn't it? I remember that whole 'Mr Bojangles is missing' part. Plus the Melb vs Parra stuff tipped me off aswell...

I like how Sam gets militaristic fumbleball fans, makes them wear the Storm colours and then embarrasses them non-stop.
Good stuff.

So let me get this right:

An accurate measure of victorians knowledge of rugby league can be gained from an AFL programme that regularly laughs at our sport and is well known for purposefully selecting mentally challenged or disabled people to interview??

You're scraping the barrel a bit now.

If my team had won a prelim final I'd be out celebrating - not sitting on my computer and watching AFL shows.

What the f**k are you talking about, f**k knuckle? I was responding to langparks reference to the chasers war on America

Don't respond to me if you can't comprehend the conversation that's taking place.

did your parents make you wear a cranial helmet for your adolescent years or what mate? :lol:

big_matt

Juniors
What the f**k are you talking about, f**k knuckle? I was responding to langparks reference to the chasers war on America

Don't respond to me if you can't comprehend the conversation that's taking place.

did your parents make you wear a cranial helmet for your adolescent years or what mate? :lol:

I think you've misunderstood my post and jumped the gun again.

I was simply stating that the segment on the AFL show with sam newman regularly targets mentally disabled people, and has been in trouble several times for doing so. The fact you are using it as an example of storm fans knowledge of the game is pathetic and a bit embarrassing.

I think you've misunderstood my post and jumped the gun again.

I was simply stating that the segment on the AFL show with sam newman regularly targets mentally disabled people, and has been in trouble several times for doing so. The fact you are using it as an example of storm fans knowledge of the game is pathetic and a bit embarrassing.

Mate... WHAT THE f**k ARE YOU ON ABOUT?

I haven't even passed comment on the knowledge of Storm fans, you dickhead. What's wrong with you, it's like someone give you an uppercut immediately after birth or some shit

Re-read from the start, realise your misunderstanding and f**k off

In case you still haven't worked it out, I'll explain it for you one last time.

"to be fair, you'd struggle to get answers that stupid in any other country(Regarding Chasers War on Everything and the dumb answers given by Americans regarding political issues that have f**k all to do with League), regardless of whether you hand picked or not.

That level of ignorance(displayed by the Americans hand picked in the Chasers episodes, regarding random political, geographic and social issues) would be hard to find in Europe, without targeting homes for the mentally handicapped"

I was responding to Langpark who referred to the Chasers stitch-up on dumb Americans.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
What is this? Let's start a thread on anything that pops into your head month?

f**k the AFL. I'm not interested in what they or anyone associated with their game do or think.

BunniesMan

Immortal
OP is taking a comedy segment far far far too seriously. When Sam does this same segment with the AFL in mind the results are just as funny/unserious. By that logic the AFL should quit Melbourne too if you're going to make these decisions based on the dumbest of the dumb who make a Street Talk final edit.

All of these shows like Chasers, the Street Talk segment and others that do this kind of thing always edit out anyone who comes close to a three digit IQ.

Saints fan

Juniors
OP is taking a comedy segment far far far too seriously. When Sam does this same segment with the AFL in mind the results are just as funny/unserious. By that logic the AFL should quit Melbourne too if you're going to make these decisions based on the dumbest of the dumb who make a Street Talk final edit.

All of these shows like Chasers, the Street Talk segment and others that do this kind of thing always edit out anyone who comes close to a three digit IQ.

Agree. The stupid people are what make Street Talk so funny in the first place. Exhibit A:
Crawford:"So what's the favourite part of your antatomy"?
Women on the street: "What does that mean"?

El Diablo

Post Whore

this was posted on youtube in July 2010