What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 Footy Show 2011 - New Year - New Ad - Same Crap

undertaker

Coach
Been looking for that, as well as the infamous Footy Show incident with Mario Fen-ech throwing the typewriter at a tweed hat wearing Vossy during his Around The Grounds segment when making fun of "What's Doing".

Have searched high and low through video sites and the like and can't find 'em.

I'm pretty sure that occured in '96, as that was the year Vossy did the "Around the Grounds" segment on the Thursday night show.

But, on the topic of Mario, when you look at those clips from "The best of Footy Show 1999", taking the piss out of Muzza was a hell of a lot funnier back then. Now, it's just got repetitive and boring, getting him to do stupid stunts like dressing up in different clothes etc. It was even funnier the year before when Fatty et al. starting paying out on him during his regular "What's doing?" segment in '98. Besides the flour dumping incident and spraying water on his face, he coined the phrase "Sterlo has a head like roll-on deodrant" and more infamously to Fatty "You know why they called you spunk? Because your mother swallowed a mouthful of it":lol::lol::lol:I remember someone got into trouble at school for saying that to another student the following day.

undertaker

Coach
Channel 9 sell old footage from their archives on DVD, it costs $93.50 per segment but that might be the best way to get the Hadley/Ribot incident.

Also I hope they do a players revue tomorrow night, the best one was in 2007 when Farah and Halatau did a strip to Nelly's "Hot in Herre".

$93.50? Way too expensive. I wonder how many ppl have written in requesting for video footage with a price as high as that.

undertaker

Coach
Looks like they've decided to copy the AFL show and do another song parody intro!

So unoriginal....and unfunny.

Regarding the songs, although it wasn't that much better, last year's was better

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
Only thing worse than a jockey talking is one singing, terrible!

Couldn't have said it any better. And now Rabs is singing! (or murmuring, whichever way you want to look at it)

I will say that Shane Shackleton is a lot better than Beau. Ppl already sick and tired of this whole "DOGGIEEEEEEZ" crap, already further validated by his performance tonight. Man, he's declined rapidly this year.

LMFAO ! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

David Gallop got booed and he wasn't even there HAHAH....

And Fatty pleading with the crowd not to boo him.

Obviously the warriors and Manly fans are terrorists !lol

undertaker

Coach
Brohman: "Fatty, you know how this show rates very, VERY well in Australia?"

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, Brohman. Check tvtonight.com.au and you may be in for a rude shock

undertaker

Coach
R
LMFAO ! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

David Gallop got booed and he wasn't even there HAHAH....

And Fatty pleading with the crowd not to boo him.

Obviously the warriors and Manly fans are terrorists !lol

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Reminiscient of last year, where someone in the audience yelled out "f**k OFF!" when they were interviewing Gallop on stage.

Btw, I see a fair number of empty seats (when the camera panned to the crowd on the lower level)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Looks like they've decided to copy the AFL show and do another song parody intro!

So unoriginal....and unfunny.

Regarding the songs, although it wasn't that much better, last year's was better
Copy the AFL?

Both codes have been doing it for years :?
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Reminiscient of last year, where someone in the audience yelled out "f**k OFF!" when they were interviewing Gallop on stage.

Btw, I see a fair number of empty seats (when the camera panned to the crowd on the lower level)
It's been windy and cold all day, don't blame 'em. Was a picture perfect night at the Opera House last year (plus both sides were from Sydney).

cleary89

Coach
Copy the AFL?

Both codes have been doing it for years :?

It's been windy and cold all day, don't blame 'em. Was a picture perfect night at the Opera House last year (plus both sides were from Sydney).

It was f**king freezing though, I left early...

undertaker

Coach
It was f**king freezing though, I left early...

How freezing? If that is an issue, they should just hold it indoors in a larger venue, like the Acer Arena or Sydney Entertainment Centre. They'd be able to accomodate more ppl as well, as I think the Opera House (outside) is about only 6000.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeah, my man beau ryan tipped da warriors and he even said 'hektik', beau ryan makes da footy show, beau ryan is the funniest gangsta on tv, how good would it be if they made him da main host instead of fatty, would rate twice as much i rekon

DOGGIES BRO