What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 not keen on going live for Melbourne Storm's blockbusters or any NRL finals

Should 9 be sold the rights to Rugby League again?

• Yes

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 124 94.7%

• Total voters

j5o6hn

Juniors
Yes once again Ch 9 warehouse the finals no coverage in WA, SA, Vic till midnight no cover on Foxtel till the next day, 9 are a pack of arseholes

bobbis

Juniors
Nine's treatment of sport is atrocious. Hopefully the NRL doesn't go back to 9, but if they do at least sell Foxtel competing live rights, or put in a clause that Foxtell can broadcast it live if 9 doesn't.

LESStar58

Referee
There's a few GM. League of our own have arrangements with a handful of them to show NRL but they treat the people who show up to watch with no respect. At the Oxford scholar in rnd one last year several of us had to get up on more than one occassion and ask the guy behind the bar who kept turning up the music over the commentary to turn it down.

My favorite pub for watching RL is the Limerick Arms in South Melbourne. When I was there for the All Stars Game the cute Irish bargirl kept the Guinness flowing for me (might have been the Wolfhounds jersey I was wearing) ;)

The station hotel in Prahran is good as well. They have a function room with 2 projectors which is good for finals footy and both Rising Sun hotels (Sth Melb and Richmond) are pretty decent too...

juro

Bench
With the awful treatment rugby league fans receive in Victoria, it is amazing the Storm are doing as well as they are. Just think what they would be like if they got a bit more coverage...

El Diablo

Post Whore
so according to the Melbourne TV guide the Storm won't be shown till 12am Monday morning as they are showing Yawnion on Sunday arvo

then The Fresh Prince of Belair, Farmer wants a wife and 5pm news

9 refuse to even show it on a multichannel

Last edited:
For any NRL fans in Melbourne who want to watch the game live:

Final Week 1 - Dragons V Tigers

Date: Friday 9th September 2011
Where
: Rising Sun Hotel
Address: Cnr of Eastern Rd and Raglan St, Sth Melb
Function Start Time: 6.00pm
Kick Off: 7.30pm

Good times. :D

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Personally i won't mind if 9 win the next broadcasts deal, so long as the following clause is included

*Channel 9 must play, nationwide, one game live on Friday night, followed directly by the second Friday night game, a live game on Saturday night and a live game on Sunday afternoon. For each day where these stipulations are not met, the NRL are to be reimbursed 500 million dollars from Channel 9, payable within 7 days.

either NRL gets rich, or nine plays the game live.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Mark Beretta (@MarkBeretta)
7/09/11 12:37 PM
Cats v Hawks on Friday night LIVE into Sydney and Brisbane on 7MATE!! Gotta love that!! #AFL #sun7 #future

Tigger Madness

Juniors
Perth AFL lovers are up in arms that they have to suffer a whole 1 hour delay to watch a semi final which hasnt even got their team in it. A full hour!

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/seven-proves-no-mate-to-perth-afl-fans-20110907-1jwy0.html

Perth AFL fans will again cop a raw deal on Friday night - as the only mainland capital city of footy lovers in the country who won't get a live telecast of the blockbuster qualifying final between Geelong and Hawthorn.

Channel 7's main channel will show the match live in both Melbourne and Adelaide. The secondary digital channel 7mate will beam the match live into Brisbane and Sydney.

But Perth viewers will be consigned to watching the game on one-hour delay on the main Channel 7 channel.

Even worse, there will be 15 minutes of pre-game material before the bouncedown is finally shown at 6.45pm Perth time, by which stage it will be getting close to half-time at the

Mark Beretta (@MarkBeretta)
7/09/11 12:37 PM
Cats v Hawks on Friday night LIVE into Sydney and Brisbane on 7MATE!! Gotta love that!! #AFL #sun7 #future

This what I don't understand.

Why can't Nein show the game on Gem(?).

Is it because of that bullshit about that channel being targeted at 40+ women?

docbrown

Coach
This what I don't understand.

Why can't Nein show the game on Gem(?).

Is it because of that bullshit about that channel being targeted at 40+ women?

Even if that was their excuse - I say why not GO then?

The reason is a) they couldn't be f**ked b) Backwell caves to the AFL f**ktards at GTV

I don't know if you realised it but I think the southern states are actually getting an AFL Finals doco on Sunday arvo.

Funny they don't do that for the NRL... :roll:

Latest posts