What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 not keen on going live for Melbourne Storm's blockbusters or any NRL finals

Should 9 be sold the rights to Rugby League again?

• Yes

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 124 94.7%

• Total voters

LESStar58

Referee
I emailed the club about this before the Broncos game and told them nicely that Nine were not fooling anyone with their alleged "sponsorship" of the Storm. I got a reply from Ron Gaucchi himself who explained that Nine do other things for us.

[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]hank you for your email. The broadcasting issue has been a much discussed one for some time. We feel we have made significant progress this year with the live or near live telecasting of games into Melbourne this season. The ratings associated with those games has also been very positive to the point that we are confident that Nine will continue to cover those games that fall into their schedule slots. We have taken a strong position on this matter when it comes to negotiating the next broadcast agreement to improve this position further. Nine is a Platinum Sponsor who contributes to the club in many ways other than just televising games. We are supportive of this relationship continuing in the future. Thank you for continued support as well.

Ron Gauc
i
Chief Executive Officer

Melbourne Storm Rugby League Club
AAMI Park, 60 Olympic Boulevard, Melbourne VIC 3001
PO Box 155, Richmond VIC 3121[/FONT]

I haven't replied to him...yet.

Poor form on Nine's behalf. It shits me no end when Nine always trot out the "female friendly" excuse!

Last edited:

docbrown

Coach
Honestly there is only one reason why the Sea Eagles vs Storm match won't be shown on 9/Go - it's because the powers at Nine GTV don't want it to be.

Keep pestering them.

Brutus

Referee
john_munch_6563.jpg

smithie

Juniors
We need 2 F2A networks broadcasting games - in order to keep each other on their toes.

Exactly. Let's hope Network Ten get at least one game and shown it exclusively on One. If one FTA network shows there game(s) in HD, it looks poorly on the other network that doesn't.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Haha, James Mahoney and Ctrl+V strikes. Wish we had access to one of Anonymous' botnets. Send a couple hundred thousand emails to Channel 9 and WWoS.

POPEYE

Coach
That's the problem you get when Melbourne is considered the home of sport.

Even on Fox, which is the best league broadcaster, they concentrate more on AFL in news broadcasts and the like.

Victorians will turn up or watch any sport if it's going to be a contest so sports media pander to what they think the majority of victorians want.

They figure that if anyone's hardy enough to be a league follower down there he will put up with anything.

Imo nine should lose anything to do with sport. They get nothing from me. I turn their 3 minutes of ads into 8 secs without sound and that's when there's absolutely no alternative.

bobmar28

Bench
Its disgusting and don't know what's worse, Ch9's appaling treatment of RL or Gallop's inability to do anything about it? He won;t even come out and critisice them. God forbid we have another 7 years of this guy in charge!

What's he meant to do? Walk in there with a gun and say put it on Gem or else?

I'm sure he is reminding them that they will get no favours when the next TV rights are negotiated. I would like to see Ten/One HD get it.

Billythekid

First Grade
Haha, James Mahoney and Ctrl+V strikes. Wish we had access to one of Anonymous' botnets. Send a couple hundred thousand emails to Channel 9 and WWoS.

Great work by James mahoney (i find that name hilarious as that is what my friends and i call him lol). Good to see their page littered with criticism.

docbrown

Coach
I'm annoyed that I can't join in the fun on WWOS. Might start a new FB account and sign up.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
do they have a twitter account?
they cant delete other peoples tweets

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
yeehar, i say we all get on there and give them a hiding there

Latest posts