What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 not keen on going live for Melbourne Storm's blockbusters or any NRL finals

Should 9 be sold the rights to Rugby League again?

• Yes

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 124 94.7%

• Total voters

afinalsin666

First Grade
all you have to do is like them and then go post happy!

Haha, classic stuff guy. All i can do at the moment is like other peoples stuff, coz my post thing got disabled. This is turning into a League Unlimited Blitzkrieg, let's keep it on em.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
hahaha i'm getting 17 likes from 3-4 people, its f**king crazy, but neccessary.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Haha, classic stuff guy. All i can do at the moment is like other peoples stuff, coz my post thing got disabled. This is turning into a League Unlimited Blitzkrieg, let's keep it on em.
seriously thats all we need, the more likes the better. Get everyone liking the massive number of posts, the volume of likes and posts will speak volumes!

Billythekid

First Grade
Lol that page is hilarious, i'll be on there to post later. I can't be the only one that thinks it kinda sucks that the NRL itself won't actually put any effort in to make this happen. Either way it's good to see the fans actually saying something.

f**k it, I just went nuts on them hahaha

17 comments in a row

I think they must have deleted them cause i couldn't see them.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
haha even better.

Is there a facebook group for NRL fans outside syd and bris who are pissed off with channel 9?

afinalsin666

First Grade
Well, we have sufficiently turned the channel 9 wall into a quagmire of spam. They jumped on the Y U NO guy's posts pretty quickly *sadface. 3 accounts lol, look forward to looking at it tomorrow. Epicness is epic.

Need some of the bigger trolls on this site to jump on board.

http://www.facebook.com/Channel9

Billythekid

First Grade
they're still there

Oh i was looking on the wwos page. F*cking lol at the actual channel 9 page being littered with spam.

Edit:Some of you guys are spamming a little too hard. I think this will just lead to a mass deleting of posts.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I just sent a message to the Telegraph and the Herald informing them of what we have been doing. Fingers crossed this gets some paper space.

afinalsin666

First Grade
I just sent a message to the Telegraph and the Herald informing them of what we have been doing. Fingers crossed this gets some paper space.

Yeah, that would be sick.

My troll accounts got their comments deleted :( But, the comments with pictures are still up. So if anyone wants to say something that won't be silenced just post a picture with it.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Just got a reply from WWoS.

ME Seriously, the last 30 odd posts are about the storm game in melbourne. And thats just the League enthusiasts. There are countless more who know nothing of the idiotic plans to delay the game into Melbourne. By four hours. If Channel 9 won't show the game live there, at least give us, your loyal viewers, a reason as to why it is impossible, with details. Ignoring very valid questions and concerns does nothing to help your public image.
WWoS The official reason has been given several times on this page and its in relation to the perception that AFL v NRL on two separate networks will detract from the NRL ratings. Its a move that we don't love because we're passionate supporters of live sport but its an unavoidable fact that across the entire night, Nine attracts more viewers by allowing Victorians to watch their preferred sport in AFL without having to miss the NRL.
Seriously? I would have thought that the amount of potential viewers who are asleep would far outweigh the viewers who are watching AFL. But, hey, what do i know? Victoria could be a state with the majority of it's population being vampires.

FTR i went back as far as july 12th and could find no reason given as to why the Storm v Saints or Storm v Manly isn't being played live.

A bit random getting that reply at 20 to 12 at night lol. Guess they really aren't liking our posts.

Just replied:

Okay, so as far as i know Nine Network has 3 channels? Would it not be better to have the game live on GEM or GO, and still have the delayed game on 9, or vice versa? Because Minor Premiers v Reigning Premiers is a massive event, and a massive game, especially considering it is the local club, fighting back from a horror 2010 season. Because not only will this game rate, it would give the nation a good look at the state of rugby league in Victoria.

Will keep you posted.

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
What a predictable BS response. The crap they show this Friday instead of league will rate somewhere around 100-150K. The last storm game rated about 80K on a Sunday against a lower ranked side and it was against an AFL game.

That plus they have already payed for the NRL rights so it costs them nothing to broadcast it. They are full of sh*t and we need to keep posting these facts on their page. Someone needs to compile the ratings their crap shows get on Friday nights and show it to them.

That plus they still haven't explained why they won't get an exemption to show the game on GEM like they did for the union. Again they need to be called out on this.

Edit:The best part about this is the AFL doesn't even start till 8.30. The NRL game would only be up against the AFL for like 1 hour. Who knows they may actually be able to pick up some of the casual Melbourne sports fans waiting for the AFL. Instead they are going to show more 2 and a half men and the mentalist. Come on now.

Last edited:

ByRd

First Grade
I just liked both pages to post a comment, hopefully this gets somewhere but i doubt it.

Latest posts