What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 not keen on going live for Melbourne Storm's blockbusters or any NRL finals

Should 9 be sold the rights to Rugby League again?

• Yes

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 124 94.7%

• Total voters

Perth Red

Post Whore
What's he meant to do? Walk in there with a gun and say put it on Gem or else?

I'm sure he is reminding them that they will get no favours when the next TV rights are negotiated. I would like to see Ten/One HD get it.

He could shame them in the media (we've seen Demetriou do it when he wasn't happy with something the TV was trying to do), he could be representing the storm in meetings with Ch9 and basically telling them to lift their game or kiss any hope of a new deal goodbye, he could even use the old: Use it or lose it threat. This was made 4 1/2 years ago and nothing has improved. Impotence is a terrbile blight for a CEO!

SMH 2004:
NRL games could be telecast on the ABC or SBS if free-to-air coverage in the frontier territory of the code does not improve, says NRL chief executive David Gallop. Gallop's threat follows a meeting in Sydney on Thursday with Channel Nine chiefs Jeff Browne and Steve Crawley and an increasingly frustrated Melbourne Storm boss Brian Waldron, who is angry that last night's grand final rematch was not due to be shown until 11.45pm in Victoria. Channel Nine preferred to run a Sean Penn movie, I Am Sam. Waldron has also demanded answers on why Friday night matches can't be shown on pay TV in Victoria in the same way AFL matches are telecast to northern states on Foxtel.

Gallop, angry he is the focus of accusations that he secured an inferior TV deal compared to the AFL and caught in the middle of a pass-the-blame game by Channel Nine and Fox Sports, hit back yesterday, saying games could be consigned to the ABC and SBS. "We gained guarantees in terms of broadcast times for our major events and for coverage of weekly matches," he said of the NRL's much-criticised TV contract. "These include the ability to negotiate with SBS or the ABC where Nine can't meet its commitments. Ultimately, that may well prove more valuable than a 'split' feed on a pay TV channel."

Flapper

First Grade
They're not saying a f**king word the cowards. Spread the word and keep at it I say.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Haha, facebook think i am a spambot. Have to put in Captchas to post anything lol.

Though i dont know how seriously i'll be taken with my picture being mewtwo facing off with frieza :/

NrlCoach

Juniors
Hopefully Nine lose the rights followed up with a breach of contract lawsuit.

112486-david-gallop.jpg

VictoryFC

Bench
Understandable for now considering the past with Melbourne, League and C9. But totally unacceptable in the new deal. Will put up with it because we are used to it, but one can only assume that things like this will be a thing of the past in the new deal.

It reeks of an anti-League decision though.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Well, i have just been blocked from posting on channel 9s wall. My fun has just ended. Lame. hehehehehe. Anyone would think i lived in Melbourne or something. :D:lol::D

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
f**k it, I just went nuts on them hahaha

17 comments in a row

Latest posts