What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 not keen on going live for Melbourne Storm's blockbusters or any NRL finals

Should 9 be sold the rights to Rugby League again?

• Yes

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 124 94.7%

• Total voters

big_matt

Juniors
139k was the Swans biggest audience this year in Sydney. Which was this past weekend.

I understand that. But:

A) The Swans have been around much longer than the Storm
B) The Swans get regular tv coverage in NSW, allowing them to build up a tv fanbase. The Storm don't get any coverage in Melb.

Given the above, its ridiculous and completely unfair to even compare the Swans and Storm in terms of tv numbers.

If the Storm get anywhere near the Swans numbers on the back of a shorter time competing in their comp and way less tv exposure then they'd be doing incredibly well.

Brutus

Referee
i don't get all these articles bagging 86,000 http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/nrl-dodges-crowds-ratings-bullet-20110918-1kfub.html

a. it was better than the 66,000 the Yawnion got in Melbourne on the same day

b. it is higher than the Swans average in Sydney

c. 9 only gave two days notice and did not promote it

d. this from June 19

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2011/06/week-26-4.html

And to all the ignorant f**ks out there who think 86k is a terrible figure up against an all Melb AFL blockbuster, please read the above post again. It lays it out plain and simple.

Didn't the Swans get as low as 27k for one FTA game in Sydney this year?

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
It's pretty clear anyone bagging the Storm ratings either a) has an AFL agenda or b) hasn't done any research and is just parroting what people like Hadley are saying.

juro

Bench
There you go, Bileduct. You are a Hadley parrot. Doesn't get much lower than that!

bileduct

Coach
It's pretty clear anyone bagging the Storm ratings either a) has an AFL agenda or b) hasn't done any research and is just parroting what people like Hadley are saying.
Your analysis is deeply flawed as you have not considered all of the options. How about:

c) utterly despises the cheating filth scum f**kwits

For the record I can't stand AFL, and I would repeatedly kick Hadley in the head if he was totally defenceless laying on the ground.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Storm_prim_PMS_pos_normal.jpg

MelbStormRLC Melbourne Storm RLC

Ch 9 have confirmed that they will show Storm V Warriors LIVE in to Melb this weekend. Whats everyones thoughts? #purplepride #getonboard

Billythekid

First Grade
Your analysis is deeply flawed as you have not considered all of the options. How about:

c) utterly despises the cheating filth scum f**kwits

This was pretty obvious really and it's also why your argument is so sh*t. The thing you fail to realise is that 9 screwing over the storm and the NRL in Melbourne actually has pretty big implications for the entire league not just the storm.

LESStar58

Referee
Token gesture showing it live. If they don't they get shit again. Still it won't stop them from advertising it properly to ensure it gets an audience. Scum.

squeeze

Juniors
Token gesture showing it live. If they don't they get shit again. Still it won't stop them from advertising it properly to ensure it gets an audience. Scum.

they will advertise it, at 11.15pm + on thurs night during the NRL footy show. the closest u will get b4 that will hopefully be a comment during the AFL footy show. total bunch of inept fickwits are channel nein

LESStar58

Referee
You are right. The AFL Footy show will plug it. As much as I hate the game I do have a lot of time for Gary Lyon. He'll big it up, no doubt...

Gippsy

Bench
What's the chances of them putting the other game on live in Melbourne, or at least at a reasonable hour?

Latest posts