What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 not keen on going live for Melbourne Storm's blockbusters or any NRL finals

Should 9 be sold the rights to Rugby League again?

• Yes

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 124 94.7%

• Total voters

afinalsin666

First Grade
130 comments and 151 likes on channel 9s page.
114 Comments and and a whopping 280 likes on WWoS page. Which is more impressive coz they deleted my multiposts on this one.

And it's growing. We're doing good ladies and gentlemen.

Last edited:

Stormsally

Juniors
To keep the LU facebook link going, I just have to say I love this comment by 'James'

Apparently they should be called the "Everywhere but Melbourne Storm"

If anyone is going to the Manly game - I think a cardboard sign:

"Things you may have missed - this game live into Melbourne"

and see if you get an accidental flash on the screen

Flapper

First Grade
Does anyone know the two corresponding idiotball games? If theyre two 400point floggings that gives us another point to argue

Brutus

Referee
That excuse from Channel Nien for not showing the game is appalling.

These types of things have to be used against these pricks during the next broadcast negotiations.

Keep complaining guys. Excellent work. They are treating league fans like fools.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Does anyone know the two corresponding idiotball games? If theyre two 400point floggings that gives us another point to argue

Unfortunately it is 3v4. Would have helped if it was collingwood vs the suns. We'll get no help from that angle.

docbrown

Coach
That excuse from Channel Nien for not showing the game is appalling.

These types of things have to be used against these pricks during the next broadcast negotiations.

Keep complaining guys. Excellent work. They are treating league fans like fools.

Just got a reply from WWoS.

Seriously? I would have thought that the amount of potential viewers who are asleep would far outweigh the viewers who are watching AFL. But, hey, what do i know? Victoria could be a state with the majority of it's population being vampires.

It's a bullshit excuse.

You don't see 7 or 10 delaying AFL coverage because of it clashing with other sports. It's the equivalent of saying: "Hey, let's give our competition open slather and let's not show the sport that we paid tens of millions of dollars for."

Honestly - the only reason this shit gets by is because

a) the NRL are gutless

b) Channel 9 is run by the incompetent management that have killed their standing as the number one network. These guys would be fired within a month in the USA, they wouldn't stand for their idiocy, yet these guess get their contracts renewed because their mates of mates and blew some exec

c) 9 Melbourne is run by AFL boys who feel threatened by any other football code than feebleball

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Why don't they show it live on gem then replay it at 1130 on nine

Then all these afl fans can switch over after if they want

And the league fans can watch it live

Problem solved

nyx

Juniors
I just sent a message to the Telegraph and the Herald informing them of what we have been doing. Fingers crossed this gets some paper space.
Is there a contact Email for Roy Masters on the smh site anywhere?

I can't find one.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Nine attracts more viewers by allowing Victorians to watch their preferred sport in AFL without having to miss the NRL.

This implies a significant crossover between AFL and NRL fans in Melbourne which I find impossible to believe.

They could at least be honest and say that they can't find advertisers for NRL games.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Why don't they show it live on gem then replay it at 1130 on nine

Then all these afl fans can switch over after if they want

And the league fans can watch it live

Problem solved

that has been asked already and 9 said they won't dedicate that many hours to a sport that supposedly doesn't rate in Victoriania :roll:

9 are just merkins

afinalsin666

First Grade
Just fired off an email to all the footy shows. I reckon the sunday roast is our best bet, coz they don't give a f**k.

sundayroast@nine.com

Send them an email. It can't hurt. And it would be good to get some exposure on this.

gsweeper

Juniors
would they seriously talk out against their own network? I'm sure they would be 100% committed to what everyone is arguing, but channel 9 employs them

hutch

First Grade
Might be worth emailing a show like the triple m morning show with Marty johns. Surely he holds a grudge against channel 9. Any exposure is good!

Latest posts