What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel nein commentators

Mr Fourex

Bench
Interesting that Fatty and Hadley are actually talking and having jokes together...maybe they've made peace?

^^^THIS^^^

First thing I thought when I realised Hadley and the Fat have been teamed up.

I was always under the impression the hate ran deep between those two.

Is this another lever being applied to fatty, by CH9...... to get him to leave. Teaming him up with a bitter enemy is genius

Ruthless bastards .... :lol:

Mr Saab

Referee
Voss has been sent from 1st grade to park football. He will rarely call a game and wont even be apart of the Roast.
Tim Gilbert will be hosting and he is a complete nuffy.

undertaker

Coach
Interesting that, what will happen when both Rabs and Raaaayyy are over in London?

I mean obviously Vossy would be the main caller, but who would get as the 2nd caller?

He'll be back during the Olympics

No he won't, according to this:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...n-race-to-sign-sonny-bill-20120310-1uqzz.html

PETER STERLING is in the box seat to be the new voice of rugby league when Nine broadcasts the game during the Olympics - and the network is promising league fans won't be left in the dark during the Games. The network's main callers, Ray Warren, Ray Hadley and Andrew Voss will be on Olympic duty - Hadley will be working for 2GB - meaning the search is on for a caller to front the coverage. ''It's something that we have been looking at and to me the solution is to have Sterlo and Gus [Phil Gould] call the game,'' Nine head of sport, Steve Crawley, said. ''Sterlo is the obvious choice in my eyes to be the main person to call the games - it would not be a big leap from his present style of calling to do the main call. Gus could do it if he wanted to but he is far better suited to the expert role. We are also considering a couple of young callers who have significant ability, but Sterlo will be the one to do the job.'' Of concern to league fans is whether the games will be shown. ''Jeff Browne runs Channel Nine, but I do know how he thinks when it comes to the rugby league and be sure that league fans won't be left in the dark,'' Crawley said. ''I know we need to speak to the programmers and to the NRL and we are about to go through that process now. You know it could be a difficult situation if Sally Pearson is running, but don't forget we have three channels now so we have the ability to ensure that no one misses out.''

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
And whoever it was that said that Sterlo would be commentating alongside Hadley next Friday night in Newcastle is correct:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ker-cameron-king/story-e6freye0-1226295948661

Bolts heals old wounds

IT'S the year of reconciliation for broadcaster Ray Hadley. On Friday night, he worked alongside old enemy Paul Vautin in the Channel 9 commentary box. Next Friday night, his co-commentator is an even older adversary - Peter Sterling.

"I get paid to call the football, not to decide who I'm calling it with," Hadley said.

We're just wondering what's next. Maybe lunch with Rob Oakeshott?

Brutus

Referee
Message to the QLD posters on here.

Please let us know how Nein's Queensland Cup coverage went today (I know it hasn't started yet). Did Vossy do the call? If so, did he sound like he was calling it from a studio or was he at the ground.

JoeD

First Grade
As a kiwi, Voss was definitely my preferred Nein caller as he was the only one who seemed to know our players or watch games he wasn't paid to commentate.

typicalfan

Coach
As a kiwi, Voss was definitely my preferred Nein caller as he was the only one who seemed to know our players or watch games he wasn't paid to commentate.
This is the good thing about Voss, I don't think he is as good in big games as Rabs except Gus screws big games up over and over. Voss shows genuine interest in the games, he looks as though he studies teams and comes prepared. Rabs and Bolts sound like they know most of the Sydney teams and maybe the Broncos and Storm players and the rest they are sketchy on. They don't show a lot of preparation, they turn up and call it adhoc.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
That's probably why you never saw a team like Canberra or the Warriors on Nine previously, would require Rabs to learn another 30 players and be able to spot them with his bad eyes.

Big Pete

Referee
They're at the game in this makeshift broadcast tent - essentially a small stand covered in tarps and such.

It doesn't get much lower but Vossy is still giving it his all.

skeepe

Immortal
Only a few minutes into the Roosters vs Panthers game, but gee it's refreshing to hear Rabs call a game without Gould.