What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel nein commentators

IanG

Coach
Bring back Graeme Hughes...best all round commentator ever.

Yeah always thought he was good on Channel 10 and Channel 7 when they had Test Matches. Spent a bit of time in NZ too. perhaps if Channel 10 go for the rights they should get him back

newman

First Grade
I find Hadley hillare. Unintentionally, he cracks me up both on his talkback show and when commentating. No one can be THAT self righteous and belligerent. I hate his politics too, so I'm no supporter.

I get a sneaky feeling that they are grooming him for Rabz' job. My uncle who is old as the hills told me that when Rabz started off on tv he copped a lot of stick because he sounded like he was calling a horse race. He will get better with time.

firechild

First Grade
Last night was the first time ever that I've turned off a game because of the commentary. It was woeful.

This. After a very enjoyable Manly v Tigpies match I was going to sit through the second game (in a way I wish I did because it sounds like it was a good game) but I heard Hadley's voice and had the tv switched off before kickoff. The bloke is a merkin of the highest order and he has no place calling a footy game on tv. Send him back to 2GB and let Voss call the games. I'm not a huge Voss fan but he is at least tolerable, even with Johns, Fitler and co. Thanks christ Hadley, Lewis, Vautin and Lockyer are going to be doing the 9:30 donkeys game each week.

M2D2

Bench
Great call from Hadley last night.

I tend to doze off during the second game but he kept me interested in the game all night with the flow of his call.

Unfortunately there are people on this forum with agendas against him no matter how good a job he does.

Some people are jealous of his incredible success and of course moron Labor/Communist Party supporters and halfwit Greens Party supporters on this forum would never give him any credit.
Obvious troll is obvious

cleary89

Coach
I turned it off last night. Re watching it now though. Not as bad as I originally thought. Re freshing that he only calls the action. Just give him some valium.

Hooch

Juniors
Unfortunately there are people on this forum with agendas against him no matter how good a job he does.

Some people are jealous of his incredible success and of course moron Labor/Communist Party supporters and halfwit Greens Party supporters on this forum would never give him any credit.

:lol:

If you don't like Hadley's call of the footy, you're a communist.

Fair dink.

Has the deal been done? Has Ray been anointed as the next Rabs? Did he buy that job by building an ugly statue in Junee? Since when did that station become so piss weak that it is afraid of offending a senile old gibberer like Rabs with the choice of his successor?

So we can wait 3 years for Hadley to get half way good at his job? What's the point, when they've been grooming Voss for all these years? Who doesn't actually suck as a tv caller.

They are a disgrace, a personality driven, jobs for mates backwater. All that matters is whose backside your nose is up.

The best outcome is they lose the coverage, and the entire commentary team gets a cleanout. It's time.

firechild

First Grade
I hope they groom Raaaaay for the job and lose the rights. Would serve the f*ckwits at nein right.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
it's gotta be the worst commentary team in recent times

Remember the game where Ben Ikin took over calling.

Last night however was cringeworthy, Raaaaayyy couldnt take a breath it was like calling the radio and talk about mentioning the player without a number for upteenth time. FFS.

Bring back Vossy.

roboshark

Coach
Talking of commentators. Why does mark braybrook do the NYC games now and Matt Russell the main game? Was the opposite in past years

For fox sports that is

Yoda

Juniors
:lol:

If you don't like hadley's call of the footy, you're a communist.

Fair dink.

Has the deal been done? Has ray been anointed as the next rabs? Did he buy that job by building an ugly statue in junee? Since when did that station become so piss weak that it is afraid of offending a senile old gibberer like rabs with the choice of his successor?

So we can wait 3 years for hadley to get half way good at his job? What's the point, when they've been grooming voss for all these years? Who doesn't actually suck as a tv caller.

They are a disgrace, a personality driven, jobs for mates backwater. All that matters is whose backside your nose is up.

The best outcome is they lose the coverage, and the entire commentary team gets a cleanout. It's time.

Flapper

First Grade
Great call from Hadley last night.

I tend to doze off during the second game but he kept me interested in the game all night with the flow of his call.

Hi Stephanie.

And to whoever mentioned it earlier, he did do the "don't touch the set "etc etc, he just blended in the other 48 million words he said.

Suitman

Post Whore
Thats the thing about Channel 9 just because a Rugby League player was so great, doesnt mean hes gonna be good on the commentary team.

This.

I just don't get the former player love. It shits me to tears. The simple fact that Lockyer has an awful voice should be enough to rule him out of a job position that requires a fine voice.
Do you think someone with a voice like that would get a position in a high profile training position these days, when clarity and elocution are paramount to the success of that position. Pig's arse they would.
Job's for the boys. f**king pathetic.
Channel 9 can get f**ked.

Suity

Ron's_Mate

Bench
When Ellis copped the knee in his thigh in the Manly game, he was clearly hobbling around in agony; meanwhile Rabbits was waffling on about some nonsense, totally oblivious to this game altering injury. It was Peter Sterling who brought it to their attention. Sterlo is the only commentator on 9 worth anything - he talks about relevant stuff and still has a good feel for the game.

Latest posts