What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel nein commentators

Ron Swanson

Juniors
Voss turned really arrogant and over the top last year. I couldn't stand it. It's funny though, 9 usually love annoying commentators. All the cricket commentators, Gus, that James Brayshaw tool etc.

It doesn't bother me at all that Vossy has been demoted, but the double standard is incredible. Especially when every 9 produced RL program this year has been utter garbage.

WYD

Juniors
Voss is intolerable, glad he's been given the flick.

Only worse possible replacement is Hadley, so of course Hadley calls the game.

kbw

Bench
I am so glad Voss has gone from my TV. I hated his santicmonious calling and attempts at being Ray Warren. (one RW is one too many as it is)
He was far from a nice bloke away from the TV and any punishment he has been given is probably not enough

Hooch

Juniors
Voss is intolerable, glad he's been given the flick.

Only worse possible replacement is Hadley, so of course Hadley calls the game.

That pretty well sums it up.

Ron Swanson said:
Voss turned really arrogant and over the top last year. I couldn't stand it. It's funny though, 9 usually love annoying commentators. All the cricket commentators, Gus, that James Brayshaw tool etc.

Glad James Brayshaw was mentioned, that pointy headed little bum licker will be there soon enough. With the fake deep voice and all.

Moffo

Referee
894922-andrew-voss.jpg

undertaker

Coach
http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...tball-and-the-sunday-roast/20120312-fu3g.html

Andrew Voss Dumped From Channel Nine's Friday Night Football And The Sunday Roast Post by: The Grill Team 12 March, 2012 - 1:34 PM

Comments 6

Andrew-Voss-Sacked-By-Nine-395.jpg

Photo: Getty Images
Andrew Voss has been dumped by Channel Nine with the network dropping him from Friday Night footy call and The Sunday Roast to cover the Queensland Cup.
"To see the Roast without Andrew Voss, it just isn't the same," his former co-host on the show Mark 'MG' Geyer told the Triple M Sydney's Grill Team.
MG continued "a lot of people don't like him. He rubs people up the wrong way but he loves his footy. It's his baby."
With no official statement forthcoming from Channel Nine, footy fans alike can only wonder about Vossy's absence.
Speculation arose after Ray Hadley was the second caller behind Ray 'Rabs' Warren for the Broncos Vs Cowboys Friday night footy game.
The rumour mill then went into overdrive when Vossy failed to appear on the 'The Sunday Roast' with his popular segment 'Stuff That You May Have Missed' being given to Darryl Brohman.
Instead Vossy was in Wynnum, Brisbane preparing to call the Round 1 Queensland Cup Game.
Vossy took to Twitter to explain his absence "Thanks for the support everyone. I am just a footy fan who has had the best job in the world. The Roast was huge fun for the last 6yrs."

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-statue-comments/story-e6freye0-1226110393415

And regarding the bit I mentioned in the Channel Nein commentators thread, this was what I meant when I made reference to the Gyngell/Hadley alliance:

Yesterday, Nine spokesman David Hurley said: "Andrew's judgment has failed him, after all this was a celebration of Ray Warren and everything he has done for league."
But the person least impressed by Voss's comments is said to be Nine boss David Gyngell, who was in Junee for the unveiling.

Hooch

Juniors
Well that's how it happens in the mob. You step on the wrong toes once and you get the bullet a few months later.

It is really amazing that that ridiculous sideshow regarding an ugly, inappropriate statue for someone who is just a bloody commentator despite all that, knocks a career on the head. I remember Voss' comments just being tongue in cheek at what everyone saw: a stupid ugly statue. I'm sure the residents of Junee will ship it off to the tip in a few years. Thought there would be a bit of blowback but nothing like this.

Just goes to show the NRL is just a plaything to that fat f**ker Gyngell, so him and his missus can go to the Roosters games and rub shoulders. They run the news in the same manner, but at least if they go all Edward Penis-Fingers on that there is serious competition to take their dollars away.

undertaker

Coach
Also, quite ironic that Andrew Voss is calling QLD Cup games. IIRC, besides filling in for Rabs when he wasn't available, Vossy started his career at 9 calling Brisbane Broncos matches before Chris Bombalas took over around 2000 (someone living in Brisbane can confirm this), as well as Sth QLD Crushers and Gold Coast Seagulls matches during the mid-late '90s before he permanently replaced Blocker in the main commentary team (NSW team, when a Broncos match wasn't shown on Ch9 Sydney) as sideline eye in 2000.

Last edited:
Hahaha now it's the Roosters fault. Jealousy is a motherf**ker

Dude linked to a f**king vermin forum as a source, weren't the Dragons on 5 Friday night games in a row the year before? I suppose that was all a Roosters conspiracy.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
I am so glad Voss has gone from my TV. I hated his santicmonious calling and attempts at being Ray Warren. (one RW is one too many as it is)
He was far from a nice bloke away from the TV and any punishment he has been given is probably not enough
Agreed, though I thought he was a Wanker on the tv as well.