What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel nein commentators

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I have a suspicion that the signing of continuous Ray has a lot to do with nine's Olympic coverage. Someone more in the know might correct me but I'd say Ray H might call the athletics there with Ray W the swimming, with Voss stepping in when theyre away or Voss may be involved in the Olympics if Ray W doesn't want to fly over.

Just a hunch, either way Voss seems to be on the outer at nine.

Chip Bayless

Juniors
I have a suspicion that the signing of continuous Ray has a lot to do with nine's Olympic coverage. Someone more in the know might correct me but I'd say Ray H might call the athletics there with Ray W the swimming, with Voss stepping in when theyre away or Voss may be involved in the Olympics if Ray W doesn't want to fly over.

Just a hunch, either way Voss seems to be on the outer at nine.

Agreed.

StormChaser

First Grade
It freaked me the f**k out! I came home after having a few after work bevvies, put the footy on and my mellow buzz was ruined! His commentary made me anxious, I got heart palpitations and a ringing in my ears!!

Is he on speed? Too many Red Bulls maybe? Sweet Jaysus the man needs to calm the f**k DOWN!!

Send him some Valium. STAT.

Hooch

Juniors
Well if this goes the season, we know Voss has done some sort of Henjak-esque unmentionable act involving a donkey and the wife of one of the network honchos, and will never front the coverage at 9 again.

Hadley is f**king terrible. The only ones who like him either completely despise Voss or are partially blind and prefer the radio style call. Even as a radio caller he is dull, no inflection to his voice. David Morrow is much better, at least he sounds excited, and actually makes space for his co-commentators. Hadley just bellows a bit louder when things heat up.

I don't think anyone actually likes Vossy as a person, but surely he is preferable to this nincompoop.

I would rather they give Tim Gilbert a run. That would be a nice quiet commentary, with Timmy shifting uncomfortably in his seat.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Rabs and Gus are merkins, you'll hear no objection from me on that front. merkins who annoy me, but for the most part they're slow merkins, and while I hate them that's about as far as it goes.

Hadley is too fast, he'll literally give me headaches. If you paired him with Freddy and put him on a diet of marijuana then maybe he'll make some progress. The merkin just needs to slow down.

lol, no arguements. I just thought it was refreshing not having Rabs, Gould or Voss thinking it's all about them.

I got a headache listening to Hadley - it ruined what was a great game.

I pity the Broncos/whoever the second friday night game is because it is ruining the game.

typicalfan

Coach
Wasn't a great call, didn't really enhance what was a very entertaining game. Speaks too fast, speaks too often. And simply telling us what we can already see on the screen like when Yow Yeh and his stats came up after his try reading from the table we can all see.

I just wish Gus did the games with Hadley, Gus would find a way to dominate the conversation and Rabs can call the game without the "why did the refs do that?"

In-goal

Bench
I still don't have an issue with Hadley's call. I am over rabbit and that clown Gus, and I found Hadley to be doing what commentators are supposed to do, "call the game"!

If you don't like that sort of commentary, you're probably having to many before the game, making it hard to follow.

The NHL has constant calling, and it helps bring you into the match. Everyone is different, and thats the way it is.

typicalfan

Coach
As for Bolts being accurate..please. First set of six he didn't say a players name till tackle 4 (Matt Scott) instead of Cory Paterson and when he did Matt Scott took the next hit up lol. Justin Hodges runs the ball and Hadley says that Alex Glenn also has yellow boots :lol:

Rabs and Gus is grating but on their own they are light years ahead of Bolts. And have far far FAR more knowledge of the game.

nqboy

First Grade
Wally's a dribbler but he's still The King so I'll put up with him. Certainly no worse than schoolboys like Joey and Freddie.

Whoever said hadley needs to realise it's TV and not radio is on the money but he's better than gibbering, senile old Rabbits and Phool Gould trying to simulate blokey mateship.

innsaneink

Referee
I still don't have an issue with Hadley's call. I am over rabbit and that clown Gus, and I found Hadley to be doing what commentators are supposed to do, "call the game"!

If you don't like that sort of commentary, you're probably having to many before the game, making it hard to follow.

The NHL has constant calling, and it helps bring you into the match. Everyone is different, and thats the way it is.
Agreed...hadley wasnt bad....if you go looking for errors in calls, youll find them all the time, its no biggie really
Better than Gus n Rabs BSing about the weather, location, birds, milk, names, geography, TV shows, marine biology etc etc etc

chrisD

Coach
Hadley makes errors because he says so f**king much. He's really good with the names though, but missing the attempted intercept and Petero's second first touch show him up for a bit of a tard.

Great call from Hadley last night.

I tend to doze off during the second game but he kept me interested in the game all night with the flow of his call.

Unfortunately there are people on this forum with agendas against him no matter how good a job he does.

Some people are jealous of his incredible success and of course moron Labor/Communist Party supporters and halfwit Greens Party supporters on this forum would never give him any credit.

typicalfan

Coach
Great call from Hadley last night.

I tend to doze off during the second game but he kept me interested in the game all night with the flow of his call.

Unfortunately there are people on this forum with agendas against him no matter how good a job he does.

Some people are jealous of his incredible success and of course moron Labor/Communist Party supporters and halfwit Greens Party supporters on this forum would never give him any credit.
Yep because Fatty and Sterlo were jealous of his success.

some11

Referee
I don't even know who the guy is, it was still shit to listen to from what the highlights showed.

Get him off.

Yoda

Juniors
Last night was the first time ever that I've turned off a game because of the commentary. It was woeful.