What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel nein commentators

God-King Dean

Immortal
I dispise Hadley, but he called the game as he seen it.

Much better than the wank that the others provide.

I've been a supporter of Rabs for many years..... But his time is up IMO.

some11

Referee
Lucky I went to the game, just watching the highlights made me cringe.

I wonder how long they are going to persist with this garbage team.

I dispise Hadley, but he called the game as he seen it.

Much better than the wank that the others provide.

I've been a supporter of Rabs for many years..... But his time is up IMO.

And that's half the problem! He called it as it was happening, continually, without stopping, for 80 minutes :lol:

The man was like a cheap English techno beat, just constant noise.

Getting excited for big plays is a well-timed art, it's not something you should do throughout a whole game because it just grates on people. As over the hill as Rabs is he knows when to turn it on and when to go into cruise-mode.

Gus and Rabs are wankers, but they don't literally give you a headache, because they know how to control their voices and they leave room for brief moments of silence, they don't jizz over every second of the game.

Hadley was stuck in 5th gear. I just don't need that sort of noise abuse first thing in the morning, I'd rather be stuck in a Guantanamo torture room listening to Justin Bieber

Brutus

Referee
Hadley needs to face facts and admit he's a hopeless tv talent, whether commenting or just being a member of a panel.

there's a few reasons channel 9 is in the shit and poor judgement is high on the list.

Getting rid of voss in favour of this hadley critter is just criminal.

God-King Dean

Immortal
And that's half the problem! He called it as it was happening, continually, without stopping, for 80 minutes :lol:

The man was like a cheap English techno beat, just constant noise.

Getting excited for big plays is a well-timed art, it's not something you should do throughout a whole game because it just grates on people. As over the hill as Rabs is he knows when to turn it on and when to go into cruise-mode.

Gus and Rabs are wankers, but they don't literally give you a headache, because they know how to control their voices and they leave room for brief moments of silence, they don't jizz over every second of the game.

Hadley was stuck in 5th gear. I just don't need that sort of noise abuse first thing in the morning, I'd rather be stuck in a Guantanamo torture room listening to Justin Bieber

Oh my god. The audacity!

Rabs calles the game when he thinks ti's interesting.

" zomg someone did something i didn't expect therefore i'll speak in some medievil tongue accect!!! zomg!!"

Oh my god. The audacity!

Rabs calles the game when he thinks ti's interesting.

" zomg someone did something i didn't expect therefore i'll speak in some medievil tongue accect!!! zomg!!"

Rabs and Gus are merkins, you'll hear no objection from me on that front. merkins who annoy me, but for the most part they're slow merkins, and while I hate them that's about as far as it goes.

Hadley is too fast, he'll literally give me headaches. If you paired him with Freddy and put him on a diet of marijuana then maybe he'll make some progress. The merkin just needs to slow down.

Theballsplayedbackthroughthewingthree-quarterYohYehthenwawayontheoutsidethenturnedbackontheinsidebywhatlookslikethehalfbackWallaceyesitwashesputdownandthey'llplaytheballknowthroughthefullbackwiththebrightyellowbootsHoffmanhesputdownballplayedawaythroughtheactinghalfMcCulloghIthinkitwastwentysixmetersout......

:crazy: :lol:

Theballsplayedbackthroughthewingthree-quarterYohYehthenwawayontheoutsidethenturnedbackontheinsidebywhatlookslikethehalfbackWallaceyesitwashesputdownandthey'llplaytheballknowthroughthefullbackwiththebrightyellowbootsHoffmanhesputdownballplayedawaythroughtheactinghalfMcCulloghIthinkitwastwentysixmetersout......

:crazy: :lol:

30uu8w0.jpg

Danny-Boy

Juniors
I missed a great game of footy because of ray hadley. I couldn't take it after 5 minutes. I came back and watched the final 5 minutes but almost had to mute it. It's like a constant high pitched squeal. Bring back vossy.

I missed a great game of footy because of ray hadley. I couldn't take it after 5 minutes. I came back and watched the final 5 minutes but almost had to mute it. It's like a constant high pitched squeal. Bring back vossy.

Honestly, and I don't think I'm exaggerating all too much, I don't see why this Hadley character has a job.

Any literate LU member could snort a bit of coke and do what Hadley does. It's not like he's adding anything of value, he just tells you what's happening really fast.

Okay sure, every member on LU would be so nervous first time out that they'd be shit. But so what, give someone here 5 live calls and I reckon they'd be as good as Hadley.

The sad part is I'm only fishing for bites just a little bit. I somewhat believe what I've just typed. Hadley doesn't seem to have anything that any aspiring commentator doesn't have, aside from confidence, which is easily instilled in anybody with a few games experience.

I think what I'm really getting at is that we should shoot Hadley, in front of his children.

Hadley needs to face facts and admit he's a hopeless tv talent, whether commenting or just being a member of a panel.

there's a few reasons channel 9 is in the shit and poor judgement is high on the list.

Getting rid of voss in favour of this hadley critter is just criminal.

Exactly, we need to make our thoughts known direct to Channel 9.

I watched 5 minutes last night and turned off. Yes Hadley is accurate (unlike Warren), but he was calling the game as if it no one was watching it. I wonder how he throws in the sponsors plugs on the radio because he just doesn't stop. And to make it worse, Vautin was also yelling trying to keep up.

It just doesn't work. Bring back Voss.......

Exactly, we need to make our thoughts known direct to Channel 9.

I watched 5 minutes last night and turned off. Yes Hadley is accurate (unlike Warren), but he was calling the game as if it no one was watching it. I wonder how he throws in the sponsors plugs on the radio because he just doesn't stop. And to make it worse, Vautin was also yelling trying to keep up.

It just doesn't work. Bring back Voss.......

The problem with TV stations is they're built on ego, and they think they know better than the viewer. A TV station isn't going to head criticism, because they don't think your views are important.

The only way to make a difference is to vote with your feet, but even that's dangerous. Lets say people dislike Hadley so much that they stop watching - which won't happen but say in an alternative universe it did - all that would do is help 9 and other tv stations, because they'd say "look, the ratings are down, your product isn't worth as much as you say!"

Most big tv networks aren't interested in hearing what you think, your opinion is worthless, they determine what you like, not you.

Unfortunately that's how it works. No matter how shit Hadley is they aren't going to do anything about it. After all, if they did care about quality and the opinion of viewers they wouldn't have contracted Hadley in the first place, would they?

What you need to do is hijack a plane and fly it into C9 headquarters.

In-goal

Bench
I probably stand alone here, but I enjoy the continuous call, it adds to the tv spectacle.

It's one of the reason, I prefer radio broadcasts.

If you don't want commentary just turn the volume down.

Chip Bayless

Juniors
Ray Hadley is a good caller whether you like it or not. Hadley doesn't believe he is part of the "show" like Andrew Voss. It was a good call, more of it please. The less of Voss on television the better for this NRL fan.

I probably stand alone here, but I enjoy the continuous call, it adds to the tv spectacle.

It's one of the reason, I prefer radio broadcasts.

If you don't want commentary just turn the volume down.

People aren't saying they don't want commentary, they're saying they don't want Hadley.

Of course people want commentary, not every every second of every game. Real human beings have brains that are irritated by constant sound.

Perhaps you have some sort of hyper-active disorder and that's why Hadley doesn't make you ill?

skeepe

Immortal
Hadley is probably the best caller of the game on the radio. The problem is that he only has one setting, and he doesn't know how to dial it back for television.

I would say give him some time to adjust, but he called enough games of the Rugby World Cup to have reacclimatised to television.

He just doesn't have what it takes to do television. That's not a slight on him, it's just a fact. He's great at creating a picture of the game for you when all you have is sound, but when you can see the pictures that just becomes annoying.