What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel nein commentators

sovereign

Juniors
Voss was actually getting good, in commentary and on TV. He used to annoy me but he was really getting comfortable. Always thought he was too uptight if he smoked a joint before he came on he would be perfect.

2010Dragons

Bench
Ray Warren and Phil Gould are two grumpy old men constantly arguing about nothing. Stop your bitching and just commentate on the game, you know what they pay you to do.
We the viewers don't want to listen to this constant bullshit argument.... it is getting boring and old.
These blokes must be getting favours from Benji or his mum to be very bias towards him.
Even when Benji drops the ball or made a mistake they can only say “benji had a oops moment”
If the player works on the footy show or channel nine these two bias commentators will always praise them even if they stuff up and lose the game for thier teams.

eozsmiles

Bench
Raaay obviously listened to the feedback. First few minutes he was too quiet but I thought it was decent after that. Definite improvement on last week.

eozsmiles

Bench
Ray Warren and Phil Gould are two grumpy old men constantly arguing about nothing. Stop your bitching and just commentate on the game, you know what they pay you to do.
We the viewers don't want to listen to this constant bullshit argument.... it is getting boring and old.
These blokes must be getting favours from Benji or his mum to be very bias towards him.
Even when Benji drops the ball or made a mistake they can only say “benji had a oops moment”
[FONT=Calibri[B]]If the player works on the footy show or channel nine these two bias commentators will always praise them [/B]even if they stuff up and lose the game for thier teams.[/FONT]

Thanks for the scoop.

wibble

Bench
I think Hadley is a giant merkin, but I like his radio commentary.

On television last week he was terrible. Too fast and droning.

He improved a lot for last night's game to just bad. I agree that having Sterlo helped him.

He still has a way to go before I prefer him to the mute button.

Roger8

Juniors
Who's commentating the Perth game tonight? Assuming Rabs is doing the Eels/Panthers, is Vossy heading to Perth or do we still get Hadley?

whall15

Coach
Knowing Nine they'll do the ESPN Champions League method and have the commentary done in a studio thousands of kilometres away.

undertaker

Coach
Knowing Nine they'll do the ESPN Champions League method and have the commentary done in a studio thousands of kilometres away.

That's the one thing that turned me off watching ESPN's coverage of the soccer. I have no idea why they turn down the volume of the crowd to about level 1 or 2, whilst they turn up the volume of the commentators to level 10 (whether the commentators are at the game or not, I don't know). Because of this, it's hard to feel the excitement and emotion of, say, a winning kick in a penalty shootout.

When watching their coverage, you could easily mistake a game played at Wembley Stadium infront of 90,000 ppl for being a game infront of only 900 ppl.

***MH***

Bench

Negative. I listened to the Hadley show earlier when he was speaking to Rabs Warren about his appointment tonight.

Ray flew out to Perth earlier this afternoon after he finished his program and then flies back to Sydney tonight so he can fulfill his radio commitments tomorrow.

As poor as his TV commentating reviews are for his first months effort, I can't think of a harder working commentator in the industry. He does a Monday to Friday radio show in Sydney, then Channel 9 takes him on Friday night (which is usually the QLD TV game) and in most cases he has to fly to Brisbane. Then he has to come back to Sydney the next morning to do his radio coverage. His only day off is Sunday.

When watching their coverage, you could easily mistake a game played at Wembley Stadium infront of 90,000 ppl for being a game infront of only 900 ppl.

The British have boring crowds. Take a look at the Football support thread in the soccer forum to see how piss weak they are.

But seriously ESPN suck.

undertaker

Coach
Negative. I listened to the Hadley show earlier when he was speaking to Rabs Warren about his appointment tonight.

Ray flew out to Perth earlier this afternoon after he finished his program and then flies back to Sydney tonight so he can fulfill his radio commitments tomorrow.

Who said that he had to do the CCT show tomorrow? Are you sure this isn't a "hero mentality" at it's finest? Singo was the one who advised him to take a break after he got rushed to hospital a couple of years ago (due to heart and chest pain), came back home well after midnight only to wake up at 3:45am to go to work on his morning talkback radio program.

I highly doubt it was Singo who asked him to work tomorrow morning after doing his morning radio program, catch a 5hr airflight to Perth, call the game, go back on a 4hr airflight to Sydney, and arrive in the early hours of the morning. Isn't there someone else employed at CH9 by the name of Andrew Voss who's more than capable of calling the game and could've already have been in Perth to save Hadley travelling from one side of the country to another?

Also, many on here have made the point about how the CCT program on Saturday (12-5pm) talks about everything and anything but RL, yet it is the flagship "LEAGUE" show on radio (more like the radio version of The Footy Show) on the station that has the 'exclusive' radio rights (I won't get started on this point, as that has been mentioned in detail in another thread). CCT obtains good ratings not because it's good, but because it draws in a large demographic of people from Hadley's weekday program who are non-RL supporters. At much as a lot of ppl love to take the piss out of 2SM (for obvious reasons), they're the only radio station that talks about league on Saturdays - even during the off-season.

As poor as his TV commentating reviews are for his first months effort, I can't think of a harder working commentator in the industry. He does a Monday to Friday radio show in Sydney, then Channel 9 takes him on Friday night (which is usually the QLD TV game) and in most cases he has to fly to Brisbane. Then he has to come back to Sydney the next morning to do his radio coverage. His only day off is Sunday.

Again, who's fault is it that he CHOSE to work 7 days a week, 7 months of the year for 7 years straight after he arrived at 2GB? Again, it's not so much about the big money as it is about pride and ego. People like him choose to live to work; 99% of Australians work to live. When the more important things in life like family and health take a backseat (e.g. his workaholic mentality being the driving force behind his temporary separation with his wife last year. When it was in the news, it didn't surprise me as when he signed his previous contract to work 7 days/week, I always wondered where he'd find the time for his family), no matter how hard you work, how much money you make, how popular you think you are or awards you win, there will always be that empty void in you throughout life. I just can't feel sorry for ppl like him when shit hits the ceiling

Last edited:

Latest posts