What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

charges dropped against Watts

SDM

First Grade
shannon kiss

art_anthony-watts-gf-420x0.jpg

739761-anthony-watts.jpg

yum

She looks good enough to beat.

TheRam

Coach
Cheap shot!!

The funniest thing though Raider Pete, he and others like him that take tacky cheap shots at the fairer sex pretend to be some sort of moral compass that others should listen to. :crazy: Freakin laughable boofheads.

TheRam

Coach
Look for the boofheads who still don't think that we need a better hooker then what we already have.

Go back to the game against Manly when in the first 20 or so mins we were on top. Keating was doing his job for once and taking the line on fast. He was getting behind the defense and straightening the attack and offloading where possible. This gave us momentum and allowed the rest of the team to get on the front foot and do their job properly.

Then he stopped doing it and hey presto Manly started to dominate and eventually beat us. Now I know peckerheads like Pou have said that that does not matter because it only happened because Manly was playing like crap at the time, but that only re-enforces my argument.

Keating is not a good enough ATTACKING hooker for first grade NRL. He does not consistently trouble the better defenses. That is also why in 2009 we went so well with Kevin Kingston coming off the bench. Keating was on the field at the start of each game for his defense and also played stronger because he knew he was going to get a break and then when the sting was out of the game Kingston came on to attack the ruck, with great success.

Keating is not, I repeat NOT an 80 mins player. It is so very obvious for all to see. Watts is a superb dummy half attacking hooker that would compliment our team to no end. I'll say it again, we need a better hooker!!!

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Look for the boofheads who still don't think that we need a better hooker then what we already have.

Go back to the game against Manly when in the first 20 or so mins we were on top. Keating was doing his job for once and taking the line on fast. He was getting behind the defense and straightening the attack and offloading where possible. This gave us momentum and allowed the rest of the team to get on the front foot and do their job properly.

Then he stopped doing it and hey presto Manly started to dominate and eventually beat us. Now I know peckerheads like Pou have said that that does not matter because it only happened because Manly was playing like crap at the time, but that only re-enforces my argument.

Keating is not a good enough ATTACKING hooker for first grade NRL. He does not consistently trouble the better defenses. That is also why in 2009 we went so well with Kevin Kingston coming off the bench. Keating was on the field at the start of each game for his defense and also played stronger because he knew he was going to get a break and then when the sting was out of the game Kingston came on to attack the ruck, with great success.

Keating is not, I repeat NOT an 80 mins player. It is so very obvious for all to see. Watts is a superb dummy half attacking hooker that would compliment our team to no end. I'll say it again, we need a better hooker!!!

What has he done this year ?

DeanPay98

Juniors
Watts and his partner look like trouble. I know that we need a hooker but I'd rather not have him here.

Bigfella

Coach

I am not a huge fan of Watts, especially given his personality issues.

But I think Ram has some very good points.

Keating played a few good games, and Iagree, against Manly and also agaisn the Tigers he showed some great touches early. One of the things he did in the first 20 was to actually get in behind the ruck, rather than push our attach sideways.

On the one hand that improvement in attack is a plus. But the 60 minutes he went AWOL in attack for is still a concern.

I think Kearney sees him as a project and I am encouraged at some of the improvements in him. But we need heaps more.

At least having depth in the halves means there will be a role for Casey. Maybe Keating will only have to play 50 minutes next year?

Im not sure Watts is the answer, although he has talent and mental toughness.

If they put him on a very short leash and were happy with his attitude after talking to him - I'd take him. But I will understand if they pass.

TheRam

Coach
I am not a huge fan of Watts, especially given his personality issues.

But I think Ram has some very good points.

Keating played a few good games, and Iagree, against Manly and also agaisn the Tigers he showed some great touches early. One of the things he did in the first 20 was to actually get in behind the ruck, rather than push our attach sideways.

On the one hand that improvement in attack is a plus. But the 60 minutes he went AWOL in attack for is still a concern.

I think Kearney sees him as a project and I am encouraged at some of the improvements in him. But we need heaps more.

At least having depth in the halves means there will be a role for Casey. Maybe Keating will only have to play 50 minutes next year?

Im not sure Watts is the answer, although he has talent and mental toughness.

If they put him on a very short leash and were happy with his attitude after talking to him - I'd take him. But I will understand if they pass.

Thank you Bigfella. That is all I am saying. Just interview him and see where it leads. He could just surprise us all.

parra pete

Referee
The funniest thing though Raider Pete, he and others like him that take tacky cheap shots at the fairer sex pretend to be some sort of moral compass that others should listen to. :crazy: Freakin laughable boofheads.

I agree with all that. The point I was making was the comment that Shannon Kiss would make a 'good hooker'. She doesn't deserve a comment like that. She is the innocent party, I assume you don't know her..She is someones daughter. I would not like comments like that about my daughters--- or sisters...Bloody cheap shot against someone who can't defend herself.

84 Baby

Referee
I agree with all that. The point I was making was the comment that Shannon Kiss would make a 'good hooker'. She doesn't deserve a comment like that. She is the innocent party, I assume you don't know her..She is someones daughter. I would not like comments like that about my daughters--- or sisters...Bloody cheap shot against someone who can't defend herself.
If I don't like gambling, I don't enter Star City and tell all the Asian business men to stop gambling

parra pete

Referee
If I don't like gambling, I don't enter Star City and tell all the Asian business men to stop gambling

Sorry, I don't understand that comment..What do you mean???
What has that to do with calling someone you don't know ' a hooker', meaning a 'prostitute'

84 Baby

Referee
Sorry, I don't understand that comment..What do you mean???
What has that to do with calling someone you don't know ' a hooker', meaning a 'prostitute'
If you don't like people getting insulted, then stay out of the forum. Frankly I think the original comment was a compliment to Shannon Kiss. IF she were to go into that line of work, I doubt she'd be struggling for work

parra pete

Referee
If you don't like people getting insulted, then stay out of the forum. Frankly I think the original comment was a compliment to Shannon Kiss. IF she were to go into that line of work, I doubt she'd be struggling for work

Last edited:

Eels Dude

Coach
Gee, some people take things too seriously. Go back to the Raiders forum Pete... or is it too lonely there?

Eels Dude

Coach

As being the one who made that original comment you're quite correct. All I was saying was she's attractive.