What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

charges dropped against Watts

Gronk

Staff member
The funniest thing though Raider Pete, he and others like him that take tacky cheap shots at the fairer sex pretend to be some sort of moral compass that others should listen to. :crazy: Freakin laughable boofheads.

office11pr7mk7pm.gif

MrT

Juniors
Look for the boofheads who still don't think that we need a better hooker then what we already have.

Go back to the game against Manly when in the first 20 or so mins we were on top. Keating was doing his job for once and taking the line on fast. He was getting behind the defense and straightening the attack and offloading where possible. This gave us momentum and allowed the rest of the team to get on the front foot and do their job properly.

Then he stopped doing it and hey presto Manly started to dominate and eventually beat us. Now I know peckerheads like Pou have said that that does not matter because it only happened because Manly was playing like crap at the time, but that only re-enforces my argument.

Keating is not a good enough ATTACKING hooker for first grade NRL. He does not consistently trouble the better defenses. That is also why in 2009 we went so well with Kevin Kingston coming off the bench. Keating was on the field at the start of each game for his defense and also played stronger because he knew he was going to get a break and then when the sting was out of the game Kingston came on to attack the ruck, with great success.

Keating is not, I repeat NOT an 80 mins player. It is so very obvious for all to see. Watts is a superb dummy half attacking hooker that would compliment our team to no end. I'll say it again, we need a better hooker!!!

I hear u. Watts would compliment our attack in a big way. We need another NRL standard hooker. I'd be happy with Aiton. I'd say SK is considering Watts, just a hunch

CrazyEel

Bench
Look for the boofheads who still don't think that we need a better hooker then what we already have.

Go back to the game against Manly when in the first 20 or so mins we were on top. Keating was doing his job for once and taking the line on fast. He was getting behind the defense and straightening the attack and offloading where possible. This gave us momentum and allowed the rest of the team to get on the front foot and do their job properly.

Then he stopped doing it and hey presto Manly started to dominate and eventually beat us. Now I know peckerheads like Pou have said that that does not matter because it only happened because Manly was playing like crap at the time, but that only re-enforces my argument.

Keating is not a good enough ATTACKING hooker for first grade NRL. He does not consistently trouble the better defenses. That is also why in 2009 we went so well with Kevin Kingston coming off the bench. Keating was on the field at the start of each game for his defense and also played stronger because he knew he was going to get a break and then when the sting was out of the game Kingston came on to attack the ruck, with great success.

Keating is not, I repeat NOT an 80 mins player. It is so very obvious for all to see. Watts is a superb dummy half attacking hooker that would compliment our team to no end. I'll say it again, we need a better hooker!!!
I agree with you that we need a better no 9 but after the way they ditched Vai Vai can't see them giving Watts a chance even though he does offer a lot more than Keating.

oldmancraigy

Coach

You're creating a false dilemma here.

You're assuming just because some (many) people think Watts is no good, that means they are thrilled with Keating.

I think we're allowed to say that (a) we need a better hooker and (b) Watts is not the answer.

I wouldn't sign him - can't see the point. Like it or not we're stuck with MK. What's the benefit of adding another substandard hooker to the mix?

Watts just isn't all that good. There's a plenty good reason why he's only played 41 games in 5 years, and been bounced between 3 clubs. I'll say it again, he's just no good.

You got red hair in real life Ram? Is that why you love Watts so much??

Bazal

Post Whore
Watts is a rubbish player, who has been punted from every NRL club he's ever played for, so it follows that he is also a rubbish bloke...I appreciate that hooker is something of a weakness for us, but really? Watts is the answer people come up with? Really?? Wow

Daneel

Bench
We have a 9 and a 14 (MK and McGuire) - do we need a backup reserve?

Answer: probably!!

Having said that: I've never seen anything in Watts game to suggest that he's worth a shot. He just seems to stuff up all the time.

Yeah mate thanks for that. I was really just having a go at his ability suggesting his no better than a reserve hooker for reserve grade, but thanks for letting me know we need one. :roll:

Bigfella

Coach
How is everyone claiming he was sacked from the Cowboys:

However, officials at North Queensland say he was well behaved during his three years in Townsville.

They claim Watts did not want to return to Sydney but did so to follow Kiss.

MrT

Juniors
Watts is a rubbish player, who has been punted from every NRL club he's ever played for, so it follows that he is also a rubbish bloke...I appreciate that hooker is something of a weakness for us, but really? Watts is the answer people come up with? Really?? Wow
Maitua was punted from Bulldogs and Sharks

Bigfella

Coach
And also, the claim that he was "moved on" from the Roosters at end of 2006 seems to be a bit murky.

If he had been so out of favour - why did they take him back a few years later? And why did Ricky Stewart, who was head coach at the Roosters from 2002 -2006, sign him for 2007?

I think people are overreacting a bit to an article that draws a lot of inferences but is pretty light on facts.

parra pete

Referee
Watts is most definitely not the answer.

However if the question was "whose improvements to the Newcomen steam engine was fundamental to the changes brought by the Industrial Revolution in both the Kingdom of Great Britain and the world", the answer would be Watt.

Suitman

Post Whore
However if the question was "whose improvements to the Newcomen steam engine was fundamental to the changes brought by the Industrial Revolution in both the Kingdom of Great Britain and the world", the answer would be Watt.

What?

TheRam

Coach
If you don't like people getting insulted, then stay out of the forum. Frankly I think the original comment was a compliment to Shannon Kiss. IF she were to go into that line of work, I doubt she'd be struggling for work

Then in the spirit of that statement can you post a picture of your mother so as we can see if she would etch out a decent living in that line of work.

I mean this as a compliment of course.

TheRam

Coach
You're creating a false dilemma here.

You're assuming just because some (many) people think Watts is no good, that means they are thrilled with Keating.

I think we're allowed to say that (a) we need a better hooker and (b) Watts is not the answer.

I wouldn't sign him - can't see the point. Like it or not we're stuck with MK. What's the benefit of adding another substandard hooker to the mix?

Watts just isn't all that good. There's a plenty good reason why he's only played 41 games in 5 years, and been bounced between 3 clubs. I'll say it again, he's just no good.

You got red hair in real life Ram? Is that why you love Watts so much??

:lol: No I don't. But I don't agree with your assessment that he is no good. I think he is very good. Especially for the way we would use him. But that's cool we all have our opinions.

DeanPay98

Juniors
Parra Pete is actually right those comments about Shannon Kiss are derogatory. They might even be defamatory. Either way, not a good look. We all want the code to be female friendly so as to get more fans so it doesn't help if the fans act like prats.

But, its a moot point. Quite apart from the matter with Kiss, Watts has clear disciplinary issues as demonstrated by his conduct at Cronulla and the Sydney Roosters. Unlike Maitua he has not shown any commitment to changing his ways. We would be buying trouble.