What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity Shield 2009

WHO WILL WIN THE 2009 CHARITY SHIELD GAME

• DRAGONS

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • RABBITOHS

Votes: 28 25.2%
  • DRAW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • THE REF

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • WHO CARES

Votes: 24 21.6%
  • MY MOTHER INLAW

Votes: 12 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The most obvious answer to come from me....souths
although i do suspect a fair few of our players wont play aka asotasi, wing, maybe merritt
but i can see a rabbitohs win here i think, will be close.

IanG

Coach
Whoever wins the punch up.

The Charity Shield because rather notorious for always having punch ups in them but they haven't had one for a while

Yeah, havent seen a proper one for a while in any match.
Its probably because the NRL wants to clamp down on trouble makers quickly. I do remember that in last years origin i think it was Ben Cross (?) started punching the other blues player. Obviously a lack of practice

Sugar

Bench
All depends on the strength of the teams fielded
Gone are the days of Souths treating this trial like a GF (I hope)

tiger_nick

Bench
souths will win. they treat it like a grand final, everyone knows it. saints will finish the game with half their under 20s out there whilst souths will be full strength.

last year i had members tickets directly above the burrow. i hadnt seen fans celebrate a win like that since the 05 grand final.

Hanscholo

Bench
Both sides to lose at least one regular for the season, StGeorge to lead at half time only to be run down by souths.

Dazraider

Juniors
If the bunnys win this I will not post any threads on writing them off and saying how woeful they are.

good chance ill be heckling the bunnys all season as they are and will always remain a woeful club:lol:

Again, the charity sheild isnt what it used to be. To most its a warm up match for the season and all about blooding some young guys with the older ones. Also, what happens if souths beat the raiders? does that mean the raiders are more woeful than souths?

Nemesis

Bench
souths will win. they treat it like a grand final, everyone knows it. saints will finish the game with half their under 20s out there whilst souths will be full strength.

last year i had members tickets directly above the burrow. i hadnt seen fans celebrate a win like that since the 05 grand final.
This is the team the Dragons named for the 2008 Charity shield numbnuts... doesn't look like a bunch of under 20's to me. Both the Dragons and Souths fielded full strength teams http://sportal.com.au/league-news-display/stars-line-up-for-charity-shield-43954

1. Josh Morris
2. Jason Nightingale
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Matt Cooper
5. Brett Morris
6. Rangi Chase
7. Jamie Soward
8. Ricky Thorby
9. Ben Ellis
10. Jason Ryles
11. Beau Scott
12. Ben Creagh
13. Dean Young
14. Ben Hornby
15. Chase Stanley
16. Lagi Setu
17. Justin Poore
18. Kirk Reynoldson
19. Jarrod Saffy
20. Stuart Webb
21. Simon Woolford
22. Michael Lett
23. Dan Hunt

Nemesis

Bench
If the bunnys win this I will not post any threads on writing them off and saying how woeful they are.

good chance ill be heckling the bunnys all season as they are and will always remain a woeful club:lol:
Good chance I'll be heckling you all season as you are and will always remain an ignorant dickwad. :lol:

Sugar

Bench

Heckle away f**kwit

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Dragons by 14

Hopefully theres a decent crowd there too, wasn't there 20-odd thousand there last season?

I'd love to see 25k+

Latest posts