What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chase Stanley Update

In the opening scenes of the Footy Show tonight, Danny Weidler told us that Chase Stanley might be heading to the Storm
Looks like he doesn't want to head back home to NZ

I reckon he would go well there next to Inglis.

Change of scenery may give him the required jolt.

Would be good for the Storm as well unfortunately.

SuperSoward

Juniors
I'd like him to leave now to the Storm so Fien could come.. That won't happen.. Storm could only offer Finch salted cashew nuts.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Happy for him to leave provided the Storm buy out all of his remaining contract in full, none of this we pay 50k and they pay 100k etc ala Amos Roberts or Trent Barrett.

It would be great if we could give him more time to develop as I acknowledge he is still so young, but the difference in circumstances between persisting with Chase as opposed to someone like Setu was that Stanely is on v good coin and we simply can't afford to have blokes on 150k plus running around for Shellharbour, Setu was not on anything like Stanleys current contract.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
would like to see him stay.

huge potential, don't get rid of him because of 1.5 bad seasons.

SaintScotty

Juniors
Agree with Muzby. We have to persevere a little. Cooper won't be around forever and Chase is still only about 20 or so.

St Benny

Juniors
would like to see him stay.

huge potential, don't get rid of him because of 1.5 bad seasons.

Are you kidding me???
If i.5 bad seasons isnt enough to convince you he needs to go, then what do you want??? 4 bad seasons???

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Are you kidding me???
If i.5 bad seasons isnt enough to convince you he needs to go, then what do you want??? 4 bad seasons???

not at all.. but, the kid has at least 10 years in 1st grade left in him still...

why throw him away now?

teegy

Juniors
he hasn't performed but id hate to lose a young bloke with that potential. unfortinalty $$$$$$ command the game now so if we can get someone better from toyota cup then cut him loose

If Wayne has no interest in the guy, then I'm happy to see him go. He had a blinder in his debut season as a centre/winger, but I think Nathan Brown trying to convert him into a back rower may have hurt his confidence a bit.

vista

Juniors
I wish he would just do evryone a favour and go - the sooner he's gone the sooner Fien can come in

The Nick

Bench
I think a move will be the best thing for Chase Stanley's career.

It seems at the Dragons he's had things a bit to easy. He's always had a rep for being one of the brightest talents in the Dragons junior system, which no doubt would have fuelled his ego and been detrimental to his attitude. He was virtually handed his first grade debut based on talent, rather than anything he'd done to earn it, and then Nathan Brown had basically perservered with him in First Grade for 3 seasons despite the fact he clearly wasn't up to NRL standards as yet.

It's well known he has a bit of an ego and and a poor attitude to training. Essentially I think he's had things to easy at the Dragons, lost the desire to push himself and has become complacent.

Once he goes to a new club, he won't have a reputation or "fans" within the club to rely on. He'll be forced to establish himself and earn the respect of his new coach and teammates.

Basically, I wish him all the best of luck in his career, hopefully he can live up to his potential elsewhere, as $150k is simply to much space under the salary cap to house "potential" for this long.