What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chasers handing out fake weapons

Razor

Coach
Willow said:
Apparently it is an offence to mock media beat ups of crowd violence, but it is not an offence to scream 'f**k St George' in my face while I'm with my son... that happened recently at a match in Brisbane and some Qld cops saw it all.

They need to act on a complaint. If you complained about it to the police, they could have been charged with Offensive Conduct. People have before for swearing at the football. But they can't arrest anyone unless a complaint was made - as Offensive Conduct only applies if someone found offence at what was said or done.

innsaneink

Referee
Apparently it is an offence to mock media beat ups of crowd violence, but it is not an offence to scream 'f**k St George' in my face while I'm with my son...

Actually I think you'll find it can be an offence....I may be wrong though.
Possibly its different in Qld.

I guess the cops use their discretion though...I mean if they went around arresting everyone at footy matches that yelled out 'f**k Bulldogs' 'f**k saints' etc...theyd be pretty busy eh?

I wonder if the beak will understand.....only a few here have the correct interpretation after all....

Knowing now, after reading this thread.... that I should be feeling the opposite about this to how I do has left me in somewhat of a quandary.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'm sure it is was technically an offence Innsane, but I didn't care enough to complain. Easier to enjoy the rest of the evening. As Razor said, they apparently need a complaint before acting on it.

According to reports in the mainsteam, police arrested the chaser guy after some Bulldogs supporters complained.

"I was filming for our show, hawking off a Bulldogs supporters' kit. It was a silly thing: it had fake knuckledusters, balaclavas, that sort of stuff," Licciardello told Southern Cross Broadcasting.

"Most of the people took it pretty light-heartedly, but a couple of the supporters got a bit angry and then the police stepped in."

Police acted after several Bulldogs fans complained about the man's behaviour.

For Cammo, these are what 'sources' look like:
http://www.news.com.au/sundayheraldsun/story/0,21985,19802226-2902,00.html
http://www.news.com.au/sundayheraldsun/story/0,,19799063-661,00.html

Cammo

Bench
Willow said:
Excuse me? You made an unsubstantiated and unsourced allegation about rape jokes. I was asking for a firm source, to see the context of the alleged joke, before deciding if I agreed or disagreed with you.

If you are unable to back it up, I can only assume that you made it up.Thanks for the offer, but you'll find I'll do that when I decide, not when you tell me.

Assume whatever the hell you want. Is that supposed to upset me?

I don't care if you want a source, and if you don't believe it without a source I don't care either.

I have my opinion on the matter and that's that. You can think what you like about my opinion and disagree with me, that's what living in this country is all about.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Willow said:
Yes, and yes.'Give them a break' - is that code for let them have their whinge?
Or is it code for shaduppa you face?

Y2Eel, I fight for you're right to disagree with me.

What a great idea!

Its more of a code for see it from their perspective and let them be...

you fight for my right to disagree with you:crazy:

i thought it was a great idea...

Red Bear

Referee
Anyone see the show on friday night as they went around giving tickets to people for 'being a wanker' and having personalised number plates. lmao

ibeme

First Grade
Willow said:
What are you suggesting ibeme, that the Chaser fella was actualy inciting violence? And it was just good fortune which stopped it escalating?

No. There was an expectation of crowd troubles at the game. It was through the papers. I'd say that this is why the Chaser was there, placing even further strain on the situation. I'm happy that the fans didn't give them what they all wanted.

No, its the other way around.

The way I read this thread, most people see it as a joke at the Bulldogs fans expense. Most just don't see it as being offensive though, encouraging those who are offended to lighten up. Only a few have stated that it was more to do with peoples perceptions of bulldogs fans.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Cammo said:
Assume whatever the hell you want. Is that supposed to upset me?
No, I just asked for you back up a your claim. You refused to do so.
Cammo said:
I don't care if you want a source, and if you don't believe it without a source I don't care either.
Well until such time that you back it up, excuse me for thinking that you're talking through the proverbials.
Cammo said:
I have my opinion on the matter and that's that. You can think what you like about my opinion and disagree with me, that's what living in this country is all about.
It was more than an opinion, you made an unsubstantiated claim. There's a difference.

Rexxy

Coach
Moffo said:
he was stupid for doing what he did, he could've easily been beaten to a pulp.

You obviously think C*nterbury fans are irrational, violent and capable of assault too.

0neye

:lol: :lol: :lol: ;-) I'VE NEVER HEARD OR SEE THE SHOW BEFORE BUT I WILL BE HAVING A LOOK AT IT FORM NOW ON ;(0)

innsaneink

Referee
0neye said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: ;-) I'VE NEVER HEARD OR SEE THE SHOW BEFORE BUT I WILL BE HAVING A LOOK AT IT FORM NOW ON ;(0)

Im sure you wont be alone....and there we have it.

I laughed my arse off when I saw this. Once again....brilliant, funny stuff.

Think it says alot about life these days with every man and his dog having to be seen to react to things.

It was a joke, didnt hurt anyone, but hasnt everyone jump in and made themselves feel important over this when in the past they have no worried about REAL problems.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Cammo said:
Quick lock me up :roll:
Are you wearing a Bulldog's jersey?

Tell me cammo, this hot sauce, is that the same place with dangerous posts like: "I hope he dies and burns in hell!"

As a matter of interest, do you think that's an appropriate or excusable comment to make?

And I believe it is the same place where we can find forummers saying that they wanted to 'drop him'. As in get violent.
And to cap it off, one poster claims the police laughed when things started getting a tad ugly. Which sounds like bullsh*t to me.

Was that the place?

Geez, if I was there and had a chuckle in their direction, would I risk getting a thumping? A great reference point. Basically, a discussion amongst a few courageous keyboard heroes blaming some comic for their own violent tendancies.

What a sad state of affairs.

Perhaps you are unaware of one report which says the chaser guy was carrying a fake 'date rape drug' in a packet. That'd be the stuff he stole from the chemist while threatening them with his plastic knives. I don't know why I'm helping you with this scoop, I must be getting soft.

Cammo

Bench
Willow said:
Are you wearing a Bulldog's jersey?

Tell me cammo, this hot sauce, is that the same place with dangerous posts like: "I hope he dies and burns in hell!"

As a matter of interest, do you think that's an appropriate or excusable comment to make?

And I believe it is the same place where we can find forummers saying that they wanted to 'drop him'. As in get violent.
And to cap it off, one poster claims the police laughed when things started getting a tad ugly. Which sounds like bullsh*t to me.

Was that the place?

Geez, if I was there and had a chuckle in their direction, would I risk getting a thumping? A great reference point. Basically, a discussion amongst a few courageous keyboard heroes blaming some comic for their own violent tendancies.

What a sad state of affairs.

Perhaps you are unaware of one report which says the chaser guy was carrying a fake 'date rape drug' in a packet. That'd be the stuff he stole from the chemist while threatening them with his plastic knives. I don't know why I'm helping you with this scoop, I must be getting soft.

:BDH:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yeah sure Moffo, that's exactly what I said.

And Bulldogs are the victims, hey?